PDA

View Full Version : Parents who ferry children must have anti-paedophile checks_(soccer moms suspects)

megimoo
09-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Parents who give lifts to other children from sports and social clubs face prosecution if they fail to register with the Government’s new anti-paedophile database.
Any formal agreement to ferry youngsters to and from the likes of Scouts, dance classes or local football matches, even if only once a month, will fall under the Government’s new Vetting and Barring Scheme.
It means anyone who fails to register and have their backgrounds checked faces a fine of up to £5,000 and a criminal record.
Parents who help children read in class or those who host foreign pupils as part of school exchange trips will also have to be vetted by the new Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) and undergo criminal record checks.
School governors, dentists, pharmacists, prison officers and even dinner ladies are among the huge list of people who will now fall under the scheme, which starts to be rolled out next month and will eventually cover 11.3 million people.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/6169054/Parents-who-ferry-children-must-have-anti-paedophile-checks.html

stsinner
09-15-2009, 12:13 AM
It says any FORMAL agreement.. So just keep it informal...

But on another note, I really liked it when the government had me in very few databases.. It seems these the various governments want more and more information from you..

noonwitch
09-15-2009, 08:29 AM
My church started doing criminal record checks on all the volunteers-they always did them on the Sunday School teachers and all who volunteered with kids, but changed that to all volunteers a couple of years ago. I had to sign a waiver. I've had them done on my for work, though, like all state employees and those who worked retail in the past.

djones520
09-15-2009, 08:44 AM
My church started doing criminal record checks on all the volunteers-they always did them on the Sunday School teachers and all who volunteered with kids, but changed that to all volunteers a couple of years ago. I had to sign a waiver. I've had them done on my for work, though, like all state employees and those who worked retail in the past.

Thats a private organization doing that though, they have every right to know about whose working for them. It's not the Federal Government coming down and saying they'll prosecute you if you don't do this and drive your neighbors kid to school.

linda22003
09-15-2009, 08:47 AM
It's not the Federal Government coming down and saying they'll prosecute you if you don't do this and drive your neighbors kid to school.

Has anyone noticed that this article is about Britain?

djones520
09-15-2009, 08:49 AM

Meh, same differance.

PoliCon
09-15-2009, 10:42 PM

I did. But there is just as much dependency on the stupid registries and clearances that assume anyone who wants to work with kids is a pedophile until they prove that they have not yet be caught yet.:rolleyes: The whole point is not to protect the kids - but to protect the establishment from lawsuits.

wilbur
09-15-2009, 11:07 PM
<megs>

What a waste of time! We only need to worry about the gay parents! Even then its probably too late, as theyve already had their way with them! Beware!

</megs>

Rockntractor
09-15-2009, 11:10 PM
<megs>

What a waste of time! We only need to worry about the gay parents! Even then its probably too late, as theyve already had their way with them! Beware!

</megs>

Go piss up a rope!

Gingersnap
09-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Meh, same differance.

He's right. What goes over there, hits our shores in 10 years or so. It causes an unintended consequence of only "vetted" people being willing to help out. Eventually, that means only government people.

This despite the fact that in our country anyway, the vast majority of authority figures who sexually molest children are public school teachers - not religious authority figures, private school teachers, or neighbors.

After the lovers/friends of mothers, it's public school teachers. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
09-15-2009, 11:32 PM
He's right. What goes over there, hits our shores in 10 years or so. It causes an unintended consequence of only "vetted" people being willing to help out. Eventually, that means only government people.

This despite the fact that in our country anyway, the vast majority of authority figures who sexually molest children are public school teachers - not religious authority figures, private school teachers, or neighbors.

After the lovers/friends of mothers, it's public school teachers. :rolleyes:

Teachers as pedophiles? Or are you referring to teachers with teenage students - who are not pedophiles but Hebephiles. We need to start remembering the difference.

Gingersnap
09-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Teachers as pedophiles? Or are you referring to teachers with teenage students - who are not pedophiles but Hebephiles. We need to start remembering the difference.

If you are a precocious 13 year old - there is no difference.

Or a 14 year old or a 16 year old. It's never right. Kids have empty minds and raging hormones. What happens then may have utterly regrettable consequences 20 years later. A 7 year old may well be able to put a "touching" incident behind them better than a 14 year old can put a penetration or oral sexual incident behind them.

PoliCon
09-16-2009, 10:21 PM
If you are a precocious 13 year old - there is no difference.

Or a 14 year old or a 16 year old. It's never right. Kids have empty minds and raging hormones. What happens then may have utterly regrettable consequences 20 years later. A 7 year old may well be able to put a "touching" incident behind them better than a 14 year old can put a penetration or oral sexual incident behind them.

It's not about age - it's about development - and I'm not saying that it's right - only that it's different and that it's BULLSHIT to assume all teachers are child molesters until they prove otherwise. If the state seriously wants to protect kids - they will make damn sure that these predators never walk free again. THAT's how you prevent repeat offenders.