PDA

View Full Version : Texas School Declined Obama Speech, Buses Kids to See Bush

RobJohnson
09-12-2009, 12:35 AM
http://www.momlogic.com/images/texas_school_denied_obama_speech_pm-thumb-270x270.jpg

USA Today: A Texas school district that declined to allow students to listen to President Obama's speech to students on Tuesday will bus about 500 students to attend a Super Bowl-related event this month where former president George W. Bush will speak.

More (http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:momlogic526:019658eea62524c37c6a6f4ebe7acccd/Texas-School-Declined-Obama-Speech-Buses-Kids-to-See-Bush;_ylt=AoILYNAOO2L.1HKC_4T0DCuMfNdF)

djones520
09-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Go Texas. :D

malloc
09-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Personally I wouldn't let my children see any politician speak without me present. I don't trust any politician futher than I can throw them no matter what party they represent.

I have three kids, two go to elementary and one goes to middle school. My oldest daughter's middle school canceled the entire event due to parents calling in to the school and making sure their children wouldn't see it. The elementary school showed the video and did the activities however they did it with less than 20% of the students actually in the classroom. So many parents called in that the elementary school then sent out permission slips, and any student without a signed permission slip went to the library to watch Charlotte's Web.

I love living in a small, southwestern town where a few concerned parents can end the careers of school board members just by showing up and talking to the local paper. Just another feather in the cap of arguments against national centralized education control. The next republican who runs for office and doesn't advocate the abolition of the Department of Education probably shouldn't get your vote.

AmPat
09-12-2009, 09:38 AM
The department of education should rightly be called the department of liberal indoctrination. It is so infested with liberal vermin that it has "progressed" education to the point that our kids can't even put the order of major events in history in the correct order. It's disturbing to see how poor the system is.

RobJohnson
09-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Personally I wouldn't let my children see any politician speak without me present. I don't trust any politician futher than I can throw them no matter what party they represent.

I have three kids, two go to elementary and one goes to middle school. My oldest daughter's middle school canceled the entire event due to parents calling in to the school and making sure their children wouldn't see it. The elementary school showed the video and did the activities however they did it with less than 20% of the students actually in the classroom. So many parents called in that the elementary school then sent out permission slips, and any student without a signed permission slip went to the library to watch Charlotte's Web.

I love living in a small, southwestern town where a few concerned parents can end the careers of school board members just by showing up and talking to the local paper. Just another feather in the cap of arguments against national centralized education control. The next republican who runs for office and doesn't advocate the abolition of the Department of Education probably shouldn't get your vote.

Politicians are everywhere, some are even teachers.

stsinner
09-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Good for them.

RobJohnson
09-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Tuesday there is no school here. :D