PDA

View Full Version : Another Nice Tuesday

Rockntractor
09-01-2009, 01:13 AM
We couldn’t ask for nicer weather for September in Oklahoma! Normally it is hot till the third week. The last few days have been in the low 80’s.

TOTD: My wife made a batch of oatmeal cookies two days ago and I have them all eaten but one. What are your favorite cookies!

lacarnut
09-01-2009, 07:11 AM
I am heading out this am for my beach vacation. The weather is supposed to be great for the next couple of days.

TOTD; nothing better than Brownies with pecans or walnuts.

linda22003
09-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Gorgeous here, too, as though autumn kicked in right on the first of September.

Favorite: thin ginger cookies, like Moravian cookies.

Gingersnap
09-01-2009, 10:09 AM
We'll be in the 80s during the day all week but it's dropping down at night already. We had a spectacular moon last night thanks to the fires and an even more dramatic sunrise today. Regional transport will ensure that the full moon on Friday will be amazing!

TOTD: Cookies are my only food vice. You can have your chocolate or premium ice creams - just give me the cookies. I will start baking them again this month. I like all cookies but I especially like to bake seasonal types of cookies: spice cookies and soft ginger cookies in October, Pepparkakor at Christmas, molded springerle cookies at Easter, etc.

But I'm more than happy to fill in on ordinary days with oatmeal-raisin, chocolate chip, sugar cookies, shortbread cookies, jewel cookies, or whatever. My "favorite" cookie is pretty much whatever I'm making that day. :)

Rockntractor
09-01-2009, 10:19 AM
We'll be in the 80s during the day all week but it's dropping down at night already. We had a spectacular moon last night thanks to the fires and an even more dramatic sunrise today. Regional transport will ensure that the full moon on Friday will be amazing!

TOTD: Cookies are my only food vice. You can have your chocolate or premium ice creams - just give me the cookies. I will start baking them again this month. I like all cookies but I especially like to bake seasonal types of cookies: spice cookies and soft ginger cookies in October, Pepparkakor at Christmas, molded springerle cookies at Easter, etc.

But I'm more than happy to fill in on ordinary days with oatmeal-raisin, chocolate chip, sugar cookies, shortbread cookies, jewel cookies, or whatever. My "favorite" cookie is pretty much whatever I'm making that day. :)

I'm hungry they are all gone now! That woman said she would bake another batch today. Yippy!

PoliCon
09-01-2009, 12:15 PM
We couldnít ask for nicer weather for September in Oklahoma! Normally it is hot till the third week. The last few days have been in the low 80ís.

TOTD: My wife made a batch of oatmeal cookies two days ago and I have them all eaten but one. What are your favorite cookies!

Chewy? With walnuts? :o I ADORE a good oatmeal cookie . . . .

BadCat
09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Great morning out in the dove fields.

Had rain last night, so it messed up the flight patterns, they didn't have to go very far to find water. The birds were flying every which way, no rhyme or reason to the flight patterns. It was slightly overcast keeping the sun off of us for a good part of the morning until it burned off. Lots of rainbows in the west at sunrise.

18 doves in the bag, me 10, wife 8.

Gingersnap
09-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Great morning out in the dove fields.

Had rain last night, so it messed up the flight patterns, they didn't have to go very far to find water. The birds were flying every which way, no rhyme or reason to the flight patterns. It was slightly overcast keeping the sun off of us for a good part of the morning until it burned off. Lots of rainbows in the west at sunrise.

Congratulations! Post something yummy in Recipes about them. :D

Shannon
09-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite.

Bubba Dawg
09-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Cool today on The Mountain. Overcast but no rain.

My favorite all time cookie is oatmeal raisin. I like 'em with chopped pecans in 'em.

Rockntractor
09-01-2009, 07:44 PM
My grandma used to make a cookie with crushed potato chips in them. They were really good they had a sweet salty taste. If anyone is familiar with them and has a recipe please post it!

Shannon
09-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Cool today on The Mountain. Overcast but no rain.

My favorite all time cookie is oatmeal raisin. I like 'em with chopped pecans in 'em.

Noooo! You can't add nuts to oatmeal raisin cookies!

Bubba Dawg
09-01-2009, 07:49 PM
My grandma used to make a cookie with crushed potato chips in them. They were really good they had a sweet salty taste. If anyone is familiar with them and has a recipe please post it!

Potato Chip CookiesRecipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2005

Show: Emeril LiveEpisode: Quick & Easy
RECIPE COMMENTS & REVIEWS(23) Cook Time1 hr 0 min
Level
Easy
Yield
3 1/2 dozen
CloseTimes:Prep20 min Inactive Prep1 hr 0 min Cook1 hr 0 min Total:2 hr 20 min Recipe Tools:

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/2 cup finely crushed potato chips
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
Chocolate Sauce, for dipping, optional, recipe follows
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and vanilla. Add the toasted pecans and potato chips and stir well. Add the flour and stir to combine.

Place the remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a shallow bowl.

Form the mixture into small balls, about 1 tablespoon each, and place on an ungreased baking sheet.

Dip the bottom of a heavy flat-bottomed glass in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and flatten the cookies on the baking sheet, dipping in sugar before flattening each cookie. Bake the cookies until light golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes.

Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. (The cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.) When cookies have cooled, dip 1 half of each cookie in the chocolate sauce, if desired. Let harden on a wire rack.

Chocolate Sauce:

4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Place the chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl.

Bring the cream to a bare simmer over low

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/potato-chip-cookies-recipe/index.html

Bubba Dawg
09-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Noooo! You can't add nuts to oatmeal raisin cookies!

They are soooooo good. :p

Shannon
09-01-2009, 08:01 PM
They are soooooo good. :p

You are a Commie.

Bubba Dawg
09-01-2009, 08:08 PM
You are a Commie.

And to prove it, I take oatmeal raisin cookie with nuts when I ride my bicycle.

And soccer games. :p

Rockntractor
09-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks Bubba!

Shannon
09-01-2009, 08:20 PM
And to prove it, I take oatmeal raisin cookie with nuts when I ride my bicycle.

And soccer games. :p

While speaking French, no doubt.

Bubba Dawg
09-01-2009, 08:23 PM
While speaking French, no doubt.

Oui, my toot suite.....

Shannon
09-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Oui, my toot suite.....

Did you just call me fat?

Bubba Dawg
09-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks Bubba!

You're welcome Big Guy.

Salty and sweet is a good combination, kinda like some females I know.

Bubba Dawg
09-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Did you just call me fat?

non....:D

RobJohnson
09-02-2009, 12:25 AM

Can you make cookies out of them?

djones520
09-02-2009, 12:32 AM
TOTD: No Bake cookies. My mom got a recipe for them when we where living in Greece. I've loved them ever since. Their like crack to me.

NJCardFan
09-02-2009, 01:20 AM
It's September 1st and it's 54 degrees right now. Damn that global warming!