PDA

View Full Version : 50 caliber richochet

Rockntractor
09-03-2009, 11:02 AM
50 Cal. - (that's 1/2 inch in diameter)

This is a very, very lucky shooter. The guy is shooting a 50 cal rifle.

Watch the dust when the bullet returns after he fires.

The target, a steel plate was 1000 yards away. You can hear the ping of the hit, and then the bullet comes back and hits his earmuffs. You can actually hear the bullet as it tumbles through the air on its course back toward the shooter.

He is okay and obviously very lucky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIuEq9KrxZw

megimoo
09-03-2009, 11:37 AM
50 Cal. - (that's 1/2 inch in diameter)

This is a very, very lucky shooter. The guy is shooting a 50 cal rifle.

Watch the dust when the bullet returns after he fires.

The target, a steel plate was 1000 yards away. You can hear the ping of the hit, and then the bullet comes back and hits his earmuffs. You can actually hear the bullet as it tumbles through the air on its course back toward the shooter.

He is okay and obviously very lucky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIuEq9KrxZw
If that had hit him square in the head he would be one dead sucker !

Rockntractor
09-03-2009, 11:49 AM
If that had hit him square in the head he would be one dead sucker !

I have never heard of one coming straight back! I think God was trying to tell him something.

stsinner
09-03-2009, 11:53 AM
That's unbelievable!! Bullets pretty much flatten out when they hit IRON, absorbing most of the bullet's energy! That's amazing that it could completely reverse its trajectory and still have that much power. Notice, also, that it bounces off the ground right in front of him, scrubbing off even more speed.. That guy is lucky as hell!

FreeAmerican
09-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow

Nubs
09-03-2009, 03:39 PM
A local politician near me was playing with a M1A2 and was cited after putting holes in a house and car 2 miles downrange.

megimoo
09-03-2009, 05:23 PM
A local politician near me was playing with a M1A2 and was cited after putting holes in a house and car 2 miles downrange.That .50 cal sniper rifle has a max range of well over two miles and that round is smaller than the Mini balls they used at Gettysburg !

expat-pattaya
09-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I have to confess I find this hard to believe. To travel that far, hit an object dead on solid enough to repel it and then have enough energy to return straight back. I guess I am skeptical. Hard to believe.

Rockntractor
09-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I have to confess I find this hard to believe. To travel that far, hit an object dead on solid enough to repel it and then have enough energy to return straight back. I guess I am skeptical. Hard to believe.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm still scratching my head!

SarasotaRepub
09-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Damn...I was hoping it took his head off.

Now THAT would have been some vid!! :D

Rockntractor
09-03-2009, 09:46 PM

Blood thirsty varmint!

patriot45
09-03-2009, 09:47 PM

That bullet came back ballistic! It was whistling!.... Incoming! :D

SarasotaRepub
09-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Blood thirsty varmint!

http://truffleshuffle.co.uk/store/images/chunk_darth_vader_t-shirt.jpg

:D

And yes, I have the shirt.