PDA

View Full Version : Why is McCain Wasting Time at NAACP??

mike128
07-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Earlier today, John McCain spoke at the 99th annual convention of the NAACP in Cincinnati, Ohio. During his speech, McCain touted his support for more choices in education.

That's all fine and good. But does John McCain really believe that speaking in front of the NAACP will gain him a single black vote?? And now with conservatives like J.C. Watts and Armstrong Williams actually contemplating the possibility of voting for "The Messiah", why is John McCain even wasting his time??

Theophilus
07-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Earlier today, John McCain spoke at the 99th annual convention of the NAACP in Cincinnati, Ohio. During his speech, McCain touted his support for more choices in education.

That's all fine and good. But does John McCain really believe that speaking in front of the NAACP will gain him a single black vote?? And now with conservatives like J.C. Watts and Armstrong Williams actually contemplating the possibility of voting for "The Messiah", why is John McCain even wasting his time??

Every vote counts and they are people who vote. I don't think he looks at them and considers the color of their skin. I suspect they aren't "black" votes to him whatever that means. :confused:

lacarnut
07-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Every vote counts and they are people who vote. I don't think he looks at them and considers the color of their skin. I suspect they aren't "black" votes to him whatever that means. :confused:

I agree with that plus there some blacks will vote for McCain because of his qualifications and the tax issue.

LibraryLady
07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Take in to consideration what would be said if he didn't go.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-16-2008, 08:39 PM

The SAME stuff that will be said if he DOES go - except there will be cuts to the crowd booing or being in some way obnoxious.

It is a no - win situation for anyone the Left does not prefer.

Theophilus
07-16-2008, 08:48 PM
I agree with that plus there some blacks will vote for McCain because of his qualifications and the tax issue.You bet. He's being heard in the community and while the message doesn't resonate with all it will with some who actually take the time to listen.

When a politician speaks to a speical interest group that I associate with I am going to tune in and hear the message.

jeskibuff
07-16-2008, 09:10 PM
does John McCain really believe that speaking in front of the NAACP will gain him a single black vote?? And now with conservatives like J.C. Watts and Armstrong Williams actually contemplating the possibility of voting for "The Messiah", why is John McCain even wasting his time??The worst thing Republicans can do is to dismiss the black vote, assuming that they can't be swayed away from the Democratic party. Such action merely reinforces the idea that Republicans don't care as much about blacks as the Democrats do. The thing to do is to break the stranglehold that the Democrats have created...show blacks that they're being played by Democrats and that Republican policies will be in their best interests (which they are). Why let the Democrats get a free ride with black voters? Challenge the sensibilities of their policies in front of such groups and you're sure to sway some people who have at least a little bit of logic and common sense.

It won't have instant results, as decades of ingrained Democratic propaganda will have to be eroded, but it's certainly not a lost cause. Kudos to McCain!

xavierob82
07-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Armstrong Williams? Wasn't he the one who claimed not too long ago that liberals and Democrats were secretly racists and hated blacks?

My, doesn't he look like a fool now.

lacarnut
07-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Armstrong Williams? Wasn't he the one who claimed not too long ago that liberals and Democrats were secretly racists and hated blacks?

My, doesn't he look like a fool now.

J C Watts & Armstrong Williams both stated that they were excited about the prospect of a black man becoming president. I can understand that. They said that although they do not share Obama's views on most policy issues that they MAY vote for him. We will see in Nov. A lot of folks that are not too enthusiastic about McCain will pull the lever for McCain when they get into that voting booth.

I don't place much credence in these polls or who is supporting this or that candidate; I think McCain will slaughter Obama.

07-17-2008, 06:31 AM
The worst thing Republicans can do is to dismiss the black vote, assuming that they can't be swayed away from the Democratic party. Such action merely reinforces the idea that Republicans don't care as much about blacks as the Democrats do. The thing to do is to break the stranglehold that the Democrats have created...show blacks that they're being played by Democrats and that Republican policies will be in their best interests (which they are). Why let the Democrats get a free ride with black voters? Challenge the sensibilities of their policies in front of such groups and you're sure to sway some people who have at least a little bit of logic and common sense.

It won't have instant results, as decades of ingrained Democratic propaganda will have to be eroded, but it's certainly not a lost cause. Kudos to McCain!

They should not dismiss the black vote - not by a long shot, but the NAACP is a corrupt organization that is in the pocket of the Dems. It should be exposed for what it is and the legitimate groups should be held up as something to honor.

jeskibuff
07-17-2008, 06:44 AM
I don't place much credence in these polls or who is supporting this or that candidate; I think McCain will slaughter Obama.Yeah, when the polls say it's a dead heat, that probably means that McCain is ahead by double digits. Since the word "slaughter" may be a little harsh, maybe we should just hope that McCain ends up "cutting Obama's nuts off"??

They should not dismiss the black vote - not by a long shot, but the NAACP is a corrupt organization that is in the pocket of the Dems.Can you name ANYTHING involving Democrats that is NOT corrupt??

07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Can you name ANYTHING involving Democrats that is NOT corrupt??

Well, I've spent the last 8 hours or so researching this intensely, as well as spending the last 40 or so years at least casually examining this very question.

I must inform you that no, I cannot.

jeskibuff
07-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Well, I've spent the last 8 hours or so researching this intensely, as well as spending the last 40 or so years at least casually examining this very question.

I must inform you that no, I cannot.I rest my case! ;)

But I understand what you're saying. To attend an NAACP meeting may give the appearance that you're legitimizing such a corrupt organization, but it's got to be considered an opportunity to counter the propaganda that they constantly deliver. The good thing is that they will allow someone like John McCain to speak there, and that's a chance to reverse the brainwashing, if only minutely. If someone delivered a message to a group like Hamas or Hezbollah that opposed their viewpoint, they'd most likely end up dead. The Democrats are corrupt, but they're not THAT corrupt....yet!

Goldwater
07-18-2008, 09:13 AM
It doesn't hurt to go.

Rebel Yell
07-18-2008, 09:29 AM
They should not dismiss the black vote - not by a long shot, but the NAACP is a corrupt organization that is in the pocket of the Dems. It should be exposed for what it is and the legitimate groups should be held up as something to honor.

Exactly, he might as well be speaking in front of the DNC.

The real reason he's there is because there is only one thing a person can be accused of today that is worse than "Child Molester", and that is racist (for whites, anyway).

My wife asked me last night watching the replay of H & C, when will people put racism to bed and quit crying about who can and can't say ******? My belief is that way of thinking will stop when the madia and their ilk will shut the fuck up about race. Telling us not to think about race only reinforces thoughts about race. Example, "Don't think about vanilla ice cream for the next 10 seconds." Now what popped into your mind?

LogansPapa
07-18-2008, 03:14 PM

Nail-on-Head.:cool:

Rebel Yell
07-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Nail-on-Head.:cool:

Fuck 'em!!!! That's what's wrong now. If people would quit kissing organizations like the NAACP's asses and just say, "Fuck you, I'm not racist. I just don't like YOU!!!!!". People like Jesse and Al and yes Obama would lose what power they have.

LogansPapa
07-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Fuck 'em!!!! That's what's wrong now.

Canít run for president with an attitude like that. To do what McCain and Obama are doing - you have to set down, each and every day, and eat at least one shit sandwich.

Rebel Yell
07-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Canít run for president with an attitude like that. To do what McCain and Obama are doing - you have to set down, each and every day, and eat at least one shit sandwich.

And that's why we can't get any real leaders in Washington. Just a bunch of kiss asses.

LogansPapa
07-18-2008, 03:34 PM
P1: Tell'em what they want to hear. After you get elected - to Hell with them.;)

Rebel Yell
07-18-2008, 03:36 PM
P1: Tell'em what they want to hear. After you get elected - to Hell with them.;)

I would just love for once in my lifetime a Presidential race where both candidates say "This is what I stand for and if you disagree, then fuck you. Vote for the other guy."

Of course I can hope in one hand and "change" in the other.

LogansPapa
07-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Itís all down to what you soak in: A guy that services cesspools begins to smell like it after a while.

mike128
07-18-2008, 05:12 PM
This is my point, exactly. McCain can get black votes using common sense principles, without kissing up to the NAACP. Once again, I would like to reiterate that McCain's speech in front of a corrupt, race-based organization like the NAACP was simply a waste of time.

I think it's time to shut down the NAACP, once and for all.