PDA

View Full Version : Red Box

RobJohnson
09-13-2009, 12:57 AM
I just tried Red Box movie rentals for the first time. It took me two minutes to register online at home, and they even gave me a free rental.

$1 a night, plus tax. Not bad.

Does anyone else use this?

The place where I boss people around does not have one, yet many other locations do. It would be much easier if we had one at work!

djones520
09-13-2009, 01:01 AM
I just tried Red Box movie rentals for the first time. It took me two minutes to register online at home, and they even gave me a free rental.

$1 a night, plus tax. Not bad.

Does anyone else use this?

The place where I boss people around does not have one, yet many other locations do. It would be much easier if we had one at work!

Closest one that I'm aware of is a 15 minute drive in a seedy McDonalds. Not worth it to me when I can get Netflix.

RobJohnson
09-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Closest one that I'm aware of is a 15 minute drive in a seedy McDonalds. Not worth it to me when I can get Netflix.

I thought about Netflix, my parents used Netflix & Blockbuster (mail) when they traveled full time via diesel pusher. They enjoyed the movies. This is the first time I have rented a movie in over 16 months! I've been fighting a cold since I landed in Nevada Wednesday, and it's gotten a little worse. So I'm sticking close to home & getting bored. :p

This Red Box is just two or three blocks from my house, in fact, there are several within walking distance & we don't have any seedy parts of town. It's all seedy. :D

RobJohnson
09-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Has anyone seen the movie Sugar?

A Dominican teenager, Miguel "Sugar" Santos, travels to the Midwest to play for the Swing of the Quad cities after seeing the movie "Field of Dreams." Rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association of America for sexual content, language and brief drug use. Widescreen. Spanish subtitles available.

I just noticed that Red Box has it.

There was alot of hype about this movie when I was visiting Illinois/Iowa last week, as it was filmed there and I know a young (25) lady that was in the movie. I was just curious if the movie was any good?