PDA

View Full Version : Shelton(WA) man fears losing 'Service Snake',"Man what a weird day ! "

megimoo
09-19-2009, 01:09 PM
"The 'Screw Balls' Are Coming out of the woodwork !"

SHELTON, Wash. - Itís been months since Daniel Greene, an epileptic, has had a dangerous seizure. He credits his python, "Red Rock."

Greene said heís trained the 5-foot-long snake to warn him when heís about to have a seizure.

The Shelton man claims the snake notices when his temperature rises, a sign he's about to have a seizure. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Greene is allowed to bring his snake, which is usually wrapped around his neck, into any public place.

The ADA protects the rights of the disabled to have service animals in public places. According to the...snip

"I had to jump a couple of hoops and prove to the Human Rights Commission themselves that he did a service, that he did his job," said Greene.

"The way I pay him is I give him food, I give him shelter, I give him love, I give him everything that says this is your pay, this is what you've earned."

The U.S. Department of Justice is looking at limiting which animals should receive service protection. Greene is afraid the designation will only be allowed for dogs.

"Iíll never be able to leave my home," said Greene.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_091809WAB-service-snake-shelton-KS.19223b6e3.html

expat-pattaya
09-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Surreal. I bet he believes it too.

Sonnabend
09-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Surreal. I bet he believes it too.

Ever see what animals do just before an earthquake?

Rockntractor
09-19-2009, 08:47 PM
The only time we have an earthquake around here is when my sister in law comes to visit. Normally food animals run!