PDA

View Full Version : Blind Faith - Hyde Park 1969

BadCat
09-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Since I had to go play my guitars for a lot of sleazy women in spandex last night, I recorded this off of VH-1C, it's running on their 100 Concerts in 100 days series.

If you don't know (or remember) Blind Faith, they were formed by Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood, right after Cream broke up. Cream drummer Ginger Baker played drums and the bassist from a Brit band called "Family" named Ric Grech played the low notes.

They only released one album, possibly the most famous (infamous) album cover of all time...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/BlindFaithBlindFaith.jpg/200px-BlindFaithBlindFaith.jpg

This concert was actually performed prior to the release of the album, nobody having heard of "Blind Faith", and the amusing crowd of genteel British hippies showing up to see "part of Cream".

Blind Faith was a great band, for a moment in time.

IMO, this was when Clapton was very near the peak of his guitar work (forming Derek & the Dominoes after the Blind Faith gig).

If you ever liked them or you never heard of them, try to catch this on VH-1C, great band, good performance, funny hippies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJJnA6zEcGk

Rockntractor
09-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Since I had to go play my guitars for a lot of sleazy women in spandex last night

You were in spandex or they were?:eek:

SarasotaRepub
09-12-2009, 10:37 AM

Probably both. ;)

BadCat
09-12-2009, 10:38 AM

They were.
We played a "warm up" gig on the west side. We've been off since the end of May and have a lot of gigs starting in October.

The women on the west side of Phoenix, well, let's just say "there's not enough alcohol in the whole world".

Rockntractor
09-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Thats a great song and one of the few Clapton albums I don't have. I even have John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers .

RobJohnson
09-12-2009, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJJnA6zEcGk

After seeing those in attendance, I'm convinced it took a helluva lot of drugs to make that video!

expat-pattaya
09-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Blind Faith - mmmmmm.

When people look at the body of work Clapton has done this could be near the peak. A lot of bands forming and ending with intermingling of talent at that time.

So, spandex? Phoenix women? And you re a guitar player?

Dayum. I got to come see you play some time. When I am in the states I live in Cave Creek and I play guitar a bit too. No sos anyone will pay a ticket to see me but it beats smoking crack or fighting pit bulls :D

What kind of tunes? Do you ever get up to Cave Creek?

patriot45
09-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Since I had to go play my guitars for a lot of sleazy women in spandex last night, I recorded this off of VH-1C, it's running on their 100 Concerts in 100 days series.

If you don't know (or remember) Blind Faith, they were formed by Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood, right after Cream broke up. Cream drummer Ginger Baker played drums and the bassist from a Brit band called "Family" named Ric Grech played the low notes.

They only released one album, possibly the most famous (infamous) album cover of all time...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/BlindFaithBlindFaith.jpg/200px-BlindFaithBlindFaith.jpg

This concert was actually performed prior to the release of the album, nobody having heard of "Blind Faith", and the amusing crowd of genteel British hippies showing up to see "part of Cream".

Blind Faith was a great band, for a moment in time.

IMO, this was when Clapton was very near the peak of his guitar work (forming Derek & the Dominoes after the Blind Faith gig).

If you ever liked them or you never heard of them, try to catch this on VH-1C, great band, good performance, funny hippies.

Its funny that you posted this! Last nite after the 9-11 juke box I broke out a cd I had burned a while ago and it had Blind Faith, Cream, Procol Harum, Humble Pie and Traffic! I cranked that until bedtime! What jamming bands they were!

Hehe Peter Frampton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5QhnYrjJ3k

BadCat
09-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Blind Faith - mmmmmm.

When people look at the body of work Clapton has done this could be near the peak. A lot of bands forming and ending with intermingling of talent at that time.

So, spandex? Phoenix women? And you re a guitar player?

Dayum. I got to come see you play some time. When I am in the states I live in Cave Creek and I play guitar a bit too. No sos anyone will pay a ticket to see me but it beats smoking crack or fighting pit bulls :D

What kind of tunes? Do you ever get up to Cave Creek?

We play mostly Snotsdale, downtown Phoenix and Tempe these days. Like I said, this was just a "warm up" gig for for us.

We do rock, the sets are heavier this year than what we did last year. No more Beatles tunes.

We opened with the Gin Blossom "Day Job". Tonight we're starting with Led Zep's "In the Evening".

Bubba Dawg
09-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Like most of Clapton's early work, I came to Blind Faith after I had listened to his later work. In 1969 I was 11 years old and really didn't start listening to clapton until a few years later.

Thing is, I don't segregate music by the time at which it was produced. For the most part, I listened to what was on the radio at the time.

Now there are so many sources for music, it's marvelous. I can experience new music that is fifty years old, or older.

Nice. I love Blind Faith.

expat-pattaya
09-12-2009, 10:39 PM
We play mostly Snotsdale, downtown Phoenix and Tempe these days. Like I said, this was just a "warm up" gig for for us.

We do rock, the sets are heavier this year than what we did last year. No more Beatles tunes.

We opened with the Gin Blossom "Day Job". Tonight we're starting with Led Zep's "In the Evening".

Excellent. You must know the guitar place I hang out in Cave Creek guitar. The owner has been in the area forever. And he is a BIG Led Zep fan (as am I).

Alas, I am more adept at playing acoustic. For some odd reason whenever I practice I find one in my hands and the electrics don't get the attention they merit. Maybe that will change.

RobJohnson
09-12-2009, 11:29 PM

Maybe I will fly in this winter and catch a show. It's hard to get time off during the winter, but I'm sure I could work something out.

I will see you next month in my town!