PDA

View Full Version : Serena's Temper Cost Her a Point-Match Point!

stsinner
09-13-2009, 08:41 AM
She was assessed a point for unsportsmanlike conduct, and that point was match point, costing her the game.. Guess she didn't learn when she was penalized earlier for breaking her racket in anger...

NEW YORK (Sept. 12) -- Serena Williams walked toward the line judge, screaming, cursing and shaking a ball in the official's direction, threatening to "shove it down" her throat.
On match point in the U.S. Open semifinals Saturday night, defending champion Williams was penalized a point for unsportsmanlike conduct -- a bizarre, ugly finish that gave a 6-4, 7-5 upset victory to unseeded, unranked Kim Clijsters. (http://www.fanhouse.com/news/tennis/serena-loses-temper-in-bizarre-finish/667712?icid=main|netscape|dl4|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fw ww.fanhouse.com%2Fnews%2Ftennis%2Fserena-loses-temper-in-bizarre-finish%2F667712)

Gingersnap
09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
She's now issued a unapologetic statement and been fined $10,500. Way to role model sportsmanship!

lacarnut
09-14-2009, 11:04 AM
She's now issued a unapologetic statement and been fined $10,500. Way to role model sportsmanship!

She is just carrying on a bad tradition started by assholes like John McEnroe. It is a shame, and some of the fans are just as retarded with their hissing and booing.

noonwitch
09-14-2009, 01:33 PM

I'm glad they fined her. Venus never acted like this during matches-I always liked her better, anyway. I'm sick of athletes acting badly and not getting consequences-like when Latrell Sprewell choked his coach. He should have been kicked out of the NBA for that. Or Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ear off-he should have been kicked out of boxing for life over that (as he's established that raping a young lady is not grounds to be removed from boxing).

lacarnut
09-14-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm glad they fined her. Venus never acted like this during matches-I always liked her better, anyway. I'm sick of athletes acting badly and not getting consequences-like when Latrell Sprewell choked his coach. He should have been kicked out of the NBA for that. Or Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ear off-he should have been kicked out of boxing for life over that (as he's established that raping a young lady is not grounds to be removed from boxing).

I agree with everything but the rape. She was a beauty contestant. As a judge he was hitting on many of them. So she knew exactly what he wanted when she went to his hotel room at 2am. His attitude and his disdain for women got him convicted. No tears lost over his conviction but I don't think he was guilty. Just stupidity.