PDA

View Full Version : Remastered Beatles Box Set - Sold Out

BadCat
09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
One after 909.

Amazon.com is out of the new remastered Stereo Beatles box sets...already.

Says they are expecting more in 4-6 weeks.

Still great sellers after all these years.

Rockntractor
09-10-2009, 06:45 PM
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Remastered+Beatles+Box+Set&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

BadCat
09-10-2009, 06:51 PM
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Remastered+Beatles+Box+Set&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Damn.
Amazon was selling it for $180.

Suit&Tie
09-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Now we know why the record companies are dead in the water. You remaster the Beatles and dont make enough to last more than a couple of days?

I am pretty excited to hear the mono mixes of these songs.

Rockntractor
09-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Now we know why the record companies are dead in the water. You remaster the Beatles and dont make enough to last more than a couple of days?

I am pretty excited to hear the mono mixes of these songs.

I saw those for sale. Why would you want mono?

Suit&Tie
09-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I saw those for sale. Why would you want mono?

Well maybe not as much for the Magical Mystery Tour or Revolver stuff where songs like Tomorrow Never Knows or Strawberry Fields Forever would get all cluttered up. But Rubber Soul and prior has plenty of songs that treat stereo as a novelty instead of a serious tool to make the music better.

JB
09-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Still great sellers after all these years.Ginger thinks their music won't last another 5 years. Maybe it was 10.

Shannon
09-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Ginger thinks their music won't last another 5 years. Maybe it was 10.

My kid and all of his friends love The Beatles. Yeah, they only have ten more years of staying power left for sure.

JB
09-10-2009, 08:55 PM
My kid and all of his friends love The Beatles. Yeah, they only have ten more years of staying power left for sure.She thinks muzak or some other weirdo music will have a longer life. She's a crazy person.

PoliCon
09-10-2009, 09:02 PM
$180??? Down load it off bittorrent for free! sheesh.

BadCat
09-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Well maybe not as much for the Magical Mystery Tour or Revolver stuff where songs like Tomorrow Never Knows or Strawberry Fields Forever would get all cluttered up. But Rubber Soul and prior has plenty of songs that treat stereo as a novelty instead of a serious tool to make the music better.

Right smart guy.
All the Beatles albums were released in mono. EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Bubba Dawg
09-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Muzak. I remember the first Dylan song I heard in Muzak. Creeped me out.

Rockntractor
09-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Right smart guy.
All the Beatles albums were released in mono. EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Even the white album?

BadCat
09-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Even the white album?

Yep. They never recorded an album in stereo.

Suit&Tie
09-11-2009, 01:29 AM
BadCat has never actually listened to a Beatles album. That or he doesn't know what stereo is.

Rockntractor
09-11-2009, 01:39 AM
http://www.beatlescollecting.com/the-beatles/faqs/the-story-of-the-capitol-albums.html

Rockntractor
09-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Yep. They never recorded an album in stereo.
Actually it is a little more complicated than that. Go to the link in my post above and read that article. it would appear the releases were different in England than here.

BadCat
09-11-2009, 11:35 AM
BadCat has never actually listened to a Beatles album. That or he doesn't know what stereo is.

Save your meager pennies and go out and get a pair of good isolation headphones....listen to a Beatles album, the only thing "stereo" about them is that sound comes (usually) out of both channels.

noonwitch
09-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I have a good number of the Beatles' albums/ LPs, and nothing to play them on.

I bought some CDs, but I noticed they hadn't been remixed for CD and the sound quality is not what it could be, so I only bought a few, and figured I'd wait until MJ finally decided to get them remastered and released. I didn't think he'd have to die for it to happen, but I should have known the only way I'd be able to get them is to pay almost $200 for a boxed set.

I hope Paul finds a way to buy Northern Songs, LTD off of Jackson's estate. I hate to think Papa Joe is going to make any money off of this.