PDA

View Full Version : Women Cheat More, Lie Better Say Studies.

Gingersnap
09-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Think men are the unfaithful sex? A study shows WOMEN are the biggest cheats - they're just better at lying about it

By Maureen Rice

Last updated at 8:22 AM on 04th September 2009

Comments (96) Add to My Stories Are men or women more likely to cheat? While men have always had a worse reputation for being unfaithful, recent studies show that women are catching up fast - but we are a lot more likely to lie about it, and a lot less likely to get caught.

Simply put, it seems that women are better at having affairs than men.

The news that Farrah Fawcett had a secret affair for 11 years without telling a soul is a classic example of the way a woman cheats: discreetly, in secret, and while carrying on with the rest of her life as normal.
It has been met with hot denials by Ryan O'Neal, but - and I'm sorry to break it to you this way, Ryan - you'd be the last to know.

According to Dr David Holmes, a psychologist at Manchester Metropolitan University, women are having more affairs than ever - recent studies say the figure is around 20 per cent for men and a bit over 15 per cent for women - but they behave very differently from men when they cheat.

'The biggest difference is that women are much better at keeping their affairs secret,' he says. 'If you look at the studies into paternity, even conservative figures show that between eight and 15 per cent of children haven't been fathered by the man who thinks he's the biological parent.'

That's a lot of women keeping a lot of secrets. One woman I know - let's call her Juliet - has been married to Adrian for ten years, and having an affair with Mark for the past two.

She has told me and her sister - otherwise, she says, she's '100 per cent certain' that nobody else knows.
'I won't allow Mark to call me on my mobile or email me, ever. Mobiles and email leave a trail. I insist we talk on our office landlines, and when we meet for drinks or dinner, we pay with cash.

'We work in the same field, so meeting for lunch doesn't look suspicious. If we meet in the evening, I tell Adrian I'm with my sister, and meet Mark a few miles away, where we won't bump into anyone.' Does she feel guilty about the affair? 'Not so long as Adrian doesn't find out. You know the 11th commandment: don't get caught.'

Women have always had affairs, but over the past 20 years that number has risen dramatically.
Jobs outside the home - with the ready-made excuse of working late or business travel - financial independence and changing social attitudes mean that modern women simply have more opportunity to meet other men and start affairs. Mobile phones, internet chat rooms and email also make it easier to fuel intimate encounters.

But while women's lives and sexual behaviour might have changed, their willingness to be honest about it hasn't.

We lie so much that often we don't even think of it as lying at all, but as 'relationship management' The truth is that we have always lied about our sex lives. British men consistently claim to have had more partners than women - the current average is 13, while women claim to have had only nine.

Plainly, someone is lying here. While men might exaggerate their sexual conquests, the bigger liars are women.

When studies about sexual partners or fidelity use a mixture of face-to-face interviews and anonymous computer questionnaires, men will give the same answers to both, but women will report much higher numbers when the answers are anonymous.

Interesting.

Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211104/Think-men-unfaithful-sex-A-study-shows-WOMEN-biggest-cheats--theyre-just-better-lying-it.html)

Rockntractor
09-04-2009, 12:53 PM
If it takes a man and a woman to cheat how can woman cheat more?

Gingersnap
09-04-2009, 01:14 PM

She cheats with five guys. We call it multitasking.

Jumpy
09-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Makes sense to me.

Rockntractor
09-04-2009, 01:51 PM
She cheats with five guys. We call it multitasking.

I call it a horny nymphomaniac. Where were all of them when I was single?

FlaGator
09-04-2009, 02:26 PM

If he is not married, he is not cheating.

ralph wiggum
09-04-2009, 02:37 PM

But would the man be committing adultery if he were single and having sex with a married woman?

Rockntractor
09-04-2009, 02:41 PM
He is cheating
her husband he didn't buy the cow but he is milking her for free!

BSR
09-04-2009, 03:27 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c218/beefgir/115.jpg

Gingersnap
09-04-2009, 03:29 PM

Oh, they were there. You might have been invisible to them but they were there. :p

BadCat
09-04-2009, 04:42 PM

Sleeping with me.

SarasotaRepub
09-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Of course the gals lie better. They have all that practice
with the "age" question...:D

Jumpy
09-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Of course the gals lie better. They have all that practice
with the "age" question...:D whatever.:rolleyes: I was always honest about my age.

The weight thing.... that is different. We are expected to lie to the tune of 5 lbs. Its in the rules.

SarasotaRepub
09-04-2009, 10:34 PM
whatever.:rolleyes: I was always honest about my age.

The weight thing.... that is different. We are expected to lie to the tune of 5 lbs. Its in the rules.

Soooo many places to go with this one...but I will be good. :cool::D

PoliCon
09-04-2009, 10:53 PM
But would the man be committing adultery if he were single and having sex with a married woman?

Technically - he would cuckolding . . . .

Jumpy
09-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Soooo many places to go with this one...but I will be good. :cool::D

atta boy. Now go make me some tea... or bring me a beer, or make me a sammich... or something.

Just kidding, except the part about the sammich..

Rockntractor
09-04-2009, 10:58 PM
atta boy. Now go make me some tea... or bring me a beer, or make me a sammich... or something.

Just kidding, except the part about the sammich..

I've got leftover turkey in the fridge!

PoliCon
09-04-2009, 10:58 PM

You were clearly moving in the wrong circles - or you weren't reading the clues right . . . I was pretty damn good at finding those messed up church girls ready to rebel and talk them out of their panties . . . .I knew the signs

Rockntractor
09-04-2009, 11:00 PM
You were clearly moving in the wrong circles - or you weren't reading the clues right . . . I was pretty damn good at finding those messed up church girls ready to rebel and talk them out of their panties . . . .I knew the signs

Oh I got some of it but you can never get to much!

PoliCon
09-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Oh I got some of it but you can never get to much!

OH yes you can. I've had more than my fill of whoring around. I've no interest in any woman besides my wife and she knows it.

Rockntractor
09-04-2009, 11:06 PM
OH yes you can. I've had more than my fill of whoring around. I've no interest in any woman besides my wife and she knows it.
I meant when I was single. That was what I lived for!

Shannon
09-04-2009, 11:07 PM

A single man lived for whoring around? I'm shocked!

PoliCon
09-04-2009, 11:09 PM

When I finally realized why I was whoring around - I went celibate for several years. The first time I touched my wife in any way that was remotely sexual (kissing aside) was our honeymoon.

Rockntractor
09-04-2009, 11:11 PM
When I finally realized why I was whoring around - I went celibate for several years. The first time I touched my wife in any way that was remotely sexual (kissing aside) was our honeymoon.

I bet your hand wasn't celibate!

Rockntractor
09-04-2009, 11:11 PM
A single man lived for whoring around? I'm shocked!

Yeah I know unusual huh!

PoliCon
09-04-2009, 11:25 PM
I bet your hand wasn't celibate!

You'd lose that bet. :p Once I realized that I was chasing after something I lost and was trying to prove to myself and the world - and that I didn't need to - I was okay with going celibate for a while. Was a good thing too - Nothing like a little fasting to help recover an apatite! :D