PDA

View Full Version : How long before we quit Afghanistan?

AlmostThere
09-11-2009, 04:30 AM
My guess is 180 days tops. Afghanistan is a much more difficult war than Iraq and the Dims had to be dragged kicking and screaming towards a successful conclusion in Iraq. I can hear it now, "We need the money for universal heath care, not fighting the Taliban". There ain't no way they're gonna let that war play out. And with the CIA's morale decimated, God help us.

FreeAmerican
09-11-2009, 09:26 AM
If our troops are pulled from Afghanistan prematurely we will be fighting that war over here soon after.

God bless the 2nd Amendment!

PoliCon
09-11-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm not so sure. I can see them instituting the draft before I see them pulling out . . . .

BadCat
09-11-2009, 11:41 AM
My guess is 180 days tops. Afghanistan is a much more difficult war than Iraq and the Dims had to be dragged kicking and screaming towards a successful conclusion in Iraq. I can hear it now, "We need the money for universal heath care, not fighting the Taliban". There ain't no way they're gonna let that war play out. And with the CIA's morale decimated, God help us.

What CIA?
Everybody I know who works there wants out.

If the defense contractors were hiring (and they're not), it would be a mass exodus.

AlmostThere
09-11-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm not so sure. I can see them instituting the draft before I see them pulling out . . . .
The only reason Rangel floated the idea of a draft for Iraq was to force Bush's hand. They hold all the cards now. They can just declare defeat and leave. Do you believe they are concerned with what Middle America wants or thinks? They don't need to manipulate Americans into turning against the war because they don't give a damn as to what Middle America wants.

PoliCon
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
The only reason Rangel floated the idea of a draft for Iraq was to force Bush's hand. They hold all the cards now. They can just declare defeat and leave. Do you believe they are concerned with what Middle America wants or thinks? They don't need to manipulate Americans into turning against the war because they don't give a damn as to what Middle America wants.

They held all the cards in the 1960s during the Vietnam war as well and instituted the draft then. They held all the cards in 1950 at the start of the Korean war - and instituted the draft. Same for WWII and WWI as well. IN FACT the only time the GOP instituted the draft was for the civil war.

AlmostThere
09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
They held all the cards in the 1960s during the Vietnam war as well and instituted the draft then. They held all the cards in 1950 at the start of the Korean war - and instituted the draft. Same for WWII and WWI as well. IN FACT the only time the GOP instituted the draft was for the civil war.

Besides the obvious, the 50's and 60's were a different time. Then there was at least the facade that the people were responsible for the government that governed them. Today that facade has been wiped away. Now government is responsible for the people it governs, or so they believe. With the government believing they are responsible for the people, that frees them to do whatever in the hell they want to do.

PoliCon
09-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Besides the obvious, the 50's and 60's were a different time. Then there was at least the facade that the people were responsible for the government that governed them. Today that facade has been wiped away. Now government is responsible for the people it governs, or so they believe. With the government believing they are responsible for the people, that frees them to do whatever in the hell they want to do.

right - which means they have even less of a reason not to institute a draft today than they did then.

Suit&Tie
09-11-2009, 06:14 PM
they don't give a damn as to what Middle America wants.

Thank. Fucking. God.

PoliCon
09-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Thank. Fucking. God.

Are you always such a bucketbiff or do you only act like one on special occasions?

Suit&Tie
09-11-2009, 06:20 PM
After George W. Bush catered to "Middle America" and effectively ran this country into the ground I couldn't be more pleased with the Obama Administration's attitude towards our lowliest citizens. Few things bring me more joy in politics than knowing middle American's have the smallest possible voice in the direction of this country.

PoliCon
09-11-2009, 06:22 PM
After George W. Bush catered to "Middle America" and effectively ran this country into the ground I couldn't be more pleased with the Obama Administration's attitude towards our lowliest citizens. Few things bring me more joy in politics than knowing middle American's have the smallest possible voice in the direction of this country.

Ran the country into the ground? He turned over a country with an economy than had actually grown despite MAJOR natural disasters and major terrorist attacks and you say that he ran the country into the ground? What planet do you come from - and more importantly - when the hell are they coming back to pick your stupid ass up?

BadCat
09-11-2009, 07:15 PM

And exactly what value do you and the rest the "lowliest citizens" provide to this country?

You're sponges, parasites, failures, wastes.

Why should you be coddled instead of eliminated?

AlmostThere
09-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Is that a poll question? The guy is an idiot whose only mission in life is to get a rise out of people who have absolutely no use for him. Seriously, he is so pathetic I actually feel sorry for the fool.

AlmostThere
09-11-2009, 09:38 PM
right - which means they have even less of a reason not to institute a draft today than they did then.
I'm not following you. I think the most liberal wing would be happy if we had no military whatsoever or at least one comparable to Grand Fenwick. Why would they want a draft? They can kill the military through legislation. They don't need young men pissed about having to serve in order to disarm us.

Sonnabend
09-11-2009, 10:24 PM
After George W. Bush catered to "Middle America" and effectively ran this country into the ground I couldn't be more pleased with the Obama Administration's attitude towards our lowliest citizens.

Like busing in SEIU thugs at town hall meetings? Like Black Panthers at poling stations?

Obama's ratings are in the toilet and all that's left is the flush.

Few things bring me more joy in politics than knowing middle American's have the smallest possible voice in the direction of this country.

There speaks the voice that "supports democracy" as long as its people who agree with him. ShitandTails is proof that the Dems care more for power and what their agenda is than the actual needs of their citizens.

Rockntractor
09-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Thank. Fucking. God.

Most people have more consideration for others on the board than to put words together that way. You may not believe in God but could you be kind enough to come back and edit this post for those of us that do?

gator
09-12-2009, 12:19 PM

Could you please explain how Bush ran this country into the gound? You do know that unemployment during his administaration was very low in spite of the 911 hit, don't you? You also know the stock market was at all time highs during most of his administration and that inflation was low, don't you?

I have lots of problem with the way that Bush increased the size of government, spent more money than he took in and failed to seal the borders. He also kissed the ass of entitlement weenies like Kennedy. I am courious as to how you are going to explain to me how Bush ran this country into the ground to see if it corresponds to my same concerns.

I also want to know if you are suggesting that everything is on a better track now. I am really looking forward to hearing that response.

stsinner
09-12-2009, 12:24 PM

I'm all for the draft.. Serving in the military makes most people appreciate our country and be a patriot, and there are far too many pieces of crap walking around in our country that don't love America.

Zathras
09-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Could you please explain how Bush ran this country into the gound? You do know that unemployment during his administaration was very low in spite of the 911 hit, don't you? You also know the stock market was at all time highs during most of his administration and that inflation was low, don't you?

I have lots of problem with the way that Bush increased the size of government, spent more money than he took in and failed to seal the borders. He also kissed the ass of entitlement weenies like Kennedy. I am courious as to how you are going to explain to me how Bush ran this country into the ground to see if it corresponds to my same concerns.

I also want to know if you are suggesting that everything is on a better track now. I am really looking forward to hearing that response.

You actually expect an answer from this waste of skin? He started the lamest call out in the dome, then ran like a cockroach when the lights come on when people challenged him. I wouldn't expect anything else from this piece of crap.

PoliCon
09-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm not following you. I think the most liberal wing would be happy if we had no military whatsoever or at least one comparable to Grand Fenwick. Why would they want a draft? They can kill the military through legislation. They don't need young men pissed about having to serve in order to disarm us.

Was a draft what the average democrat in the 1960s wanted? nope. But the dem leadership went for a draft because it was once again another layer of control they could exercise over the American people. Do you really think the dem elite are that much different today? Just look at health care - the vast majority of Americans are whole heartedly against the 'public option' and yet the dem leadership are hell bent on that plan because of the control it would give them.

AlmostThere
09-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Rahm is talking about 3 months compulsory service by young people. There's your control. IMHO the Dems would not use a military draft as a control mechanism. On the whole they have total disdain for the military and see national defense as a waste of money. How are the Dems in Congress going to keep their hard left base from revolting when people start getting drafted to serve in the military? Sorry, but I think pigs will fly before this Congress controlled by the Dems and Obama institute a draft. I'd bet serious money and give good odds and I'm not a gambling man.

AmPat
09-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Thank. Fucking. God.

One day, and I hope I never see it, you are going to wake up to the utopia that you believe the Libidiots in charge now can deliver. If and when that terrible day happens, you will beg the real Americans to fight to win this country back.