PDA

View Full Version : Man slaps stranger’s crying kid .

megimoo
09-02-2009, 10:51 AM
A Gwinnett County man is in custody Wednesday accused of slapping a stranger’s crying toddler in a Stone Mountain Wal-Mart.

Witnesses say that Roger Stephens, 61, warned the mother of the child that he would “shut up the crying child if she couldn’t,” WSB-TV is reporting. Stephens is accused of slapping the 2-year-old multiple times in the face and then walking away.

A bystander held Stephens until store security came to assist, according to the story.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/man-slaps-strangers-crying-129235.html?cxtype=ynews_rss

Shannon
09-02-2009, 10:55 AM
We've all fantasized about doing that.

stsinner
09-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Awesome! Hope this catches on like bell-bottoms! Dinners out could be enjoyable again!

Rockntractor
09-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Now a court will decide he is a child molester and he will have a hard time finding a place where he can live. His life is basically over now!

NJCardFan
09-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I wouldn't have slapped the kid. The mom on the other hand...word to parents of kids who act like the spawn from hell in public, take them home.

noonwitch
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
You should never smack someone else's kid. It'll probably lead to a lawsuit.

Gingersnap
09-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Just about every sane adult has had this impulse but it's still assault on a minor if the kid isn't the fruit of your own loins.

I'd be happy enough if nicer restaurants had a family section and if movie theaters really enforced the rating system. Let's face it, you are going to run into screaming children in grocery stores or discount places.

Rockntractor
09-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Years ago the little 6-year-old neighbor kid came over. He had been told repeatedly to stay away from the pond. I caught he out there and got after him; he knew he wasn’t supposed to be at the pond alone. He pulled his pocket knife out of his pocket and threatened me with it (I’m sure that was something he had seen on TV) I told him that was just what I needed and I cut a branch off a willow tree and gave him two swats on the bottom. I then told him to go home and tell his momma what he had done and that he had gotten his butt switched for doing it.
His mother stopped by later and I gave her the pocketknife. She laughed about the switching and said he had told her everything and was very sorry. I would never never do that now!

noonwitch
09-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Years ago the little 6-year-old neighbor kid came over. He had been told repeatedly to stay away from the pond. I caught he out there and got after him; he knew he wasn’t supposed to be at the pond alone. He pulled his pocket knife out of his pocket and threatened me with it (I’m sure that was something he had seen on TV) I told him that was just what I needed and I cut a branch off a willow tree and gave him two swats on the bottom. I then told him to go home and tell his momma what he had done and that he had gotten his butt switched for doing it.
His mother stopped by later and I gave her the pocketknife. She laughed about the switching and said he had told her everything and was very sorry. I would never never do that now!

Some of my black coworkers who grew up in Detroit in the 50s and 60s said that's how life was for them growing up. If they got in trouble down the block, the adults who caught them would give them a whipping, then the adult would call their parents, and they'd get another whipping when they got home.

They are nostaligic for this, probably because by the time they were grown up and it was their time to do the whipping, it wasn't being allowed anymore.

CorwinK
09-02-2009, 06:22 PM
The 2-year-old victim sustained slight redness to the face, according to the report. There was no video footage in the area the incident took place, according to the report.

awwww....poor baby...redness in the face...boo friggidy hoo. People need to learn that proper parenting involves discipline of some sort that works, whether its a spanking, time out, being grounded, loss of TV privileges (or other activity that occupies the child's time) whatever...as long as it works. I remember being sent to bed at 4 in the afternoon without supper if I did something I knew I shouldn't of done, god forbid you "starve children" now...some kids nowadays could afford to skip a meal anyway. Please note...discipline is not abuse...and abuse cant be discipline so for those of you deranged people out there who use a spanking as an excuse to toss your child down the basement stairs...you deserve to burn in hell after you fall down the stairs.

BSR
09-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Are you all fucking crazy? Sometimes a 2 year old will cry no matter how you try to comfort him or her. That fucker would be in the hospital if that were my child or was done in front of me.. You never hit someones kid especially in the the face..

BadCat
09-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Are you all fucking crazy? Sometimes a 2 year old will cry no matter how you try to comfort him or her. That fucker would be in the hospital if that were my child or was done in front of me.. You never hit someones kid especially in the the face..

That's right.

Putting water in their nose works a lot better.

Shannon
09-02-2009, 08:15 PM

I can't believe that anyone was serious.

Where do you hit a kid if not in the face?:p

Bubba Dawg
09-02-2009, 08:18 PM

You could tell if Shannon, or any of the mothers on this board, had a stranger slap her child by the chunks and blood spray that was left of the perp.

He would die a quick and painful death.

Shannon
09-02-2009, 08:18 PM

BTW, keep your screaming brat at home and you won't have to worry about people slapping him.:p

BSR
09-02-2009, 08:21 PM
BTW, keep your screaming brat at home and you won't have to worry about people slapping him.:p

you can guarantee if someone hit my kids it would take multiple cops and a tazer to pull me off their ass...

Phillygirl
09-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Glad the mom took the whipping in the spirit in which it was given.

My sister-in-law has always made it clear that if her children misbehaved in my presence, she would consider me neglectful if I didn't swat the kids. Of course, those kids have never needed a swatting from me.

patriot45
09-02-2009, 08:27 PM
I can't believe that anyone was serious.

Where do you hit a kid if not in the face?:p

I am not above tripping a freaking brat in a store, works good too! :D

Shannon
09-02-2009, 09:21 PM

I like the way you think.

BadCat
09-02-2009, 09:49 PM

I like to pop them in the forehead with my knee.

patriot45
09-02-2009, 09:54 PM
I like to pop them in the forehead with my knee.

Yeah thats good too, but my way no one really knows you did it! And the brat gets up and looks around and can't figure out who got him, precious!

BadCat
09-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah thats good too, but my way no one really knows you did it! And the brat gets up and looks around and can't figure out who got him, precious!

Well, see, the knee in the forehead is an "accident".

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I kick you in the head? I didn't even see you down there".

Jumpy
09-02-2009, 10:09 PM

NO SHIT!! Ditto what you just said. okay.. read the rest and ya'all were joking.

I can't imagine what the guy would do in private if he assaulted a kid like that publicly. Anger management probably won't fix him, as he has likely already gone through that class a time or two.

patriot45
09-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Well, see, the knee in the forehead is an "accident".

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I kick you in the head? I didn't even see you down there".

I'm convinced! I'm going to Walmart tomorrow and make it my highlight of the day to take out a rugrat! The false apology is great, I'll be sincere! :D

Another good one is just walk behind them and as they step just kick the back foot lightly, it will make it hit the front foot, and down they go! I do that to adults too!:D

Damn, I'm giving away some of my best, I'm in a bad move, moves!