PDA

View Full Version : Inglorious Basterds

ampdead
09-14-2009, 03:52 AM
Any good?

I'm not looking for opinions from people who thought, say, Kill Bill V2 was worth a $5 On Demand viewing, or anyone who thought any sort of viewing of the Ginger Bread House-fragile mockumentary of old-time drive-in stupid was worthwhile.

I am looking for a blood-soaked quip-fest where Nazis die - as the bad guys here happen to be. I'm looking for Tarantino a la, say, True Love (Detroit, baby), Jackie Robinson or, even, Pulp Fiction. Reservoir Dogs, even.

So. Can he still make a flick, or not?

Speedy
09-14-2009, 03:59 AM
Jackie Robinson?

http://thisdistractedglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/jackie-brown-1997-dvd-cover.jpg

ampdead
09-14-2009, 04:15 AM
I have forgotten and misrepresented things all day today - er, yesterday and, now, today, as well.

In fact, I forgot my keys and had to bust through my apartment's door. For the second time. Fortunately, the bolt was not bolted, so it only took me one good throw of my shoulder this time.

Jackie Brown, yes. Now answer the friggin' question!

Speedy
09-14-2009, 04:39 AM
Now answer the friggin' question!

Sorry, but haven't been to a movie this year. Wouldn't know what to tell ya! I guess if it is like his other movies, you will have the characters talk alot in between bloody shootouts.

ampdead
09-14-2009, 04:50 AM
Sorry...

Indeed.

Edit: Yanno, if there is another thread similar to this, you could have simply pointed me in that direction. I'm new. Have patience.

Sonnabend
09-14-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm new.

With more posts in a day than any of us do in a week.

stsinner
09-14-2009, 07:49 AM
I have forgotten and misrepresented things all day today - er, yesterday and, now, today, as well.

In fact, I forgot my keys and had to bust through my apartment's door. For the second time. Fortunately, the bolt was not bolted, so it only took me one good throw of my shoulder this time.

Jackie Brown, yes. Now answer the friggin' question!

Is this guy a reincarnation of someone with some time on the board?

ampdead
09-14-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm old and new at the same time.

Or I am capable of typing relatively quickly, and changing topics, also, rather quickly.

Sonnabend
09-14-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm old and new at the same time.

Or I am capable of typing relatively quickly, and changing topics, also, rather quickly.

http://www.commentjunkie.com/spam/img/spammer.gifhttp://ist-socrates.berkeley.edu/%7Eakerr/NoSpam.gif

NJCardFan
09-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Indeed.

Edit: Yanno, if there is another thread similar to this, you could have simply pointed me in that direction. I'm new. Have patience.

AMP! Hey Brother! 'Tis the Rockhound.

ampdead
09-14-2009, 08:41 AM
AMP! Hey Brother! 'Tis the Rockhound.

I am canned ham, apparently.

And hey, Rockie. Your link blows. :D

Gingersnap
09-14-2009, 09:43 AM
I haven't seen this one yet. I don't think Tarantino is some kind genius and he's no wunderkind anymore but he can turn out some entertaining stuff when he puts his mind to it.

Is this entertaining?

FeebMaster
09-14-2009, 11:51 AM
It was nothing like I expected from the trailers.

Definitely entertaining.

Space Gravy
09-14-2009, 06:12 PM
It was good.