PDA

View Full Version : Which Countries Would US Defend

megimoo
09-14-2009, 10:16 AM
1* Sometimes, when a country is attacked, the United States provides military assistance to help defend that country.

Now, I'm going to read you a short list of countries. For each, please tell me if the United States should offer military assistance to defend that country if it is attacked?

France
45% Yes, the U.S. should defend France if it's attacked
37% No
18% Not sure

2* Israel
59% Yes, the U.S. should defend Israel
29% No
12% Not sure

3* Mexico
59% Yes, the U.S. should defend Mexico
28% No
13% Not sure

4* Japan
46% Yes, the U.S. should defend Japan
41% No
13% Not sure

5* Okay, Germany..if Germany is attacked should the United States offer
military assistance to defend Germany?
53% Yes
33% No
14% Not sure

6* Great Britain
73% Yes, the U.S. should defend Great Britain
18% No
10% Not sure

7* Canada
78% Yes, the U.S. should defend Canada
16% No
6% Not sure

NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of
confidence
www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/econ_survey_toplines/september_2009/toplines_which_countries_would_us_defend_september _3_6_2009

\http://www.imra.org.il/story.php3?id=45738

noonwitch
09-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Interesting numbers. I'm surprised Mexico didn't rank as high as Canada, as both are on our borders and their troubles can spill over into our country, the way the drug problem from Mexico already does.

Israel's number is higher than I would have thought. At 59%, their ranking is the same as Mexico's.

PoliCon
09-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Interesting numbers. I'm surprised Mexico didn't rank as high as Canada, as both are on our borders and their troubles can spill over into our country, the way the drug problem from Mexico already does.

Israel's number is higher than I would have thought. At 59%, their ranking is the same as Mexico's.

Difference is - Canadians for the most part at least speak english.