PDA

View Full Version : Duggars expecting 19th child!

jinxmchue
09-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Wonderful news!

But I suppose it's time for a new round of smartaleck "It's a uterus, not a clown car" remarks from assholes who think it's "a woman's choice" unless that choice means a large family.

BSR
09-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Wonderful news!

But I suppose it's time for a new round of smartaleck "It's a uterus, not a clown car" remarks from assholes who think it's "a woman's choice" unless that choice means a large family.

Well, I guess I'm done in this thread before I even start...

NJCardFan
09-02-2009, 01:16 AM
I had to:
http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/vagina-clown-car-demotivational-poster.jpg

stsinner
09-02-2009, 01:22 AM
I got from a close source that she has a velvety fringe and stainless zipper installed so it just opens like a nice purse.. After about number 6, she would just find the baby dragging behind her by the umbilical cord in the mall and other inconvenient places, so a zipper was the obvious choice.

But seriously, good for them.. They have no debt, and they're RICH! The kids are being raised in a Christian home (albeit a massively materialistic one), and they have good discipline and morals instilled.

Shannon
09-02-2009, 06:26 AM
How old is this woman?

linda22003
09-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Wonderful news!

It's their choice either way. But this is not a large family, it's a circus act.

linda22003
09-02-2009, 08:00 AM
How old is this woman?

Chronologically, 43. How old her internal organs would appear to be is another story. :p

Shannon
09-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Chronologically, 43. How old her internal organs would appear to be is another story. :p

43 is getting up there for having babies, isn't it? I'm all for large families if you can support them but this just seems ridiculous now.

Lars1701a
09-02-2009, 08:34 AM
I bet when its time for this baby to born it would be able to walk out if it could :)

noonwitch
09-02-2009, 08:36 AM
She's going to have a prolapsed uterus at some point during or shortly after menapause.

linda22003
09-02-2009, 08:50 AM
43 is getting up there for having babies, isn't it? I'm all for large families if you can support them but this just seems ridiculous now.

Oh, they can support them. They do "reality" tv shows, like Octomom. :rolleyes:

jinxmchue
09-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Wow. You've all surpassed your assholery by leaps and bounds.

Gingersnap
09-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Oh, they can support them. They do "reality" tv shows, like Octomom. :rolleyes:

The Duggars were comfortably well off long before they were ever approached by any TV producers. I believe their main motivation in participating in the TV show is to offer some positive publicity for the Quiverfull Movement.

I'm always amazed at the negative reactions some people have toward large families. Where I grew up, four kids were considered "normal" and people didn't think that a family was unusually large until the 7th or 8th kid. Even then, families that size weren't rare.

As long as the State isn't funding your reproductive consequences, who cares?

linda22003
09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
As long as the State isn't funding your reproductive consequences, who cares?

I don't, actually. If she wants to keep going until her uterus not only prolapses but completely falls out, that's fine with me. They give all the kids names that start with "J" and I'm sure they don't always use the right names.

Jumpy
09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
My gramma had 16 children, (all birthed at home) and I am not sure about the prolapsed uterus thing. She did wind up as a patient in the hospital, for the first time ever, in her 60s or 70s. Coulda been from a prolapsed uterus. She had everything all stitched up and was back to her quilting ASAP.

Huge families can be great. The Duggars seem like they have a good system going.

The younger half of the siblings in my mothers family had a very rough time of it.

BadCat
09-02-2009, 09:31 PM
My gramma had 16 children, (all birthed at home) and I am not sure about the prolapsed uterus thing. She did wind up as a patient in the hospital, for the first time ever, in her 60s or 70s. Coulda been from a prolapsed uterus. She had everything all stitched up and was back to her quilting ASAP.

Huge families can be great. The Duggars seem like they have a good system going.

The younger half of the siblings in my mothers family had a very rough time of it.

Hey, if they can support them and provide a good home, they can pop 'em out until the cows come home.

ExLiberal
10-16-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm with you, Jinx. I'm a little late on finding out this wonderful news but I'm so excited for her. Let the antinatal folks rage as they will....either way each child is a gift and a blessing. And a challenge....which Michelle takes on beautifully. She's 10x more of a woman than any of these whiny feminist brats who dedicate long articles to "exposing" the family, theorizing how poor and oppressed the wife and children are, and how destructive this family is to society. Not to mention the extraordinarily crude and sexist comments made about the woman's body by some so-called feminists. They pretty much echo the same comments that immature, womanizing fraternity jocks make about girls who refuse to sleep with them. So much hatred for this woman...you'd think she was a serial murderer or something.

These people are not the same as John and Kate plus 8, or octomom. They're are such pure, good-willed, hard-working, servant-hearted people who embrace the concept of family, togetherness, and hard work. I don't see anything to hate about them...but liberals (and conservatives, I guess) will always find something.