PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Get Rolled...And Deservedly So

patriot45
09-08-2009, 10:13 AM
From Boortz! (http://townhall.com/columnists/NealBoortz/2009/09/08/republicans_get_rolledand_deservedly_so)

He's right we stepped in it! Ooops.

Today at noon Barack Obama addresses the nation’s schoolchildren .. or a good number of them anyway. Many students won’t hear the speech because of a rather severe miscalculation from the right. Republican screaming and wailing made it sound as if Hugo Chavez was flying in via Aeroflot to speak to our poor, innocent, unsuspecting angels. School districts reacted … and millions of school kids will sit around picking their noses at noon instead of watching the speech.

So now the speech is out. As of yesterday afternoon you could read it on the Internet. I’ve read it, and if there is anything in there that I wouldn’t want my child to have heard from a U.S. President, I certainly couldn’t find it.

Egad! The speech is innocuous! What are we going to do now? I know! We’ll all claim that Obama changed the speech after the uproar from the right! Well, duhhhhhh. Of course he did! Why wouldn’t he! Well, actually he really didn’t have to change it. It probably wasn’t written by the time conservative boxers bunched up en masse. So Obama’s speechwriters took their cue from the right and made the speech essentially bulletproof from the get-go. One sharp mind in a Republican strategy session could have seen this one coming from the next galaxy.

President says he will give speech to schoolchildren.

Republicans say the speech will be full of leftist propaganda

Parents run in circles flailing arms overhead while screaming and shouting.

Some school officials black out Obama’s speech. (racist comment)

Grinning speechwriters prepare speech with no leftist propaganda.

continued (http://townhall.com/columnists/NealBoortz/2009/09/08/republicans_get_rolledand_deservedly_so?page=2)

MrsSmith
09-08-2009, 10:24 AM
http://www.ed.gov/teachers/how/lessons/prek-6.pdf

http://www.ed.gov/teachers/how/lessons/7-12.pdf

It's even worse when Republicans are too lazy to look at the real problem with "the speech."

Just imagine YOUR kid stuck with a liberal teacher like greenbriar or proud2BlibKansan. Even those ignorant whackos could take these lesson plans and nail a conservative kid to the wall with them.
:mad::mad:

Lars1701a
09-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I see nothing wrong with our reaction, you have to keep them on their toes.

I will bet that the speech he is giving today was not the one he originally wanted to give, not to mention the lesion plan they wanted the teachers to follow.

BadCat
09-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Actually I could care less about the speech.

The government provided "educational worksheet" that comes with it is the problem.

djones520
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
If anyone believes that the speech to be given is anything at all to what it was going to be before the outrage got out, then I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell them.

Let us not forget out politically savvy Obama can usually be. He took a huge misfire, and managed to scrap something together at the last minute to make it kinda look bad on those who called him on it.

jinxmchue
09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
The reaction isn't anywhere near how liberals would've reacted had President Bush done this.

linda22003
09-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Let us not forget out politically savvy Obama can usually be. He took a huge misfire

That's his reputation, but I don't know that it's true. He's done all sorts of things that denote a "tin ear" in politics, not realizing how something is going to sound. When he's called on something, he retreats. He always seems surprised by it, and that's not the mark of a seasoned politician. He's taken by surprise way too often, and that was my biggest concern about him from the beginning - the complete lack of experience playing in the big leagues.

Gingersnap
09-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm highly amused. Out here the talkers are using his school kid speech to point out what a lying, manipulative SOB he is (their focus - not mine). Apparently he claims that his father left his mother and it's hard to be raised by a single mom, blah, blah. The talkers are pointing out that his mother left the state almost instantly upon giving birth and that he had no "family" to be broken since his parents never lived together.

It goes on from there as you might imagine.

stsinner
09-08-2009, 11:59 AM
The message may be innocent enough (now), but I will continue to teach my children that the man is a liar and doesn't deserve to occupy the office.. It's one thing to respect the office, but it's quite another to respect the man in the suit.. I don't respect him, and he's too shady, has made the stupidest appointments, and I simply don't trust him.. It's for these reasons that my son won't be watching his speech, no matter how innocuous or bland.. There's absolutely no reason he needs to address the students at my son's school.. Now the Detroit schools or somewhere like that, yeah, they need to hear their hero telling them to behave.

BSR
09-08-2009, 01:38 PM
The message may be innocent enough (now), but I will continue to teach my children that the man is a liar and doesn't deserve to occupy the office.. It's one thing to respect the office, but it's quite another to respect the man in the suit.. I don't respect him, and he's too shady, has made the stupidest appointments, and I simply don't trust him.. It's for these reasons that my son won't be watching his speech, no matter how innocuous or bland.. There's absolutely no reason he needs to address the students at my son's school.. Now the Detroit schools or somewhere like that, yeah, they need to hear their hero telling them to behave.

Let your kids be kids.. They shouldn't have to worry about Left versus Right, Liberal versus Conservative until they are able to vote...

I agree that he has no business addressing kids across the nation. But let your kids worry about Spongebob and Christmas rather than Obama..

AmPat
09-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Here's where I want to always be sure that I disagree with the man and his ideas logically and not viscerally. I have the same reaction to O Blah Blah but it is because of his record of lies that are documented. I dislike him because his ideology is dangerous to the well being of my country.