PDA

View Full Version : I'm livid. My sons' school has caved in to the wing nuts!

aka:PBS
09-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Kceres (348 posts) Thu Sep-03-09 09:12 PM
Original message
I'm livid. My sons' school has caved in to the wing nuts!
Advertisements [?]I received an e-mail message from the school telling me that "due to the controversy" over the President's talk Tuesday, the broadcast will only be available to middle and high-school students during lunch in the Auditeria (an alternative lunchroom and theater) during the students' lunch periods. Elementary students won't get a chance to see it at all because "that should be up to the parents."

I e-mailed the administrator back and asked why on earth should our President's message about making good grades and studying hard should be controversial; please fill me in.

Un-friggin-believable.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=8624923&mesg_id=8624923

Can anyone notice a pattern here?

grantcart (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-03-09 09:20 PM
Response to Original message
14. Please call the superintendent and tell him that you think he is a racist
if enough people do it it will sting.

HopeOverFear (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-03-09 09:28 PM
22. IT'S BECAUSE HE'S BLACK.
There I said it.

msongs (1000+ posts) Thu Sep-03-09 09:31 PM
26. cowardly weak dems are afraid to stand up to the white racist republicans LOLOLOLOLOl nt

they are going to end up over playing the race card and it will backfire on them

ralph wiggum
09-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Had DU existed in 1991, they would be bitching to high heaven that President Bush made a national address like this.

This racist crap is really getting old. If some idiot ever calls me a racist for opposing 0bama's policies, I will punch them in the nose. And I'm one of the most mild-mannered people you will ever meet.

stsinner
09-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Had DU existed in 1991, they would be bitching to high heaven that President Bush made a national address like this.

Proof?

ralph wiggum
09-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Proof?

That Bush made a similar speech or that the DUmmies would be pissed? :confused:

SarasotaRepub
09-04-2009, 05:28 PM

This racist crap is really getting old. If some idiot ever calls me a racist for opposing 0bama's policies, I will punch them in the nose. And I'm one of the most mild-mannered people you will ever meet.

You're also CU's hotest chick Ralph, now don't go acting all unlady like.
We leave that for Moon. :D

Seems all the far Lefties are going for the mindless "racist" rant. Ya know
what? Let them. The simple fact is people don't want this health care
plan and they're getting tired of Fearless Leader's voice. Sorry DUmmies
but you don't always get what you want. Morons.

bijou
09-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Proof?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/09/03/flashback-1991-gephardt-called-bushs-speech-students-paid-political-a

I think Ralphie's on a safe bet there. :D

ralph wiggum
09-04-2009, 05:45 PM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/09/03/flashback-1991-gephardt-called-bushs-speech-students-paid-political-a

Thanks for having my back, bijou. :cool:

Was going to look for the article, but you beat me to it.

FDK
09-04-2009, 09:15 PM

That's gonna leave a mark!:D

BSR
09-04-2009, 09:17 PM

haha...:D

Dan D. Doty
09-04-2009, 09:24 PM

Sar, as we speak, Moonbat across the nation are cursing your name and trying to figure out a way to get you out of their heads :D

NJCardFan
09-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Thanks for having my back, bijou. :cool:

Was going to look for the article, but you beat me to it.
Shouldn't your avatar be this:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/wiggum.jpg
or this:
http://www.anvari.org/db/cols/The_Simpsons_Characters_Picture_Gallery/Ralph_Wiggum.gif
or this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NepJ0LrRrLU/SB3VS7LyNdI/AAAAAAAAACg/YsO5E8UESOg/s320/150px-Ralph_Wiggum.jpg

movie buff
09-05-2009, 08:51 AM
My mother is an elementary school teacher, and made a good point on the issue:
The issue is not the video itself, since its content is harmless and has a good message; The issue is the included lesson plan that teachers would have had to give to their class after watching the video, which had some potentially problematic questions and assignments (i.e. One question on the lesson plan was something like, "Ask kids to write down what they can do to help the President," in contrast to asking something more appropriate like for instance "Ask kids to write down what they can do to help their country.").
My mom mentioned last night that our school board came up with a pretty good compromise decision on the matter:
The video will not be shown in classrooms. However, it will be available on the school's website, so parents can watch it with their children and talk about it with their children afterwards.

I'd say that's a fair compromise, but DU would undoubtedly accuse every school board member and every teacher opposed to airing the video in class of being racists whose opposition is centered entirely around Obama's race and nothing else.

BadCat
09-05-2009, 10:52 AM
The school my wife works at came out with their "decree" on the speech yesterday.

IT WILL NOT BE SHOWN.

Suck on it, DUmmies.

jinxmchue
09-05-2009, 11:20 AM
You can bet a lot of conservatives will be closely monitoring Obama's speech to students and will raise a royal stink over anything that is questionable.

Elspeth
09-05-2009, 04:14 PM
You can bet a lot of conservatives will be closely monitoring Obama's speech to students and will raise a royal stink over anything that is questionable.

We should have our own thread to take the speech apart.

AmPat
09-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I e-mailed the administrator back and asked why on earth should our President's message about making good grades and studying hard should be controversial; please fill me in. Did the Vast Left Wing Conspiracy release the transcripts to their operatives? How can this DUmmy know the contents of the speech? I think it is creepy of this guy to do this without precedent or permission. If he makes a non-partisan appeal to better themselves, fine. Do it on prime time and I'll sit there WITH me kids and analyze the speech.
Somebody needs to remind him he was elected President, not Potentate.:mad:

stsinner
09-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Did the Vast Left Wing Conspiracy release the transcripts to their operatives? How can this DUmmy know the contents of the speech?

Every speech the President gives is available before he gives it....

AmPat
09-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Every speech the President gives is available before he gives it....

Aparently not this one.; One of the points right wing talk shows was making was exactly that, they did not know the contents of the speech.