PDA

View Full Version : Cheater Meets 'The Judge'.

Gingersnap
09-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Cheater feels wife's wrath

Friday, September 11, 2009 By Jeff Adelson St. Tammany bureau
Fifteen years after having an affair, a St. Tammany Parish man finally decided to come clean.

But the fact that her husband's infidelity occurred a decade and a half ago did little to reduce Connie Davis' ire.

The woman pulled out a gun loaded with birdshot and fired five times at her husband, hitting him twice, as he ran across the yard of their home near Pearl River on Tuesday, authorities said.

The man, whose name was not released by the Sheriff's Office, ended up at a hospital. His wife landed in jail, booked with attempted murder.

The man admitted to an affair in the mid-1990s about 2 p.m. on Tuesday, sparking an argument with his wife, Sheriff's Office spokesman George Bonnett said Thursday. While in the yard of their home at 37447 Earl Bennett Road near Pearl River, Connie Davis pulled out a revolver chambered for .410-caliber shotgun shells, Bonnett said.

The gun, a model known as "The Judge," was loaded with birdshot, and Davis took aim at her husband and emptied all five of the weapon's chambers as he fled through the yard, Bonnett said. He was hit in the upper and lower back by two blasts before escaping, Bonnett said.

After retreating to safety, the husband realized he didn't have a cell phone on him, so he called into his workplace using a two-way radio and told co-workers his wife was trying to kill him, Bonnett said. The co-workers relayed the message to the Sheriff's Office.

Connie Davis had already left when deputies arrived and found her husband sitting in a swing in his front yard, Bonnett said. The man was taken to the Louisiana Heart Hospital, where he was treated for his injuries, which were not serious, and released, Bonnett said.

Deputies stopped Davis a short time later as she was driving on Gause Boulevard in Slidell and arrested her, Bonnett said. She had a shotgun shell in her pocket and the gun on the seat next to her, he said.

Davis, 53, was booked into the St. Tammany Parish jail in Covington with attempted second-degree murder, and she wore a smile on her face while being photographed by deputies. She was being held on a $75,000 bond.

"Pretty much any time you point a loaded gun at someone and pull the trigger, it's going to be attempted murder," Bonnett said.

This seems excessive to me but it does underscore the reason why confessions belong in church and not on the front porch.

Times Picayune (http://www.nola.com/timespic/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-2/125264717754580.xml&coll=1)

asdf2231
09-11-2009, 01:11 PM
This illustrates CLEARLY why the Taurus Judge is a suck-all choice for personal defence. Two hits from even a .38 would have dropped him. .410's suck.

Gingersnap
09-11-2009, 01:17 PM
This illustrates CLEARLY why the Taurus Judge is a suck-all choice for personal defence. Two hits from even a .38 would have dropped him. .410's suck.

To be fair, she was using bird shot. :D

BadCat
09-11-2009, 01:24 PM
To be fair, she was using bird shot. :D

Yeah, the Judge does shoot .45 LC or .410 slugs, either of which would have put him down rather well.

patriot45
09-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah, the Judge does shoot .45 LC or .410 slugs, either of which would have put him down rather well.

It shoots flares too! That would have been a sight!

FlaGator
09-11-2009, 02:52 PM

Just about any non ACP .45 will shoot modified .410's It is suggest that it only be done for close range varmint killing. You can safely shoot rats in your garage or shed without to much concern for major damage. I have a Uberti 1873 Colt Cattleman that I take with me when I hunt. I put .410s in it and use it to shoot snakes and critters like that.