PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy Tuesday.

Rockntractor
09-08-2009, 01:15 AM
A high of 90 today and the rain chances are over. I’m headed back over to the wicked witch of Broken Arrow again. I have two or three more days and I’m done over there.

TOTD: I’m in the mood for pizza I used to eat it often but now once every two weeks is good enough. I’ve been hooked on Greek pizza’s lately with feta cheese and artichoke hearts. I like most any pizza but I don’t want onions on them. What is your favorite pizza?

djones520
09-08-2009, 01:17 AM
TOTD: Papa Johns Thin Crust with Ham.

Zathras
09-08-2009, 01:53 AM
TOTD: Round Table's Italian Garlic Supreme with no tomatoes

Shannon
09-08-2009, 07:52 AM
I used to like pan crust pizza but now I'm leaning towards thin crust. I prefer Papa John's over the rest of the chains. As for store bought pizza, I love Stouffer's french bread pizza and Totino's. (Childhood favorites)

linda22003
09-08-2009, 07:58 AM
I don't eat pizza very often any more, but when I do I always like my father's old method of jazzing up a pizza - whatever's on it, crumbled blue cheese added to the top makes it better.

Shannon
09-08-2009, 08:01 AM
I don't eat pizza very often any more, but when I do I always like my father's old method of jazzing up a pizza - whatever's on it, crumbled blue cheese added to the top makes it better.

Ick.

linda22003
09-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Well, you have to like blue cheese. This may be where it breaks down, for you. :)

Shannon
09-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Well, you have to like blue cheese. This may be where it breaks down, for you. :)

You might be on to something.

Gingersnap
09-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Another gorgeous late summer day is on tap for us. Too bad this can't last all month.

TOTD: I don't eat pizza very often. Like Shannon, I have a weakness for those Stouffer's French Bread things. If I'm really busy, I might decant a Tombstone thin crust cheese pizza and put my own olives and mushrooms on it.

I like my own homemade pizza but it's kind of a pain to make.

BadCat
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
We have a great pizza place a few mile down the road (seven to be precise, but everything is seven miles from us).

It's run by genuine wops, and they make great pizzas. They have a "Meat Lovers" pizza I like to get.

Teetop
09-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Another sunny day in the panhandle, high around 90.

TOTD; Supreme from Broadway Bar & Pizza in Minneapolis! (http://www.yelp.com/biz/broadway-bar-and-pizza-minneapolis)

BSR
09-08-2009, 02:00 PM
pagliacci- large with extra cheese, pepperoni and mushrooms.. I would kill my own mother to get a slice, but I don't have too since they deliver..

aerojarod
09-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Going on 9 days w/o rain here, the longest stretch of the summer yet! *no jinx*

TOTD: I'm from Connecticut so I'm SUPPOSED to say it's a White Clam Pie from Frank Pepe's on Wooster Street in New Haven.

But my fav. is actually from Hometown Pizza in Wallingford... Pepperoni & Mushroom, please.

Also, check out Lombardi's in New York City... Spring Street down in Little Italy/China Town.
First pizzaria on the island... still using coal fired brick ovens... ANYTHING there is fantastic!!

jendf
09-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Local joint: Sardella's hand-tossed cheese pizza...NOTHING BETTER!

Chain: Papa Johns

Frozen: California Pizza Kitchen Thin Crust, White Pizza or Margherita Pizza

Shannon
09-08-2009, 07:44 PM
or Margherita Pizza

WTH is that?

Rockntractor
09-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Has anyone been to Savastano's Pizzeria and Restaurant Chicago Style. They have deap dish pizzas that are amazing. They make their own Italian sausage.

BadCat
09-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Has anyone been to Savastano's Pizzeria and Restaurant Chicago Style. They have deap dish pizzas that are amazing. They make their own Italian sausage.

Where is it?

There used to be a place near the capitol building in Denver, called BeauJo's.
They had a honey wheat crust with cheese baked into it. Good stuff.

Wonder if Ginger knows if it's still there?

Rockntractor
09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Where is it?

They are based in chicago but they are not a very big chain. They have had a store in tulsa about 5 years. It is one ass kicking pizza!

Eagle
09-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Going on 9 days w/o rain here, the longest stretch of the summer yet! *no jinx*

TOTD: I'm from Connecticut so I'm SUPPOSED to say it's a White Clam Pie from Frank Pepe's on Wooster Street in New Haven.

But my fav. is actually from Hometown Pizza in Wallingford... Pepperoni & Mushroom, please.

Also, check out Lombardi's in New York City... Spring Street down in Little Italy/China Town.
First pizzaria on the island... still using coal fired brick ovens... ANYTHING there is fantastic!!

Pepe's is ok but New Haven is a pain to goto and wait for one. Living a little east of New Haven there are two places that have just as good if not better than Pepe's. There's Bobby's Apizza on Rt. 80 in North Branford or Marco Pizzeria on East Main St. in Branford. There are at least fifty or more pizza places in the area but in my opinion these two stand out.

Bubba Dawg
09-08-2009, 08:42 PM
When I lived in Jacksonville I used to love to eat Chicago style pizza at a place called The Loop.

That's my favorite.

I also like the rising crust frozen pizzas.

Gingersnap
09-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Where is it?

Yep, still there and a few other places out here.

jendf
09-09-2009, 01:16 PM
WTH is that?

It's heaven. (http://frozen.cpk.com/FO-margherita.html)