PDA

View Full Version : Hunting with the wife

BadCat
09-01-2009, 03:53 PM
My wife is a good hunter, she enjoys it and she's pretty good with a shotgun. Unfortunately, you can't take the "girl" out of the hunter.

This actually happened this morning....

She had one dove in the bag, and shot at a low flier moving fast. She knocked it down and went to retrieve the bird...

*rustle* *snap* *rustle*
Her: IT'S STILL ALIVE!
Me: Pick it up
Her: IT'S MOVING
Me: Pick it up
Her: IT'S WALKING!
Me *BOOM* (Report of Remington 870 12 gauge fired from hip at wounded dove)
Her: YOU BLEW IT IN HALF
Me: You should have picked it up.

linda22003
09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
My grandmother used to pick up a chicken, twist its neck, and kill it before it knew it was off the ground. This is a skill women should not lose, apparently. :D

Molon Labe
09-01-2009, 04:18 PM
LOL!
At least your wife goes hunting. My wife will shoot a gun, but hunting? Out of the question.

SarasotaRepub
09-01-2009, 08:33 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And I can just see BadCat doing that too. :D

Gingersnap
09-01-2009, 09:56 PM
LOL!
At least your wife goes hunting. My wife will shoot a gun, but hunting? Out of the question.

Hook her up with your state's version of the Department of Wildlife's Wild Women Outdoors program. Every state has one under one name or another.

These gals sign up and learn hunting as a group with female instructors (usually). It's a blast whether she's a complete hunting virgin or has just has some bad experiences at "deer camp". Look it up. Now is the perfect time to get involved.

Women will do amazing things in all female group as I'm sure you guys secretly hope. Although in this case, it involves a sight picture and field dressing.

Wait a minute - that still sounds kind of hot. :p

MountainMan
09-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Hook her up with your state's version of the Department of Wildlife's Wild Women Outdoors program. Every state has one under one name or another.

These gals sign up and learn hunting as a group with female instructors (usually). It's a blast whether she's a complete hunting virgin or has just has some bad experiences at "deer camp". Look it up. Now is the perfect time to get involved.

Women will do amazing things in all female group as I'm sure you guys secretly hope. Although in this case, it involves a sight picture and field dressing.

Wait a minute - that still sounds kind of hot. :p

Im getting that warm fuzzy feeling again..... :o

Gingersnap
09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Im getting that warm fuzzy feeling again..... :o

Go take a private moment and punch yourself.

A lot of women have been joyfully converted into hunters through female-only programs although they lose their ability to make sammiches on command. The venison loin is worth it though.:D

MountainMan
09-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Go take a private moment and punch yourself.

A lot of women have been joyfully converted into hunters through female-only programs although they lose their ability to make sammiches on command. The venison loin is worth it though.:D

HMMMMMMMMM...................Loin............:o

djones520
09-02-2009, 12:29 AM
LOL!

Likewise with mine. She was in the Army, but has a problem with shooting deer. Go figure.