PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton's court fight starts TODAY!

Apocalypse
09-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Washington, DC -- September 14, 2009

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that a lawsuit challenging the constitutional eligibility of Hillary Clinton to be Secretary of State (Rodearmel v. Clinton, et al. (http://www.judicialwatch.org/rodearmel-v-clinton), (D. District of Columbia)) will be heard by a special three-judge panel of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia:

Date: Wednesday, September 16
Time: 9:30 AM ET
The E. Barrett Prettyman Federal Courthouse
333 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001
At issue is Hillary Clinton's constitutional ineligibility to serve as Secretary of State. Article I, section 6 of the U.S. Constitution provides:

"No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States, which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been encreased during such time."
This provision, known as the "Emoluments" or "Ineligibility" clause is an absolute prohibition and does not allow for any exceptions. The "Ineligibility Clause" is interpreted by most as designed by our Founding Fathers to protect against corruption, limit the size of government, and ensure the separation of powers among the three branches of government.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/news/2009/sep/september-14-2009-hearing-week-lawsuit-challenging-hillary-clintons-constitutional-eli

Hope she loses!

Speedy
09-16-2009, 02:46 PM
I think Hillary is secretly wishing that she gets removed. Saves her the trouble of quitting and Obammy is left with egg on his face. She has been treated like crap as SOS.

expat-pattaya
09-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Is she the first rep or senator to ever be made into SOS?

Apocalypse
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
One other I believe, and it was done by Nixon using some side stepping maneuvering.