PDA

View Full Version : Pillow talk

BadCat
09-03-2009, 10:39 AM
We have 6 pillows on our bed. I've found that you generally get what you pay for in a pillow, the more expensive pillows being proportionately better than cheaper pillows.

We like these "down surround" pillows, which have a feather core surrounded by goose down. They have the right firmness and a great "scrunch" factor.

I can not stand polyester or polyester fill pillows.

Are you a pillow connoisseur? Do you care what type of pillow you put your head on at night?

Rockntractor
09-03-2009, 10:43 AM
We have 6 pillows on our bed. I've found that you generally get what you pay for in a pillow, the more expensive pillows being proportionately better than cheaper pillows.

We like these "down surround" pillows, which have a feather core surrounded by goose down. They have the right firmness and a great "scrunch" factor.

I can not stand polyester or polyester fill pillows.

Are you a pillow connoisseur? Do you care what type of pillow you put your head on at night?

As long as they contain duck and goose foliage I am happy.

BadCat
09-03-2009, 10:49 AM
As long as they contain duck and goose foliage I am happy.

I saw these pillows in some catalog we got in the mail...

Heirloom goose down - King size - $3500 EACH!

I'm wondering what an heirloom goose is like.

Rockntractor
09-03-2009, 11:05 AM

Thats the ones that lay golden eggs!

linda22003
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM

Maybe like an heirloom tomato.
My husband is allergic to the down near his face; he sneezes and his eyes swell. We have to use synthetic fill, and I get the ones that have extra loft, for side sleepers, which both of us are.

Gingersnap
09-03-2009, 11:23 AM
I have four standard sized pillows on our bed. Because I have "issues", I buy new pillows and replace the old ones whenever I feel like it which works out to probably 3 or 4 times a year.

Needless to say, hyper-expensive pillows are not really an option.

Rockntractor
09-03-2009, 11:27 AM
I have four standard sized pillows on our bed. Because I have "issues", I buy new pillows and replace the old ones whenever I feel like it which works out to probably 3 or 4 times a year.

The ducks and geese only molt once a year. So If they are good enough for ducks for a whole year why not for people?

Gingersnap
09-03-2009, 11:42 AM
The ducks and geese only molt once a year. So If they are good enough for ducks for a whole year why not for people?

Hey! It is okay for people like you. :p

Rockntractor
09-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm waiting for Shannon to ask how they get the feathers off the ducks without hurting them!

BadCat
09-03-2009, 12:48 PM

Uhm...what kind of "issues" do you have about pillows?

Gingersnap
09-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Uhm...what kind of "issues" do you have about pillows?

They are germy. Usually I can overlook this kind of thing if I put my mind to it but a pillow is right on your face!

Since there is no really good solution to the cleaning issue, I just buy new ones. :)

BadCat
09-03-2009, 01:36 PM
They are germy. Usually I can overlook this kind of thing if I put my mind to it but a pillow is right on your face!

Since there is no really good solution to the cleaning issue, I just buy new ones. :)

BadCat's Pillow Bleach
It will put the OOOOO in your OCD.

I'LL BE RICH!!!

Gingersnap
09-03-2009, 01:44 PM
BadCat's Pillow Bleach
It will put the OOOOO in your OCD.

I'LL BE RICH!!!

If you can produce the evidence of its effectiveness, I'll buy the first bottle. :D

BadCat
09-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I guess you don't have "knee pillows".

We both sleep on our sides, and each have a pillow to put between the knees so they don't rub together.

linda22003
09-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I guess you don't have "knee pillows".

We both sleep on our sides, and each have a pillow to put between the knees so they don't rub together.

Odd, that's not what I thought knee pillows meant. :o

BadCat
09-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Odd, that's not what I thought knee pillows meant. :o

You have the other kind?

linda22003
09-03-2009, 02:10 PM
You have the other kind?

Well, I am getting older. :D

BadCat
09-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Well, I am getting older. :D

You have a set of Liberator pillows, don't you?

linda22003
09-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.

BadCat
09-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.

Uh huh.

Don't google it from work.

Lars1701a
09-03-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm waiting for Shannon to ask how they get the feathers off the ducks without hurting them!

You're kidding? she prolly would have no problem ripping the feathers off herself if she could save a buck. :p

linda22003
09-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Uh huh.

Don't google it from work.

I googled it anyway. I've never heard of them; they look like foam wedges for people who aren't very flexible themselves.

BadCat
09-03-2009, 04:26 PM
I googled it anyway. I've never heard of them; they look like foam wedges for people who aren't very flexible themselves.

Well, you were the one who said they were getting older.

( P.S. The ones with the built in handcuffs are a hoot)

Jumpy
09-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Oh for goodness sakes. As far as I know, pillows mean nothing to me. I prefer a flat one, or none at all. I like to wrap my elbow around one flat pillow, and that is all.

Who could possibly sleep with lots of pillows??? yuk!!

BSR
09-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Oh for goodness sakes. As far as I know, pillows mean nothing to me. I prefer a flat one, or none at all. I like to wrap my elbow around one flat pillow, and that is all.

Who could possibly sleep with lots of pillows??? yuk!!

I build a fortress around me with 4 regular pillows. 1 under my head, 1 in between my legs, 1 over my head and 1 between the wife and me (She sleep hits. Or at least that's what her excuse is :mad:)

Gingersnap
09-03-2009, 05:16 PM
I build a fortress around me with 4 regular pillows. 1 under my head, 1 in between my legs, 1 over my head and 1 between the wife and me (She sleep hits. Or at least that's what her excuse is :mad:)

Get a taser. :)

megimoo
09-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Get a taser. :)Slowly drip drops of water into her ear and if she wakes up deny everything !

RobJohnson
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM

So your head faces the pillow alot? Nice. :p