PDA

View Full Version : Did I hear Obama right?

DukeNukem
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Hello everyone I'm new here, and I just got done watching Obama's speech and one part seemed strange to me. He said he would require people to get healthcare, aka he supports an individual mandate. That seems to be a flip flop from what he campaigned on. What about people who can't afford healthcare? I work with the homeless and I know most of them, except for the disabled on social security, don't have any form of health care. Will Obama's plan of having an individual mandate, require them to get healthcare that they cannot afford, or pay a fine? What good is it to tax the homeless for not being able to afford healthcare? :confused:

BadCat
09-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Hello everyone I'm new here, and I just got done watching Obama's speech and one part seemed strange to me. He said he would require people to get healthcare, aka he supports an individual mandate. That seems to be a flip flop from what he campaigned on. What about people who can't afford healthcare? I work with the homeless and I know most of them, except for the disabled on social security, don't have any form of health care. Will Obama's plan of having an individual mandate, require them to get healthcare that they cannot afford, or pay a fine? What good is it to tax the homeless for not being able to afford healthcare? :confused:

They're gonna get "tax credits" (ie. FREE MONEY - courtesy of US) to pay for their health insurance.

Suit&Tie
09-09-2009, 09:28 PM
What's your name on SoxTalk?

Bubba Dawg
09-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Hello. Welcome.

My recollection is that he had some kind of language about individuals and businesses who would be exempted or subsidized in some way.

I don't remember exactly but a text should be available soon if not already. .

BadCat
09-09-2009, 09:31 PM
What's your name on SoxTalk?

You still steal images from there, Jappy?

Suit&Tie
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
DukeNukeEm is my name on ST, I think I've namedropped some CU insanity there. Not really "stealing" either, public domain.

BadCat
09-09-2009, 09:38 PM
DukeNukeEm is my name on ST, I think I've namedropped some CU insanity there. Not really "stealing" either, public domain.

You're just begging to get banned again, aren't you?
How many times has it been now? 4? 5?

Elspeth
09-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah you heard Oblahblah right. :(

BadCat
09-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah you heard Oblahblah right. :(

Uh huh, just more of that distribution of wealth.

Zathras
09-10-2009, 12:08 AM
You're just begging to get banned again, aren't you?
How many times has it been now? 4? 5?

Should be one more time for The Obumbler's cultist.

NJCardFan
09-10-2009, 01:15 AM

You know, you're like a toddler with a rattle but not as cute and thrice as annoying. Go away you career troll.