PDA

View Full Version : A proposal: Boycott Republicans.

aka:PBS
09-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Leftist Agitator (1000+ posts) Sun Sep-06-09 08:23 PM
Original message
A proposal: Boycott Republicans.
Advertisements [?]I don't mean just boycotting businesses who advertise on Faux, I don't mean just boycotting rightist owned businesses, I mean to suggest that we collectively boycott ALL Republicans on a personal level.

If there is a Republican in your life, refuse to conduct any economic transaction with them. In fact, if possible, do not speak to them at all. Let them know why you have broken off all contact, as your average Republican is too stupid to figure things out for him or herself.

If they want to let the crazies run their Party, that's fine. The Republicans are only about 30% of the population of this country, and the REAL crazies are even less than that. Let's see how they manage if the 40% or so of Democrats refuse to have anything to do with them. They can't run the country on their own, hell, even with the cooperation of the Democrats, they still couldn't run the country under Bush. If we collectively refuse to enable them, if we force them to realize that they need us more than we need them, they will either get their Party in order (which is doubtful) or they will cease to be relevant in the slightest.

Thoughts?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=6481514&mesg_id=6481514

WOW...........how old is this kid?

Sonnabend
09-07-2009, 07:57 AM
If there is a Republican in your life, refuse to conduct any economic transaction with them. In fact, if possible, do not speak to them at all. Let them know why you have broken off all contact, as your average Republican is too stupid to figure things out for him or herself.

Translation: Obey.

linda22003
09-07-2009, 08:50 AM
WOW...........how old is this kid?

I've seen posts over here that suggest eliminating "liberals" from one's life. How is this different? It's silly either way.

Lars1701a
09-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I've seen posts over here that suggest eliminating "liberals" from one's life. How is this different? It's silly either way.

I am eliminating liberals in a more permanent way.

SarasotaRepub
09-07-2009, 09:37 AM
I am eliminating liberals in a more permanent way.

**SIGH**

Lars, knock it off with posts like this...K?? :rolleyes:

Lars1701a
09-07-2009, 09:41 AM
**SIGH**

Lars, knock it off with posts like this...K?? :rolleyes:

Well I really do mean it. ;):p

FlaGator
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Well I really do mean it. ;):p

So does SR.

Lars1701a
09-07-2009, 10:57 AM
So does SR.

Well now that you put it that way it makes me not care even more :)

NJCardFan
09-07-2009, 12:45 PM
To be honest, this doesn't bother me in the least. I'm not a Republican but since I lose brain cells every time I talk to a liberal this would actually improve my life.

Teetop
09-07-2009, 01:22 PM
To be honest, this doesn't bother me in the least. I'm not a Republican but since I lose brain cells every time I talk to a liberal this would actually improve my life.

As it wouldn't bother me in the least either.

They would just give me a blank stare after I told them, "It's all good, I'm a conservative democrat anyways."

BSR
09-07-2009, 01:22 PM

proof? (besides Lars' idiotic statement)

AmPat
09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
proof? (besides Lars' idiotic statement)Beat me to it. I suppose Linda numbers aka, The spelin NAZI, could cherry-pick and find some evidence. Of course that would fail to establish the trend at CU that we see over at her sympathetic site (DU).

Lars1701a
09-07-2009, 03:43 PM
proof? (besides Lars' idiotic statement)

Hey BSR please do me a favor and go fuck yourself?

You can be added to the list.

linda22003
09-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I suppose Linda numbers aka, The spelin NAZI, could cherry-pick and find some evidence. Of course that would fail to establish the trend at CU that we see over at her sympathetic site (DU).

Of course I could. The highest compliment I can give CU on this is "it's not as bad as Free Republic". As to DU being "my sympathetic site", the only things I've ever seen from it are things CU'ers bring over here. Why that fascinates some of them, I don't know.

MrsSmith
09-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Of course I could. The highest compliment I can give CU on this is "it's not as bad as Free Republic". As to DU being "my sympathetic site", the only things I've ever seen from it are things CU'ers bring over here. Why that fascinates some of them, I don't know.

The DUmp is frequently hilarious. It's kind of like watching a bunch of spider monkeys fighting over bananas.

MrsSmith
09-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Leftist Agitator (1000+ posts) Sun Sep-06-09 08:23 PM
Original message
A proposal: Boycott Republicans.
Advertisements [?]I don't mean just boycotting businesses who advertise on Faux, I don't mean just boycotting rightist owned businesses, I mean to suggest that we collectively boycott ALL Republicans on a personal level.

If there is a Republican in your life, refuse to conduct any economic transaction with them.
I hope they go for this. They really don't need those pay checks...or those disability checks. All that money that's been paid by evil Rethuglicans...they should absolutely boycott it. :D:D

BSR
09-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey BSR please do me a favor and go fuck yourself?

You can be added to the list.

What list is that princess? :rolleyes:

on edit: Oh god.... Lars has me on a list.. What do I do? How did this happen to me? Where do I turn? Will the Batman help me?

Dan D. Doty
09-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Moonbats not talking to people outside the echo chamber; so how is this different then yesterday?

enslaved1
09-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Would that mean republicans could post on DU and be ignored instead of tombstoned?

Lars1701a
09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
What list is that princess? :rolleyes:

on edit: Oh god.... Lars has me on a list.. What do I do? How did this happen to me? Where do I turn? Will the Batman help me?

Listen cupcake I want you to look up the meaning of the word "black humor" and write me a 3000 word essay on it and turn it in to me by the end of the week.

MrsSmith
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Listen cupcake I want you to look up the meaning of the word "black humor" and write me a 3000 word essay on it and turn it in to me by the end of the week.

Isn't that racist? :eek::eek:

:D