PDA

View Full Version : DUmmy running for Texas Railroad Commissioner

ralph wiggum
09-17-2009, 03:33 PM
grantcart (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-16-09 02:29 PM
Original message
DU Exclusive -- Active DUer announces candidacy for Statewide Office (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6563121)

It is with great pleasure that I am able to advise all DUers that an active DUer is announcing candidacy for statewide office.

Jeff Weems is announcing his candidacy for Texas Railroad Commissioner.

The office, a partisan statewide position, has something of an archaic name and nothing to do with railroads but still has major relevance for vast interests in Texas.

The Texas Railroad Commission was formed in the 1890’s to protect farmers from predatory pricing by the railroads. The Texas Legislature later gave the Commission additional regulatory responsibilities, primarily over trucking and oil and gas exploration and production. Over the years, the Commission’s authority over railroads and trucking was reduced, and finally eliminated altogether in 2005.

The Texas Railroad Commission is currently responsible for:

•Regulating oil and gas exploration and production;
•Regulating pipeline (both natural gas and hazardous liquid) safety;
•Regulating certain coal and uranium surface mining operations;
•Setting rates for pipelines and for natural gas utilities;
•Regulating natural gas utility safety measures; and
•Creating and applying programs designed to promote the use of and market for Liquefied Petroleum (LP) or Propane gas.

Jeff's key focus on this campaign is committed to:

ensuring Texas’ vibrant energy industry, protecting Texas’ environment, giving consumers a voice at the commission, and restoring the good name and reputation of the Texas Railroad Commissioners.

Jeff's first policy position in announcing his campaign is to significantly reduce lobbyists ability to influence commission business.

“I propose that Railroad Commissioners be treated like Supreme Court justices – in other words, Texas Railroad Commissioners should be allowed to accept campaign contributions only for the period beginning 9 months before the primary election through a few months after the general election. In these times of energy uncertainty,” Weems said, “Texans must have confidence in the integrity of their commissioners’ decision-making, and that these decisions are not unduly influenced by campaign contributions.” Weems added that this restriction should apply both to campaign contributions and to gifts from lobbyists.

Jeff's website is here: http://jeffweemsforcommissioner.com/contact /

You can send him an email here: jeff@jeffweemsforcommissioner.com

Today is also Jeff's Birthday!

Please join me in congratulating Jeff, send him a personal message and if you are able and inclined a contribution. He will now be posting under jeffweemsforRRC here at DU and is retiring his old name so that past postings here cannot be used by partisan opponents out of context. I can simply say that he had a very strong voice and his opinions were always very reasonable.

Anyone up for researching this DUmmy's past posts (under his old name, if we can figure it out)?

Also, feel free to contact the following person, Republican Victor G. Carrillo, who might be interested:

commissioner.carrillo@rrc.state.tx.us

BSR
09-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Anyone up for researching this DUmmy's past posts (under his old name, if we can figure it out)?

Also, feel free to contact the following person, Republican Victor G. Carrillo, who might be interested:

commissioner.carrillo@rrc.state.tx.us

Who needs past posts? The fact that he is a member of DU will guarantee a loss for him once his opposition gets a hold of it.

ralph wiggum
09-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Who needs past posts? The fact that he is a member of DU will guarantee a loss for him once his opposition gets a hold of it.

I tend to agree. His opposition has already been contacted about his DUmp membership, BTW. :cool:

Dan D. Doty
09-17-2009, 06:22 PM
I tend to agree. His opposition has already been contacted about his DUmp membership, BTW. :cool:

This is going to be fun :D

SarasotaRepub
09-17-2009, 08:39 PM

LOL!! His opposition should ask him in public why he belongs to a kook
Left site like DU and why he felt the need to change his name. What
is he hiding??? Is he a LIHOP/MIHOPer??? Does he agree with
spooked911 that nukes were used on the TT's??? Does he like
chicken wire models??? :D:D:D

BSR
09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL!! His opposition should ask him in public why he belongs to a kook
Left site like DU and why he felt the need to change his name. What
is he hiding??? Is he a LIHOP/MIHOPer??? Does he agree with
spooked911 that nukes were used on the TT's??? Does he like
chicken wire models??? :D:D:D

Someone needs to look up one of their "My name is Blah Blah, and I'm not afraid of you anymore" threads they have twice a month.. He's probably in one of those :rolleyes:

BSR
09-17-2009, 08:55 PM
By the way.. Changing your screen name isnt going to help you pony boy... Your comrades at the DUmp will bury your candidacy for you since you are a member..

You have a better shot at being Queen of the Universe than RR Commissioner now...

Rockntractor
09-17-2009, 08:59 PM
By the way.. Changing your screen name isnt going to help you pony boy... Your comrades at the DUmp will bury your candidacy for you since you are a member..

You have a better shot at being Queen of the Universe than RR Commissioner now...

Racist!

MountainMan
09-17-2009, 11:16 PM

This brings back memories....... :D

ralph wiggum
09-18-2009, 02:10 AM

Gee, I wonder why.....

:D

ralph wiggum
09-18-2009, 02:11 AM

Although, you got someone fired. This time, we're just going to make sure that someone doesn't get elected.

MountainMan
09-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Although, you got someone fired. This time, we're just going to make sure that someone doesn't get elected.

details...details....... :cool:

I completely agree that keeping DUmmies from office is a much bigger concern.

BSR
09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
details...details....... :cool:

I completely agree that keeping DUmmies from office is a much bigger concern.

LOL... I remember that one. :D

Teetop
09-18-2009, 05:12 PM
If the DUmmie comes to Lubbock or Amarillo, I will have a T-shirt made up saying, "What was your DUmmie nickname?" Then ask lots of questions...

SPYDER
09-18-2009, 05:44 PM
I contacted the Texas RR commission today with a link to the post by Jeff Weems. I said nothing bad about Jim, but that they should look into his "views" on how things should be run.

If you notice, he keeps his views pretty well sugarcoated as to avoid controversy. But its plain to see how slanted he is.

Also I remember back in the 70's and 80's you had to have a Texas RR permit to drive a semi across the state.

aka:PBS
09-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I wonder if he knows that we are on to him.....:D

SarasotaRepub
09-18-2009, 08:13 PM
I wonder if he knows that we are on to him.....:D

Nope. After all, Skinner tells them to ignore us. :D

FDK
09-19-2009, 11:34 AM
The DUmmie's posts should be sent to his opponent. :D

ralph wiggum
09-19-2009, 01:14 PM
The DUmmie's posts should be sent to his opponent. :D

Not to worry, a number of us have already contacted his opponent.

MoshMasterD
09-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Not to worry, a number of us have already contacted his opponent.

Where can we find him, Ralphie? :D

ralph wiggum
09-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Where can we find him, Ralphie? :D

The opponent or the DUmmy? :confused:

I posted the opponent's e-mail up-thread a ways. I'm sure he can be contacted via his website, didn't bother to look it up though.

RobJohnson
09-24-2009, 12:43 AM

:D

MoshMasterD
09-24-2009, 03:15 AM
The opponent or the DUmmy? :confused:

I posted the opponent's e-mail up-thread a ways. I'm sure he can be contacted via his website, didn't bother to look it up though.

The Opponent. Sorry about that.