PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck vs. Rush Limbaugh

megimoo
09-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Glenn Beck vs. Rush Limbaugh
"Beck is the man of the moment,"

"Clever little hit piece on Rush Limbaugh using Glenn Beck as the foil,scratch a news critter and always find a liberal !"

GOP media strategist Mark McKinnon thinks there are two people in the world who fear Glenn Beck even if "neither will admit it."

The first is Barack Obama.

The second is Rush Limbaugh.

Beck is on a huge roll. Over the last month, the right-wing Fox News talker has claimed the scalp of the president's green jobs czar; motivated thousands of conservatives to turn out for town hall meetings and a Sept. 12 march on Washington; pummeled Democrats over ACORN and Obama's czars; and landed himself a spot on the cover of Time magazine.

"Beck is the man of the moment," says the Weekly Standard's Michael Goldfarb. "Everybody in town is watching him, waiting to see what he'll do next, who he'll take down next."

But if Beck is the man of the moment, where does that leave Rush?

In an e-mail to POLITICO, Limbaugh said any attempt to compare him with Beck in terms of Washington influence rests on a "flawed premise."

"I do not, and never have, measured my success in ways you describe, such as 'impact' in Washington," Limbaugh said. "I am a broadcaster and judge my success by those standards."

By those standards, the slimmed-down Limbaugh is still large and in charge.

He reaches a much bigger radio audience, with somewhere between 15 and 30 million listeners on more than 600 stations around the country. He's ranked No. 1 on the "Heavy Hundred" list put out by the industry magazine Talkers (Beck is fifth); he tops Mediaite's power grid of radio hosts; and this week, The Atlantic installed Limbaugh and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman atop its list of "the most influential commentators in the nation."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/27282.html#ixzz0RQeSTQGW

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/27282.html

enslaved1
09-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes, Beck is the man of the moment. All eyes are on him. But does he have the foundation and the staying power to maintain that tower? I really don't know, I haven't watched or listened to Beck to any great degree to form an opinion. Is Rush afraid? I sincerely doubt it. Like him or not, Rush is considered the bedrock of talk radio, especially conservative talk radio. He is well established and well entrenched. Rush has nothing to fear. Someone somewhere will always be willing to tune him in, and somewhere, radio stations will always recognize his draw of listeners and advertising dollars.

CueSi
09-18-2009, 05:47 PM
And many who listen to one, listen to the other. They're pretty much saying the same thing. I know I usually try to catch Rush on the radio or in print... and get Glenn on TV.

To play them off each other as competitors is lame.

~QC