THAT was over it was getting late so we decided to go over to
Mikeys as there was one close.

I tried their new Angus burger...what a shit sandwich!!! Total
piece of crap. SLW had a "grilled" chicken burger that also
blew. And the fries I had tasted like friggen cardboard. I used to
love their fries!

Now I know why I haven't been to "teh golden arches" in over
a decade. :rolleyes: :D

Screwing up an angus beef pattie should be a crime.

Shannon
09-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't think I've ever had bad fries from McDonald's.

Rockntractor
09-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Like as of last night.

SLW and I were picking out new cell phone equipment and after

love their fries!

did you get some decent phones?

BadCat
09-11-2009, 07:56 PM

You didn't track mud into the house today, did you?

Rockntractor
09-11-2009, 07:59 PM
You didn't track mud into the house today, did you?

Yes I did. Did you hear that woman yelling at me?

BadCat
09-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Yes I did. Did you hear that woman yelling at me?

It was faint, but that's what I thought it was.

SarasotaRepub
09-11-2009, 08:01 PM

Depends who you ask Rock. :D

Bubba Dawg
09-11-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm on the road a lot and hit McD frequently. I like their coffee and unsweet tea and will frequently get an egg mcmuffin for breakfast when I'm traveling. I don't get their hashbrowns but have had their fries pretty often and they are usually good but sometimes they've been cooked too long and are really bad.

Their drive-through is the most efficient I've seen. Amazing.

I haven't tried the angus burger but BC is right, it should be a crime to screw up an angus burger.

Rockntractor
09-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Depends who you ask Rock. :D

I got a blackberry a few weeks ago and other than the twenty four dollars extra on my bill I'm kind of liking it.

Bubba Dawg
09-11-2009, 08:10 PM
I got a blackberry a few weeks ago and other than the twenty four dollars extra on my bill I'm kind of liking it.

I've never used a Blackberry. Except, I found one on Daytona Beach half buried in sand and was able to get it back to the owner. I managed to answer it when one of his buddies called. Lots of buttons.

RobJohnson
09-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Like as of last night.

SLW and I were picking out new cell phone equipment and after

love their fries!

You should try this: http://www.culvers.com/

SarasotaRepub
09-11-2009, 10:11 PM

HA! They tried to sell us both on those too but we both said neyt.
The ones we ended up with have a full widdle keyboard but I doubt either
of us will ever use it. We both think "text messaging" is kinda stupid
given you are using a cell phone to do it. :D

djones520
09-11-2009, 10:17 PM
There's no such thing as good McDonald's outside of Japan.

Rockntractor
09-11-2009, 10:19 PM
HA! They tried to sell us both on those too but we both said neyt.
The ones we ended up with have a full widdle keyboard but I doubt either
of us will ever use it. We both think "text messaging" is kinda stupid
given you are using a cell phone to do it. :D

I don't use it for text messaging I post on this forum with it during the day.

SarasotaRepub
09-11-2009, 10:43 PM
There's no such thing as good McDonald's outside of Japan.

COMMIE!!!! :D:D

SaintLouieWoman
09-11-2009, 10:52 PM

I hate the stupid Samsung phone. I'm in a really bad mood because of the phone and the whole experience last night. The salesman was stupid, kept telling us the wrong info, til I finally asked him to get a blank piece of paper and start writing the exact #'s and how he arrived at his pricing.

He talked us into one phone that I halfway liked. Then he told us he made another mistake, that it would be an extra $20 a month on features we wouldn't use. So I told him I wanted one of those buy one get one free deals on a regular phone. I don't want to watch movies on it, don't want to text, just want a reliable phone.

So we got these phones that just don't appeal to women. The only case for it had a clip to attach to the belt (good for a guy, not a woman). If I took their stupid $20 case with the clip it would be too bulky for the side pocket in my purse. It's sort of black and ugly and has tiny little buttons that are difficult to use.

I asked if I could take my old Razor phone and have it reactivated if I continue to dislike the phone. He said yes. My other option is to take the phone back (after the 30 day "trial") and pay a $35 fee to return the "free phone".

I HATE THAT STUPID PHONE!!!! :D:D

samurai
09-11-2009, 10:57 PM
There are 2 main McD's in my town (plus a tiny one in the Walmart). One of them is pretty lousy and consistently overcooks the fries, the burger patties, etc. The other one is much better, and you can usually get good stuff there (considering what they have to work with, anyway). I tried the Deluxe Angus burger at the better location and it was actually quite good. The best burger I've had from a McD's, though that isn't saying much.

In general, I go to the better McD if I want fries, and I go to Carl's Jr or a local burger place called Burger Hut for good, flame-broiled burgers. Have you tried the Big Carl at Carl's Jr yet? It's their version of the Big Mac, and it blows the Mac outta the water! (I have them add onions and pickles for additional authenticity).

SaintLouieWoman
09-11-2009, 11:02 PM
There are 2 main McD's in my town (plus a tiny one in the Walmart). One of them is pretty lousy and consistently overcooks the fries, the burger patties, etc. The other one is much better, and you can usually get good stuff there (considering what they have to work with, anyway). I tried the Deluxe Angus burger at the better location and it was actually quite good. The best burger I've had from a McD's, though that isn't saying much.

In general, I go to the better McD if I want fries, and I go to Carl's Jr or a local burger place called Burger Hut for good, flame-broiled burgers. Have you tried the Big Carl at Carl's Jr yet? It's their version of the Big Mac, and it blows the Mac outta the water! (I have them add onions and pickles for additional authenticity).

Do you have 5 Guys in your area? Their hamburgers are excellent, made while you wait. I usually don't eat fries, but their fries are very good. You have your choice of quite a few toppings, including grilled mushrooms, onions, etc.

I've never had such bad food at a McD's, even in the not greyt area where I work. I think the grilled chicken sandwiches must have been made at noon. :mad:

Bubba Dawg
09-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I don't use it for text messaging I post on this forum with it during the day.

Okay, I'm like a neo-ludite. You can connect to the internet on a Blackberry? Cool.

SarasotaRepub
09-11-2009, 11:05 PM
She really likes it now that I fixed one of the annoying options...:D

SaintLouieWoman
09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
She really likes it now that I fixed one of the annoying options...:D

I still haven't used it. :p

RobJohnson
09-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Do you have 5 Guys in your area? Their hamburgers are excellent, made while you wait. I usually don't eat fries, but their fries are very good. You have your choice of quite a few toppings, including grilled mushrooms, onions, etc.

I've never had such bad food at a McD's, even in the not greyt area where I work. I think the grilled chicken sandwiches must have been made at noon. :mad:

They do make the grilled chicken in advance and "hold" them....most resturants abuse the hold time.

stsinner
09-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Our pallets differ.. I LOVE the Angus Mushroom and Swiss sammich!! Very delicious...

SaintLouieWoman
09-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Our pallets differ.. I LOVE the Angus Mushroom and Swiss sammich!! Very delicious...

That's what SR had. He usually would love it. I didn't taste it, but it just didn't look good. It looked old, very old. We went there around 8:30pm, so maybe they just had sandwiches left from lunch time.

Rockntractor
09-11-2009, 11:22 PM
I hate the stupid Samsung phone. I'm in a really bad mood because of the phone and the whole experience last night. The salesman was stupid, kept telling us the wrong info, til I finally asked him to get a blank piece of paper and start writing the exact #'s and how he arrived at his pricing.

He talked us into one phone that I halfway liked. Then he told us he made another mistake, that it would be an extra $20 a month on features we wouldn't use. So I told him I wanted one of those buy one get one free deals on a regular phone. I don't want to watch movies on it, don't want to text, just want a reliable phone.

So we got these phones that just don't appeal to women. The only case for it had a clip to attach to the belt (good for a guy, not a woman). If I took their stupid $20 case with the clip it would be too bulky for the side pocket in my purse. It's sort of black and ugly and has tiny little buttons that are difficult to use.

I asked if I could take my old Razor phone and have it reactivated if I continue to dislike the phone. He said yes. My other option is to take the phone back (after the 30 day "trial") and pay a $35 fee to return the "free phone".

I HATE THAT STUPID PHONE!!!! :D:D
Which samsung phone did you get? They set me up with a touch screen samsung phone and hated it so bad I took it back and traded it for the blackberry. It is great being able to stay in touch with you guys while I'm driving the tractor!

SarasotaRepub
09-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Which samsung phone did you get? They set me up with a touch screen samsung phone and hated it so bad I took it back and traded it for the blackberry. It is great being able to stay in touch with you guys while I'm driving the tractor!

This one...

http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Samsung-Intensity-Verizon.jpg

hampshirebrit
09-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Macdonalds is nasty. A Burger King Whopper w/ Cheeze is way better, although one per year is normally enough for me. I had my 2009 one three weeks ago.

Get an iPhone 3G or 3GS. There is really no point in getting any other phone as far as I can tell.

Rockntractor
09-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Macdonalds is nasty. A Burger King Whopper w/ Cheeze is way better, although one per year is normally enough for me. I had my 2009 one three weeks ago.

Get an iPhone 3G or 3GS. There is really no point in getting any other phone as far as I can tell.
What keeps me from doing that is I would have to go with att and their coverage stinks in a lot of the areas I work in.

SarasotaRepub
09-12-2009, 12:05 AM

LOL. If they had the iPhone 20 years ago, when I could have used it, I would have
gotten one. Today...I just don't need what it has. It's cool, I like it, I just don't
need it.

enslaved1
09-12-2009, 12:30 AM
I was unimpressed with the Angus burgers at MikeeD's, especially for as much as they cost.

iPhones and Blackberries are pretty cool, but I know there is no way I would get enough legitimate use out of them to justify the cost of the phone and data plan. Just need to upgrade to a phone with an mp3 player and a memory card slot.

noonwitch
09-14-2009, 08:51 AM
McDonald's burgers upset my stomach, and their grilled chicken sandwiches have no flavor.
Every once in a while I'll give into a craving for a filet o fish, though. Those are still good, as are Egg McMuffins.

Wendy's used to have the best burgers, fast food-wise. Their quality went down after Dave Thomas died. I miss their salad bar, too.

If I really want a fast food burger, I get a Whopper. My sister is boycotting BK until they get rid of their creepy mascot, but she has kids and they always want McDonald's.

lacarnut
09-14-2009, 09:53 AM

That sounds like me but my time frame at B.K. is once every 3 years.

Crystal Wizard
09-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I couldn't function without my Blackberry (8830). I can receive and respond to all my corporate e-mails from virtually any place in the world. The maps feature serves as a GPS if I'm driving a car without one. I have the wiki app to amuse myself, as well as full access to the internets (yes, I've posted on this board several times from it). It's a full-function business machine that allows me to sit in a pub and appear to be working. :D

ralph wiggum
09-14-2009, 12:53 PM
I couldn't function without my Blackberry (8830). I can receive and respond to all my corporate e-mails from virtually any place in the world. The maps feature serves as a GPS if I'm driving a car without one. I have the wiki app to amuse myself, as well as full access to the internets (yes, I've posted on this board several times from it). It's a full-function business machine that allows me to sit in a pub and appear to be working. :D

Same here, CW. I can be on the golf course or at a bar, and handle most any issue from my Blackberry. I've only posted a few times here with it, just because it's difficult to navigate with such a small screen.

Rockntractor
09-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Same here, CW. I can be on the golf course or at a bar, and handle most any issue from my Blackberry. I've only posted a few times here with it, just because it's difficult to navigate with such a small screen.

Try installing opera mini it works better than the default browser.

ralph wiggum
09-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Try installing opera mini it works better than the default browser.

I'll have to try that, thanks. The browser works fine for all my work/sports apps & facebook. But some of the sites that I've tried to visit (not pron!) lock up the phone period.

Rockntractor
09-14-2009, 01:03 PM
I'll have to try that, thanks. The browser works fine for all my work/sports apps & facebook. But some of the sites that I've tried to visit (not pron!) lock up the phone period.

That is all I use since I installed it.

ralph wiggum
09-14-2009, 01:19 PM
That is all I use since I installed it.

Just installed it and it already looks much better than the default browser. Looking forward to checking it out later today when I have some time.

Thanks, R'n'tractor. For that advice, I might actually go back to the Stewie avatar. :D

BadCat
09-14-2009, 01:47 PM
You guys be REAL careful with those Blackberries, they are a hackers dream.

Unless you don't mind somebody like me having the contents of your sim card.

ralph wiggum
09-14-2009, 02:52 PM
You guys be REAL careful with those Blackberries, they are a hackers dream.

Unless you don't mind somebody like me having the contents of your sim card.

I'm not terribly worried. There's no proprietary or confidential information being sent via my work applications or files.