PDA

View Full Version : Why Women Really Have Sex

megimoo
09-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Secret's out: Why Women Really Have Sex

* Women reveal why they really have sex
* 84pc do it 'for a quiet life'
* 'I hoped he would put the rubbish out'

FOR every woman expecting the earth to move, there are two with more practical motives.
From relieving boredom, to keeping the peace or curing a headache, women have sex for many reasons but romance and passion come rather low on the list, a new book has revealed.
One woman even admitted to having sex just so her husband would put the rubbish out.
"Research has shown most men find most women at least somewhat sexually attractive, whereas most women do not find most men sexually attractive at all," Why Women Have Sex authors Cindy Meston and David Buss said.
Having apparently discounted physical attraction, the 1000 women interviewed by the Texas University professors gave a huge range of reasons for sleeping with a man.
One said she did it for a spiritual experience, proclaiming: "It's the closest thing to God."
But mostly the explanations were far more mundane, with 84 per cent admitting to having sex just to ensure a quiet life or to bargain for household chores. One woman said: "I have sex to relieve the boredom because it's easier than fighting. Plus it gives me something to do."
While it may not come as welcome news, some women have sex out of sympathy, with one admitting: "I slept with a couple of guys because I felt sorry for them."

But many have more selfish motives, with financial or material rewards a major factor.
In one survey of students, nearly one in 10 women admitted to "having sex for presents". Others said: "He bought me a nice dinner", "he spent a lot of money on me early on", "he showed me he had an extravagant lifestyle".
And rather than love or romance, for many women sex is just about fun.
"Life is too damn short to be waiting four years to have sex again," one said.
snip

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26041735-36398,00.html

Gingersnap
09-08-2009, 05:30 PM
I can believe it. Quite a few women of my acquaintance essentially view sex as something else on their "To Do" lists. This has nothing to do with their husbands' performance or sexual talent. They just don't find orgasm to be as fulfilling as finally figuring out the carpool schedule. It's isn't personal or anything.

Since I don't carpool, I have to fall back on sex at my house.

megimoo
09-08-2009, 07:23 PM
I can believe it. Quite a few women of my acquaintance essentially view sex as something else on their "To Do" lists. This has nothing to do with their husbands' performance or sexual talent. They just don't find orgasm to be as fulfilling as finally figuring out the carpool schedule. It's isn't personal or anything.

Who puts the rubbish out ?

BSR
09-08-2009, 08:11 PM

The men... Apparently women use sex as a bargaining chip to get things they want.

Shannon
09-08-2009, 08:18 PM
The men... Apparently women use sex as a bargaining chip to get things they want.

My husband does his chores because it's easier than listening to me bitch.:p

BSR
09-08-2009, 08:20 PM

Well, there is that too.. :D

BadCat
09-08-2009, 08:24 PM

I didn't think it was because he actually wanted to have sex with you.

megimoo
09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I didn't think it was because he actually wanted to have sex with you.Stand by for incoming !

megimoo
09-08-2009, 08:43 PM
The men... Apparently women use sex as a bargaining chip to get things they want. So the old adage is true after all .The best bet is to negotiate and set sexual benchmarks .Cut to the basic business deal with no begging or whining .

How many spots of heavy breathing do I receive for a brand new car ?What will you give me for a trip to Europe and when do I get it ?What will you give me for an extended line of credit at an expensive and upscale shoe emporium ?

Shannon
09-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Stand by for incoming !

Not so much.:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
09-08-2009, 08:51 PM

Mostly me. I don't want stinky trash in the kitchen so I deal with it. I don't personally use sex to negotiate chores. It sounds like a charming idea for 8 year olds.

Bubba Dawg
09-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Mostly me. I don't want stinky trash in the kitchen so I deal with it. I don't personally use sex to negotiate chores. It sounds like a charming idea for 8 year olds.

But.....it works for....me. :o

megimoo
09-08-2009, 09:06 PM
But.....it works for....me. :oYou're easy Buba !

Bubba Dawg
09-08-2009, 09:07 PM
You're easy Buba !

Yeah, but I ain't cheap, Sweetcakes. :D

Gingersnap
09-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, but I ain't cheap, Sweetcakes. :D

LOL! What? In Happy Meal coupons?

Bubba Dawg
09-08-2009, 09:15 PM
LOL! What? In Happy Meal coupons?

Hey, don't underestimate the value of Happy Meals. The little toy thingee. And you can get chocolate milk.

BadCat
09-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Chicks get horny just like guys do.

On any given weekend night, MILLIONS of them hit the bars looking for sex.

megimoo
09-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Chicks get horny just like guys do.

On any given weekend night, MILLIONS of them hit the bars looking for sex.And AIDS,Genital herpes,Human papilloma virus/ Genital warts Hepatitis B,Chlamydia,Syphilis,
Gonorrhea And now due to the close proximity and breathing in your face H1N1 .

BadCat
09-09-2009, 10:13 AM
And AIDS,Genital herpes,Human papilloma virus/ Genital warts Hepatitis B,Chlamydia,Syphilis,
Gonorrhea And now due to the close proximity and breathing in your face H1N1 .

Doesn't slow them down a bit.

MountainMan
09-09-2009, 11:01 AM

So the old adage is true after all .The best bet is to negotiate and set sexual benchmarks .Cut to the basic business deal with no begging or whining .

How many spots of heavy breathing do I receive for a brand new car ?What will you give me for a trip to Europe and when do I get it ?What will you give me for an extended line of credit at an expensive and upscale shoe emporium ?

Exchanging gifts for sex....... Personally I wonder how many of those interviewed make the connection that what they really are is a variation of the old style street walker...... :D

megimoo
09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Exchanging gifts for sex....... Personally I wonder how many of those interviewed make the connection that what they really are is a variation of the old style street walker...... :DThat's been noted many times before.

linda22003
09-09-2009, 09:14 PM
An oldie but goodie, probably my favorite Onion article....

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30017
"Housewife Charged in Sex for Security Scam"