PDA

View Full Version : Government Motors offers money back guarantee.

BadCat
09-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Idiots.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.0d06e1dc86dd2fd47e6331fdf742f20 c.7d1&show_article=1

So, you can "buy" a government motors car, drive it for 59 days, and providing you didn't put over 4000 miles on it, bring it back for any reason and get your full purchase price + taxes back?

They should call it "FREE GOVERNMENT CAR FOR 59 DAYS".

PoliCon
09-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Idiots.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.0d06e1dc86dd2fd47e6331fdf742f20 c.7d1&show_article=1

So, you can "buy" a government motors car, drive it for 59 days, and providing you didn't put over 4000 miles on it, bring it back for any reason and get your full purchase price + taxes back?

They should call it "FREE GOVERNMENT CAR FOR 59 DAYS".

do this right and you could go for a year or more without having to make a car payment . . . .

Nubs
09-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Who fronts the money on the car for 60 days or more??? Dealers must be just pissed.

I sold a car!!!! but we don't clear the sale for at least 60 days and we don't see the check until 45 days after that. So I am fronting the entire cost of the car for a minimum of 105 days after the date of sale. This is gonna F-up their cash flow.

What about depreciation?? A car that sold for $40k, driven for 59 days, cannot be sold again at full retail value. At best, the dealer will have to eat $8k in depreciation.

Holy F!! Government Motors is stupid.

PoliCon
09-11-2009, 04:17 PM
They'll prolly do it like most of these gurantees - return to manufacturer not to retailer.

AHeneen
09-12-2009, 02:57 PM
They'll prolly do it like most of these gurantees - return to manufacturer not to retailer.

And then what? Roll down the odometer and replace the VIN #?

Rockntractor
09-12-2009, 03:10 PM
And then what? Roll down the odometer and replace the VIN #?

I'm sure we have several people in government that know how to do that now!

lacarnut
09-12-2009, 03:44 PM
With any offer like this there is always a catch such as very little off of sticker, higher interest rates and low ball trade ins.

stsinner
09-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Who fronts the money on the car for 60 days or more??? Dealers must be just pissed.

I sold a car!!!! but we don't clear the sale for at least 60 days and we don't see the check until 45 days after that. So I am fronting the entire cost of the car for a minimum of 105 days after the date of sale. This is gonna F-up their cash flow.

What about depreciation?? A car that sold for $40k, driven for 59 days, cannot be sold again at full retail value. At best, the dealer will have to eat $8k in depreciation.

Holy F!! Government Motors is stupid.

They could make them keep the dealer registration until the 60 days passes and then it can still be sold as new, just a dealer demos are.. It's it's never registered with a title, but instead a certificate of origin, it can still be sold as new at full new price.

But once it's registered it can only be sold again as a used car.

stsinner
09-12-2009, 04:30 PM
With any offer like this there is always a catch such as very little off of sticker, higher interest rates and low ball trade ins.

I never tell the dealership about my trade until we work out the deal. That pisses them off. I've walked right off a dealer's lot when they tried to do some fast talking when he learned about my trade.. They called me the next day and offered to do the deal the proper way.

RobJohnson
09-12-2009, 10:31 PM
I talked to a friend of mine that owns a dealership last weekend, he is still waiting to get paid for the clunkers. Over $200,000......