PDA

View Full Version : Halfway Tuesday

SarasotaRepub
07-15-2008, 07:46 AM
It's the 15th so July is half gone and August is a commin!

It's 66 here at the moment but it's supposed to be in the 90's later and getting more humid.

TOTD: Any big summer vacations coming up? Now, more coffee...:D

LibraryLady
07-15-2008, 07:51 AM
64 right now but supposed to hit mid 90's later today.

TOTD: lots of discussion but no concrete plans. Possibly an AMTRAK trip to Montana. Anyone have suggestions or comments about AMTRAK?
Other than that, maybe a car trip to Dallas or Houston to visit family.

dullsville.:(

DarkScribe
07-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Very cloudy and muggy this morning...and should be off and on thunderstorms throughout the day...

TOTD: Not this summer, no. Although the Brat has had a pretty good summer so far. Got to hang out with his grandparents in Georgia and get spoiled...and he's hardly been home here since, spending the night at a friend's house practically every night, going to the beach, etc etc.

linda22003
07-15-2008, 08:15 AM
So it's like a second honeymoon for you and Shannon. :D

DarkScribe
07-15-2008, 08:19 AM
So it's like a second honeymoon for you and Shannon. :D

Yes...yes it is! :p Actually I like having him around to harass occasionally. And to mow the back yard for me, pull weeds. :cool:

Shannon
07-15-2008, 09:32 AM
It poured here last night. It's still gloomy this morning.

TOTD: The answer is the same as it was the last time this was the TOTD.

BSR
07-15-2008, 09:55 AM
There has been this bright and hot ball hovering over Seattle for a few days now. We thought at first it was Bill Gate's awesomeness reaching critical mass, but I made a few calls to some neighboring states and aparently its called "The Sun", and its been their for quite along time.

TOTD: The wife and I are taking the boy to Long Beach, WA. for a week. We rented a house right on the beach and we are just going to relax with no email, iPone, work laptops, ect. Just get lost for a week.

BSR
07-15-2008, 09:57 AM

She's just a peach, isnt she ladies and gentlemen? :rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
She's just a peach, isnt she ladies and gentlemen? :rolleyes:
Leona Helmsley left her the title "Queen of Mean". I'm sure Shannon would have preferred being included in the will with the pooch. But I'm sure the Meanie title at CU must be worth something. Or maybe not. :p

LogansPapa
07-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Perfect day here this morning - 75 - cloudless - no wind. But thereís no waves - so Iím working. :(

TOTD: "26 miles across the sea" is it for my folks. Not worth the effort and expense to go anywhere else.

jendf
07-15-2008, 11:16 AM

Ha! That's so funny. I was thinking, "Didn't I tell everyone my plans already?" I just wasn't going to be quite as rude about it. :p

In two weeks, I'm going to Las Vegas to party like I'm not really turning 30 in a little over a month. I might also head up north to Prescott or Flagstaff or a weekender.

asdf2231
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
TOTD

A few camping trips and some waterpark excursions.

Our trip to PA got canceled.

Close to home for us this summer.

Shannon
07-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh dear lord. Help me. I've been on the phone with someone for 40 minutes. She won't shut up.:eek:

movie buff
07-15-2008, 05:21 PM
TOTD: Sunday, I'll be going on a 2- week trip to Canada, like my family does every summer.

SarasotaRepub
07-15-2008, 07:26 PM
It poured here last night. It's still gloomy this morning.

Everyone is a critic. :mad::p Hey, it was early. :D

jendf
07-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Oh dear lord. Help me. I've been on the phone with someone for 40 minutes. She won't shut up.:eek:

Just tell Philly you have to go. She'll get over it.