PDA

View Full Version : Facebook peeps - anyone else get this today?

ralph wiggum
09-03-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't hang out there much, but noticed this status update from a few friends this evening:

xxxxx - believes that no one should die because they cannot afford health care, and nobody should go broke because they get sick. If you agree, please post this as your status for the rest of the day.

Was there some effort by MoveOn or some similar group to do this today that I missed?

BSR
09-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't hang out there much, but noticed this status update from a few friends this evening:

Was there some effort by MoveOn or some similar group to do this today that I missed?

I got it a few times. :rolleyes:

linda22003
09-04-2009, 08:33 AM
I got it once as well.

linda22003
09-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I asked the person who posted it on my page where she got it; she said AFSCME.

ralph wiggum
09-04-2009, 11:24 AM
I asked the person who posted it on my page where she got it; she said AFSCME.

Thanks for the info, Linda.

I don't do politics there. At least not yet. Maybe when the next election rolls around I'll change my mind.

linda22003
09-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info, Linda.

I don't do politics there. At least not yet. Maybe when the next election rolls around I'll change my mind.

I keep it light as well, since the group is mostly made up of relatives on my spouse's side.

PoliCon
09-04-2009, 11:38 AM

None of my friends are stupid enough to send it to me.

ralph wiggum
09-04-2009, 11:51 AM
None of my friends are stupid enough to send it to me.

It was their "status" update, not sent directly to me.

NJCardFan
09-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm going to post a counter to that by saying that I believe that if someone would rather spend their money on X-Box's, a bigger car, and flashier clothes than healthcare, my tax dollars shouldn't have to pay for it.

PoliCon
09-04-2009, 02:37 PM
It was their "status" update, not sent directly to me.

oh well I do know some people who would do that . . . . but they would think twice knowing that I would have a few comments . . . .