PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Thread - Its great on sandwiches

FlaGator
09-17-2009, 07:57 AM
The weather here is great! Sunny and warm with scattered afternoon rain. The weather lady is predicting some heavy down pours this afternoon but hey we can use them.

TOTD: Since thought provoking TOTDs don't seem to spawn much activity I suspect we need a return to a old standby, condiments that suck. Sweet relish is disgusting and those who "relish" it's use should be deported to a small active volcanic island in Indonesia. What crap do you think should never, ever be put on a sandwich.

linda22003
09-17-2009, 08:18 AM
You're not even trying, are you? :p

French's mustard. Bright yellow, flavorless stuff.

Gingersnap
09-17-2009, 09:36 AM
We're still locked into the low to mid 70s with sometimes showery afternoons. If I see another feral apple, I can't be responsible for my potential reaction. We have hundreds of apples, maybe thousands. :(

TOTD: I don't eat relish either although I see nothing wrong with ballpark-style mustard. Hummus is pretty horrifying on a sandwich, though. This happens to me more than to the ordinary person because I sometimes eat lunch out at various fancy-pants organic places. You have to question the staff very closely at those places. :eek:

BSR
09-17-2009, 10:37 AM
smashed up potato chips on a sandwich. What the hell?

Rockntractor
09-17-2009, 11:24 AM
onions!

Zathras
09-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Have to disagree with all of the above except for the hummus (never had that).

I consider hot dogs to be in the same category as sandwiches and I wouldn't think of getting one without the sweet relish, onions and yellow mustard. French's is also good on pastrami or corned beef. And I grew up with onions, the purple ones, mixed in with my tuna salad. I haven't done the potato clips on the sandwich in a long time....think that's more of a kid thing but wouldn't stop me from doing it today.

Shannon
09-18-2009, 10:24 PM

I love Doritos in my sandwich.:D

gator
09-19-2009, 02:45 PM

That doesn't surprise me but I thought you would have said cigarette ashes.

Troll
09-19-2009, 03:12 PM
I hate relish, olives and tomatoes.

Hummus isn't bad on sandwiches if you don't have any mustard, but if I don't have mayo, the sandwich doesn't get made. I like chips on sandwiches too, but I rarely have any around.

BSR
09-19-2009, 03:13 PM

Why am I not surprised.. :rolleyes:

FlaGator
09-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I hate relish, olives and tomatoes.

Hummus isn't bad on sandwiches if you don't have any mustard, but if I don't have mayo, the sandwich doesn't get made. I like chips on sandwiches too, but I rarely have any around.

You and I have similar likes. I don't like tomatoes but I like tomato products. I also don't even think about making a sandwich if there is not mayo available.

Troll
09-19-2009, 06:31 PM
You and I have similar likes. I don't like tomatoes but I like tomato products. I also don't even think about making a sandwich if there is not mayo available.

Same. I can drink tomato sauce or salsa right out of the jar. That would be another good day thread - Best Pasta Sauce/Salsa.

Do you like olives?

Phillygirl
09-19-2009, 06:43 PM

Perfect on a pb&j...preferably sour cream and onion or barbecue.

BSR
09-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Perfect on a pb&j...preferably sour cream and onion or barbecue.

What is wrong with you?:mad: