PDA

View Full Version : RaginginMiami is back! (Found Guilty)

LibraryLady
07-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I had almost forgotten about Carlos Miller. He was found guilty on his last case and apparently is back into mischief.

Miller informed the blogosphere of his results -- guilty on resisting arrest without violence. He was found not guilty on disobeying a police officer and disorderly conduct. The prosecutor asked that Miller receive three months probation and pay the court costs, instead Judge Jose L. Fernandez slapped Miller with a one-year probation, 100 hours of community service and $540.50 in court fees.

SO, he is at it again

RagingInMiami Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-16-08 10:09 AM
Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3627630)
My night in jail after photographing police against their wishes

The most humiliating part of my arrest was not necessarily the way the five Miami police officers slammed me down on the hard sidewalk and bashed my forehead against the concrete. Nor was it the way they tightened the handcuffs on me until they cut off the circulation in my wrists. Nor was it the way one officer twisted my right wrist backwards until I yelled out in pain. Nor was it the way an officer threatened to taze me if I did not shut my mouth.
It wasn’t even the way the sergeant taunted me at the precinct by saying, “I don’t know what police department you’re used to dealing with, but this is Miami PD and we don’t put up with that kind of crap here.”

No, the most humiliating part of my arrest was when I was ordered into a small dark room at the Miami-Dade County Jail and ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks while a jail guard with a flashlight ensured that I was not smuggling any contraband into the jail.

Read the rest of the story here.

ralph wiggum
07-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Damn Nazi police state! /DU mode

FlaGator
07-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Actually I think that the most humiliating part should be when he disobeyed the police when they told him to move along. It also says a lot when the judge gives out a harsher sentence than what the prosecutor was asking for. That doens't happen often and RIM should find that pretty humiliating too!

jinxmchue
07-16-2008, 11:29 AM
ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks

What is he complaining about? He just achieved the highest level of nirvana for a DUmp monkey.

Edit: he just inspired my new signature stinger.

LibraryLady
07-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Apparently Carlos' reputation precedes him!

(From his blog) (http://carlosmiller.com/2008/06/18/its-finally-over-or-is-it/)

Judge Jose L. Fernandez, who turned out to have an extreme contempt for me, was unable to answer that question, even though he had asked if I had any questions after the verdict was read.

Instead, Fernandez said I was guilty of obstructing traffic, the single charge the jury was not allowed to rule on because it is considered a traffic infraction and not a misdemeanor charge.

Although prosecutor Ignacio Vazquez was (thankfully) asking for only three months probation and court costs, Fernandez slammed me with one year of probation, 100 hours of community service, anger management class and $540.50 in court costs.

I hate to see what I would have received had the prosecutor asked for jail time and had the jury found me guilty of three misdemeanors instead of one.

Fernandez said something to the effect of “your non-remorse in this case appalls me” as well as laying into me about by body language and demeanor during the trial not to mention the “chit-chat” between me and my “fans”, which actually were my aunt and my mom.

He accused me of getting arrested on purpose for the sole purpose of launching a blog and becoming a “hero”. He then reminded me that the real heroes are buried in Arlington who fought for my freedoms and suggested that I pay a visit to the cemetery.

BSR
07-16-2008, 11:32 AM
What is he complaining about? He just achieved the highest level of nirvana for a DUmp monkey.

He's lucky he didnt get any serious jail time when sentenced. He would of heard drop your pants, bend over and spread your cheeks 3 or 4 times a week from his cell mate.

Shannon
07-16-2008, 11:37 AM
He accused me of getting arrested on purpose for the sole purpose of launching a blog and becoming a “hero”. He then reminded me that the real heroes are buried in Arlington who fought for my freedoms and suggested that I pay a visit to the cemetery.

That judge is a smart man.

jinxmchue
07-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Fernandez slammed me with one year of probation, 100 hours of community service, anger management class and $540.50 in court costs.

Somehow, I think his presence at DU will completely reverse anything from the anger management class.

Fernandez said something to the effect of “your non-remorse in this case appalls me” as well as laying into me about by body language and demeanor during the trial

Sounds like a good judge. RIMjob's disdain for the police and judicial system was obvious from day one. Glad the judge noted this and sentenced RIMjob accordingly.

He accused me of getting arrested on purpose for the sole purpose of launching a blog and becoming a “hero”. He then reminded me that the real heroes are buried in Arlington who fought for my freedoms and suggested that I pay a visit to the cemetery.[/QUOTE]

A very good judge indeed!

LibraryLady
07-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Neocon repugs salute State while trampling Constitution

But every once in a while, they manage to get loose, as they did this week when a horde of neocon repugs escaped the neanderthaloic Conservative Cave website to swarm my blog in order to mock me for my less than perfect verdict.

They found out about my trial on Democratic Underground, a site I used to post with much frequency until I discovered the joys of blogging.

These neocons remember me because a couple of years ago, they invited me over to their sister site, Conservative Underground, for a debate. They piled on me with the usual load of rubbish right-wing talking points. When I started responding with sensible liberal arguments, they kicked me off their site.

I didn’t take it personally because DU always kicks neocons off its site. Because of the strict discriminatory practices on both sites, the two sides rarely get to debate.

So when the neocon repugs saw the DU thread about my verdict, which lead to my blog post, they wet their dockers because this would allow them to bash a liberal on a site that does not practice such harsh discriminatory practices.

This prompted a few of my DU teammates to pop in for a round or two with the neocon repugs, who were saying I got what I received because I refused to abide by the police authorit-tay.

So before I knew it, my blog was Ground Zero of a comment war. If anybody remembers the original article Rebecca Wakefield posted on the now defunct Category305.com about my arrest, then you might remember the heavy comment war between DU and CU forced the site’s server to crash.

http://carlosmiller.com/2008/06/19/neocon-repugs-salute-state-while-trampling-constitution/

He was here??

ralph wiggum
07-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Neocon repugs salute State while trampling Constitution

http://carlosmiller.com/2008/06/19/neocon-repugs-salute-state-while-trampling-constitution/

He was here??

Yes, he was here for a brief time. He had his ass handed to him and crawled back to the safety of the DUmp. If we only had the archives. :(

biccat
07-16-2008, 12:11 PM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/wcower7.gif

LibraryLady
07-16-2008, 12:36 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Obama/internet.jpg

ReaganForRus
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM
He's lucky he didnt get any serious jail time when sentenced. He would of heard drop your pants, bend over and spread your cheeks 3 or 4 times a week from his cell mate.

a week or a day?:D

ReaganForRus
07-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes, he was here for a brief time. He had his ass handed to him and crawled back to the safety of the DUmp. If we only had the archives. :(

Sounds like he is a legend in his own mind.

I wonder what the Judge would think if he persists with his blogging on his sentence?:confused:

Cold Warrior
07-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Sounds like he is a legend in his own mind.

I wonder what the Judge would think if he persists with his blogging on his sentence?:confused:

And that would be against the law? :confused:

Defiant1
07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
And that would be against the law? :confused:

The judge may view it as contempt. Remember he is on probation.

jinxmchue
07-16-2008, 03:54 PM
The judge may view it as contempt. Remember he is on probation.

Anyone want to email the judge the blog URL and URLs to the DUmp posts? :D

Cold Warrior
07-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Anyone want to email the judge the blog URL and URLs to the DUmp posts? :D

You're not really the Texas Modifying Mod in disguise, are you?

jinxmchue
07-16-2008, 04:09 PM
You're not really the Texas Modifying Mod in disguise, are you?

The who in the what now?

Shakespeare
07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Dropping your pants and speading your cheeks is now a prerequisite for DU membership, according to SkinnerBox. Don't forget to say Thank You Sir, RagininMiami.

asdf2231
07-16-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm going to mail the judge a nice gift basket with a thank you card. :D

BSR
07-16-2008, 09:32 PM
The who in the what now?

I think Cold Warrior is Crazy Uncle Johnny's illegitimate son.

Shannon
07-16-2008, 09:52 PM

No. That post made sense to me. I guess you just have to pay attention around here.:p

BSR
07-16-2008, 10:01 PM
No. That post made sense to me. I guess you just have to pay attention around here.:p

Gee, the crazy cat lady understands the guy that screams at traffic that his underwear is trying to eat him. Stop the presses. :rolleyes:

Shannon
07-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Gee, the crazy cat lady understands the guy that screams at traffic that his underwear is trying to eat him. Stop the presses. :rolleyes:

I just loaned you to Lurk for the night, asshat. Have fun.

BSR
07-16-2008, 10:17 PM
I just loaned you to Lurk for the night, asshat. Have fun.

Bring it... :mad:

Cold Warrior
07-16-2008, 10:27 PM

Simply shows you weren't around during the heady days of the Texas Modifying Mod, wherein posts were changed, not fixed. Too bad, but he's still around going under the name of "Bilko," or something similar.

BSR
07-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Simply shows you weren't around during the heady days of the Texas Modifying Mod, wherein posts were changed, not fixed. Too bad, but he's still around going under the name of "Bilko," or something similar.

yeah, it does.. Im new here cut me some slack..

FDK
07-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I wish I were a Miami Democrat - then I could vote for that judge five times. :D

Cold Warrior
07-16-2008, 10:52 PM
yeah, it does.. Im new here cut me some slack..

Somehow I doubt that. There are people here who know who you were and, eventually one of them will spill the beans, as it were. However, since every other word you post isn't s**t, f**k, a**hole, etc., I also doubt that you're my friend, Clietus.

Schadenfreude
07-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Somehow I doubt that. There are people here who know who you were and, eventually one of them will spill the beans, as it were. However, since every other word you post isn't s**t, f**k, a**hole, etc., I also doubt that you're my friend, Clietus.

hahahahahahaha. :p

jinxmchue
07-17-2008, 12:05 AM

Oh, I think I vaguely remember that now. I'm better with events than with names.

But I still don't understand how the reference applies to me. :confused:

BSR
07-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Oh, I think I vaguely remember that now. I'm better with events than with names.

But I still don't understand how the reference applies to me. :confused:

He tried to make a funny calling you Texasradioguy. Who I have no idea about since I'm a noob fresh off the boat. :D

Its best not to dwell on it. He made some reference to Zaf about something to do with TV and comic books or something, that was supposed to be insulting and I was an idiot for not getting it. Just shake your head up and down and he will mumble something about "chatting up a lovely lady at the bar" and move on. :D

Cold Warrior
07-17-2008, 09:15 AM
He tried to make a funny calling you Texasradioguy. Who I have no idea about since I'm a noob fresh off the boat. :D

Its best not to dwell on it. He made some reference to Zaf about something to do with TV and comic books or something, that was supposed to be insulting and I was an idiot for not getting it. Just shake your head up and down and he will mumble something about "chatting up a lovely lady at the bar" and move on. :D

Actually, the Zaphod reference, from which I supose the poster here derives his name, was a book before it was a TeeVee show, in fact a series of five books.

ReaganForRus
07-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Dropping your pants and speading your cheeks is now a prerequisite for DU membership, according to SkinnerBox. Don't forget to say Thank You Sir, RagininMiami.

the problem with this is that the Dems keep asking "Thank you , sir! .........may I have another!"

biccat
07-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Actually, the Zaphod reference, from which I supose the poster here derives his name, was a book before it was a TeeVee show, in fact a series of five books.
Actually it was a trilogy. But it was first a radio program before it was a series of books.

Try to get your facts right.

Cold Warrior
07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Actually it was a trilogy. But it was first a radio program before it was a series of books.

Counselor. Read my post. As I indicated, it was a book before it was a TV show. I said nothing about the BBC radio show, nor did my post imply that that was the "first incarnation." As to it being a "trilogy," as I indicated it was five books...

The novels are described as "a trilogy in five parts", having been described as a trilogy on the release of the third book, and then a "trilogy in four parts" on the release of the fourth book.

The five books are:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Life, the Universe and Everything
So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
Mostly Harmless

The latter two were not adaptions of the original radio show, but were written by Adams as an extension of the book series.

You actually get paid to represent people's facts to a court? Amazing!

biccat
07-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Douglas Adams referred to it as an "increasingly inappropriately named trilogy."

There was also a sixth book - Young Zaphod Plays it Safe - but it is often overlooked (for good reason).

Saying that Zaphod is a reference from the books without acknowledging the radio series is like saying "Gollum" is a reference taken from "The Hobbit."

I will defer to your superior experience with loose women, booze, and STDs, but please try to refrain from assertions outside of your specialties.

And no, I don't represent facts to a court.

Cold Warrior
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Douglas Adams referred to it as an "increasingly inappropriately named trilogy."

There was also a sixth book - Young Zaphod Plays it Safe - but it is often overlooked (for good reason).

I honestly don't know what you're on about. As I originally said, the series was five books. To refer to it simply as a "trilogy," while acknowledging the author's various puns on the word as the books expanded, is simply incorrect when taken in the literal sense. It's also my understanding that the sixth book was not completed, but I could be wrong about that.

Saying that Zaphod is a reference from the books without acknowledging the radio series is like saying "Gollum" is a reference taken from "The Hobbit."

Since the radio series precedes the books, as "The Hobbit" precedes the LOTR (in both writing and sequence) don't you mean "like saying 'Gollum' is a reference taken from the LOTR?" Regardless, the statement (that it was a book prior to being a TV series), taken in the context of the exchange, wherein JV was indicating that he was unaware of the reference since it was a TV reference, is a perfectly valid statement.

I will defer to your superior experience with loose women, booze, and STDs, but please try to refrain from assertions outside of your specialties.

And I will defer to you on the subjects of hicks, simplistic platitudes, and shallow reasoning, so please try to refrain from assertions outside of your specialities.

And no, I don't represent facts to a court.

Since you insist on taking the question at its literal value, let me rephrase it. You actually don't make your living in a field wherein linquistic skills and analytic reasoning are important, do you?

Dan D. Doty
07-18-2008, 11:49 PM

Its hard to get kicked off CU ( very hard indeed).

But all the losers who've come over here and acted like " their sh*t don't stink " , have always crawled backed to DU and told the Denizens Of The Monkey House that they were kicked off; this way they score brown point with the Legion Of Dunces without having to do anything of substance.

We need another Thunderdome where we can debate these yoyos one on one.

Too bad DU doesn't have the balls to do a thunderdome of their own.

Sonnabend
07-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Since you insist on taking the question at its literal value, let me rephrase it. You actually don't make your living in a field wherein linquistic skills and analytic reasoning are important, do you?

..says the man with the Leisure Suit Larry avatar :).

biccat
07-19-2008, 08:42 AM
I was having a bad day and being an ass for no reason whatsoever. Of course, taking the argument personally was dumb on each of our parts.

And I will defer to you on the subjects of hicks, simplistic platitudes, and shallow reasoning, so please try to refrain from assertions outside of your specialities.
You do realize that most of us live outside the liberal hellholes of the Northeast, right? Calling us "hicks" doesn't really affect us very much. Besides, doesn't the socially liberal conclave of greatness that is New York City have one of the worst public school systems in the country, while us "socially backwards" hicks in flyover country generally have the best public schools? Also, it's "specialties."

I don't see why you continue to be offended by references regarding your proclivity towards loose women who have no moral qualms about trading money for their dignity. Is it offensive because you think that your affection for your girlfriend is based on the same lack of morality? Or in fewer words, are you upset because you're dating a whore?

That would be "linguistic." Also, yes.

Cold Warrior
07-19-2008, 10:36 AM
I was having a bad day and being an ass for no reason whatsoever. Of course, taking the argument personally was dumb on each of our parts.

I would suggest taking a mydol on days like that. On each of our parts? :confused:

In response to a perfectly valid and equally innocuous statement, this kind of statement does not reflect the attitude of each of us.

You do realize that most of us live outside the liberal hellholes of the Northeast, right? Calling us "hicks" doesn't really affect us very much. Besides, doesn't the socially liberal conclave of greatness that is New York City have one of the worst public school systems in the country, while us "socially backwards" hicks in flyover country generally have the best public schools?

I really don't care about the public school systems as that's not a measure of the quality of living that really affects me. If I ever decide to have children (God forbid), I certainly wouldn't send them to public schools in any case.

Also, it's "specialties."

Really?

Main Entry (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/specialities): spe·ci·al·i·ty
Pronunciation: \ˌspe-shē-ˈa-lə-tē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural spe·ci·al·i·ties
Date: 15th century
1: a special mark or quality
2: a special object or class of objects
3 a: a special aptitude or skill b: specialty

I don't see why you continue to be offended by references regarding your proclivity towards loose women who have no moral qualms about trading money for their dignity. Is it offensive because you think that your affection for your girlfriend is based on the same lack of morality?

Oh noes!!! Evil loose city women.

http://www.hillbilly-music.com/images/bio/0/10986.jpg

It's not that I'm particularly offended as I actually enjoy discussing this particular hobby. However, it does make other members of the board uncomfortable so, therefore, unless it has direct bearing upon the subject matter, as with the Spitzer threads, I prefer to avoid it.

Or in fewer words, are you upset because you're dating a whore?

I think it's generally against the rules of this board to attack members of a poster's family (including I suppose girlfriends) when they themselves are not members of the board. I, therefore, won't dignify this with a response other than noting my girlfriend holds both a MD as well as a DDS, already makes more than you do at the end of her first year out of school, and will in another 4-5 years be pulling in around .5M per year.

That would be "linguistic." Also, yes.

Yes, indeed it is linguistic. However, it's amazing that you can make a living doing such.

BSR
07-19-2008, 11:50 AM
noting my girlfriend holds both a MD as well as a DDS

So your girlfriend went to 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, 2 years of residence at a hospital to turn around take a pay cut, and become a dentist ??? Instead of saving lives as a MD, she is fixing cavities as a DDS.

I think we found the CU version of TIT... :rolleyes:

Cold Warrior
07-19-2008, 12:10 PM
So your girlfriend went to 4 years of college, 8 years of medical school, 2 years of residence at a hospital to turn around a become a dentist ???

I think we found the CU version of TIT... :rolleyes:

It's sad you're as ignorant as you are. First, doctors in this country don't go to "4 years of college and 8 years of medical school." Rather, they go to 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school and, for the more general specialties, 4 years of residency. They are a MD when they graduate from medical school.

However, she's not from this country. In hers, you go to 6 years of college/medical school (effectively eliminating the first 2 years of the general education we get in college here), becoming a MD, and then residency. When I met her she was completing her first year of residency.

When we moved here, she could have gone directly into residency. She looked at the state of American medicine, with the more general practicioners making around $150k-$200k and decided to go into dentistry, a much more lucrative field right now and one that will be less affected by socialized medicine. Columbia had a program for foreign MDs that enabled her to only go 1/2 time during the first 3 semesters. That's why we lived in NYC for four years, btw.

I understand you've probably never been outside of the country and think that all the world does things like we do, but they don't.

He is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature.
-George Bernard Shaw

BSR
07-19-2008, 12:15 PM
It's sad you're as ignorant as you are. First, doctors in this country don't go to "4 years of college and 8 years of medical school." Rather, they go to 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school and, for the more general specialties, 4 years of residency. They are a MD when they graduate from medical school.

However, she's not from this country. In hers, you go to 6 years of college/medical school (effectively eliminating the first 2 years of the general education we get in college here), becoming a MD, and then residency. When I met her she was completing her first year of residency.

When we moved here, she could have gone directly into residency. She looked at the state of American medicine, with the more general practicioners making around $150k-$200k and decided to go into dentistry, a much more lucrative field right now and one that will be less affected by socialized medicine. Columbia had a program for foreign MDs that enabled her to only go 1/2 time during the first 3 semesters. That's why we lived in NYC for four years, btw.

I understand you've probably never been outside of the country and think that all the world does things like we do, but they don't.

Sure thing TIT.. All your stories are bullshit..

on edit: I'm not going to argue with you. Its pointless. You can be any persona you want on the internet. A flamboyant jet setting "consultant" with a doctor/dentist/race car driving girlfriend. Or a average guy from Kentucky who works in a plant making oil filters.You cant prove any of it, and I don't believe any of it. Its sad how much you desire the need to be admired from a group of people you will never meet. In the past, you and I would go blow for blow in the dome till I got banned for taking things to far in our 'Who's got a bigger dick" contest. But today I'll keep my dick in my pants. I dont care enough to play this game with you or anyone anymore..

LibraryLady
07-19-2008, 12:20 PM
CWinCT

biccat
07-19-2008, 03:55 PM
and will in another 4-5 years be pulling in around .5M per year.
Oh woe is me. She will be making $500,000 a year in 4-5 years. At that point maybe she will be able to afford a 2 bedroom apartment in the wonderful utopia of New York City.

Of course, my wife and I are about to buy a 2000+ square foot house on a third of an acre, despite the fact that apparently I don't make jack. :rolleyes: