PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Foods to Sneak into the Movies

megimoo
09-05-2009, 09:43 PM
There's nothing like the combined pleasure of gazing at Channing Tatum's face on the big screen, filling your belly with treats and silently protesting a $10 ticket price.

Such are the joys of sneaking food into the movie theater. Just remember that if you undertake this mission, don't pack anything that will overpower the stench of theater chilidogs, or anything that needs utensils.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2009/09/top_5_movie_foods.php

NJCardFan
09-06-2009, 12:53 AM
One day the wife and I went to the movies. Twilight show so it was $7 instead of $10. So, that was $14. Then we were stupid enough to get 2 medium popcorns(because she likes the butter and I don't) and 2 medium sodas. Cost? $21. We could have gone to lunch for that. So now we sneak shit in. My wife carries her big bag and we stop at the Dollar store for candy and soda. But I've snuck hoagies into movies before. On the flip side, one night we went to the drive in(still one open in NJ) and we ate at their concession stand. First, though, it cost us $16 for the movies. Yes, that's movies. 2(Transformers and Eddie Murphy's latest). Now, at their concession stand, we got a burger and chilli fries each and 2 large sodas. Cost? $12. But it was a meal and not popcorn. The only drawback is that it rained and it was a long night.

Bubba Dawg
09-06-2009, 12:05 PM
We share a popcorn and each get a soda if we're going to buy something. We like to go to matinees so we usually eat lunch before we go and get a full meal for basically the equivalent of what we would spend at the moview for snacks.

We go to The Tiger Drive in Tiger Georgia. Great place. We usually hit the drive thru on the way and have a cooler full of drinks. We take our folding chairs sometimes and sit in open airlistening to the sound on a portable radio.

I love Drive Ins.

megimoo
09-06-2009, 12:09 PM
We share a popcorn and each get a soda if we're going to buy something. We like to go to matinees so we usually eat lunch before we go and get a full meal for basically the equivalent of what we would spend at the moview for snacks.

We go to The Tiger Drive in Tiger Georgia. Great place. We usually hit the drive thru on the way and have a cooler full of drinks. We take our folding chairs sometimes and sit in open airlistening to the sound on a portable radio.

I love Drive Ins.The Old 'Passion Pit '!Back in the days with three in the trunk and two in the car !

NJCardFan
09-06-2009, 12:14 PM
If you bring food into our drive in they make you but a food permit. Funny thing is that as long as you keep it hidden and don't let them see it, you're cool because they don't actually go around searching cars.

Bubba Dawg
09-06-2009, 12:30 PM
If you bring food into our drive in they make you but a food permit. Funny thing is that as long as you keep it hidden and don't let them see it, you're cool because they don't actually go around searching cars.

We just cover it up and eat in the car. They never ask or look anyway.

Zathras
09-06-2009, 01:09 PM

I love Drive Ins.

Yeah, drive-ins are great. Unfortunantly around here they're a dying breed, with only one in the entire south Bay Area that I know of.

Speedy
09-06-2009, 01:22 PM
When Yvette and I were still together we used to by a large popcorn and two sodas. In her bag we would have a large assortment of chocolate covered peanuts, almonds, M&Ms and a couple of 20 oz sodas to refill our cups.

stsinner
09-06-2009, 02:00 PM
How could beef jerky not make this list??

Ditch the crappy Japanese rice cakes and take in a family sized bag of teriyaki beef jerky from Wal Mart!

PoliCon
09-06-2009, 03:38 PM
When Yvette and I were still together we used to by a large popcorn and two sodas. In her bag we would have a large assortment of chocolate covered peanuts, almonds, M&Ms and a couple of 20 oz sodas to refill our cups.

my local theatre has free refills on their large drinks and popcorns. Sure they're $6 each - but you can get the combo and get both for $10 . . . . You just have to have someone who's willing to go get the refills is all . . . .

Space Gravy
09-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Am I the only one who can go an hour and half or two hours without eating?

Speedy
09-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Am I the only one who can go an hour and half or two hours without eating?

What fun is THAT at a movie?

PoliCon
09-06-2009, 06:13 PM
What fun is THAT at a movie?

I'll bet that you don't even make out at a movie either do you. :p

Shannon
09-06-2009, 10:10 PM
I allow my son a bucket of popcorn but everything else I sneak in. I bust out the big purse and swing by 7-11 beforehand. I refuse to pay $5.00 for a bag of M&M's.