PDA

View Full Version : New Government Policy Imposes Strict Standards on Garage Sales Nationwide

RobJohnson
09-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Americans who slap $1 pricetags on their used possessions at garage sales or bazaar events risk being slapped with fines of up to $15 million, thanks to a new government campaign.

The "Resale Round-up," launched by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, enforces new limits on lead in children's products and makes it illegal to sell any items that don't meet those limits or have been recalled for any other reason.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,552021,00.html

stsinner
09-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Further down the toilet we go.....

megimoo
09-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Further down the toilet we go.....When's the real revolution going to start ?

noonwitch
09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
But they're still not going to ban the dutch people in Grand Rapids from selling used underwear at garage sales?

And, yes, this is true. People in Grand Rapids are that cheap. When my mom first had a garage sale, one customer even asked her why she didn't have any used underpants for sale.

stsinner
09-18-2009, 01:57 PM
When's the real revolution going to start ?

I mean, really!! How the hell are you supposed to know the lead levels in your kids' toys and track every damned recall that comes out!!?? It's stupidity.

the solution is simple-just have every visitor to every yard sale be greeted with a release just like when buying a house saying that you have no idea the lead levels or if anything was recalled and you're selling without guarantee of either... We did it for the lead levels in our house when we bought it..

stsinner
09-18-2009, 01:58 PM
But they're still not going to ban the dutch people in Grand Rapids from selling used underwear at garage sales?

And, yes, this is true. People in Grand Rapids are that cheap. When my mom first had a garage sale, one customer even asked her why she didn't have any used underpants for sale.

Sell them? Never! They go to the kids..

lacarnut
09-18-2009, 02:11 PM

Never heard of selling used underwear. You live in a f. up community.

Elspeth
09-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Great. Go after the people who are trying to make strained ends meet by having garage sales. Great thing to do during a recession. Crappy in the EXTREME.