PDA

View Full Version : edwards is not very well liked in DUmmyland

aka:PBS
09-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Unsane (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-19-09 03:30 PM
Original message
Edwards promised Hunter a rooftop wedding as soon as wife Elizabeth died
Advertisements [?]per nytimes

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/us/politics/20edwards...

"In the proposal, which The New York Times examined, Mr. Young asserts that he assisted the affair by setting up private meetings between Mr. Edwards and Ms. Hunter. He wrote that Mr. Edwards once calmed an anxious Ms. Hunter by promising her that after his wife died, he would marry her in a rooftop ceremony in New York with an appearance by the Dave Matthews Band."

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=8662361&mesg_id=8662361

Beacool (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-19-09 02:19 PM
Original message
In Edwards Scandal, a Chapter Winds Down
Advertisements [?]Edited on Sat Sep-19-09 02:20 PM by Beacool

By NEIL A. LEWIS
Published: September 19, 2009

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The story of the spectacular rise and fall of John Edwards, with its sordid can’t-look-away dimensions, is moving slowly but deliberately to its conclusion here in North Carolina.

Mr. Edwards, the one-term senator who came close to being elected vice president in 2004 and ran a credible campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008, remains largely secluded at his 100-acre estate here.

But a federal grand jury in nearby Raleigh is investigating whether any crimes were committed in connection with campaign laws in an effort to conceal his extramarital affair with a woman named Rielle Hunter. At the same time, Mr. Edwards is moving toward an abrupt reversal in his public posture; associates said in interviews that he is considering declaring that he is the father of Ms. Hunter’s 19-month-old daughter, something that he once flatly asserted in a television interview was not possible.

Friends and other associates of Mr. Edwards and his wife of 32 years, Elizabeth, say she has resisted the idea of her husband’s claiming paternity. Mrs. Edwards, who is battling cancer, “has yet to be brought around,” said one family friend, who like others spoke about the situation on the condition of anonymity, pointing to the complicated and delicate nature of the issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/us/politics/20edwards...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=8662266&mesg_id=8662266

bluestateguy (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-19-09 02:23 PM
Response to Original message
1. Ugh. If he had been the nominee in 2008...
I shudder to think if how ugly that would have turned out.

Vice President Palin (for awhile anyway).

Neecy (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-19-09 03:32 PM
Response to Original message
21. Hey Johnny, was it worth it?
Maybe so, since this woman is moving nearby with his child...Jesus Christ.

The full article is really devastating - not only does it ruin him professionally but it trashes him personally, as he deserves.

What an utter sleazebag.

Not to many defenders of edwards in these threads

stsinner
09-19-2009, 04:20 PM
WHAT???!!! I thought that cheating our your cancer-stricken wife and fathering a bastard baby would get you right to the top of the respect ladder in Liberal Land... Now I'm confused... Clinton got blowjobs in the Oval Office and lied and cheated and stole his way through 8 years and he's a hero to the Libs..

Teetop
09-19-2009, 06:14 PM
WHAT???!!! I thought that cheating our your cancer-stricken wife and fathering a bastard baby would get you right to the top of the respect ladder in Liberal Land... Now I'm confused... Clinton got blowjobs in the Oval Office and lied and cheated and stole his way through 8 years and he's a hero to the Libs..

*Channeling Larry the cable guy*

I don't care who you are, that's funny!

djones520
09-21-2009, 05:44 AM
How quickly they turn on their hero's.

Ree
09-21-2009, 06:25 AM
How quickly they turn on their hero's.
Why just settle for a 'hero" when ya can have a "messiah"....:cool:

SarasotaRepub
09-21-2009, 06:37 AM
The Edwards stuff is pretty funny.

At first, the story was all "VRWC LIES...LIES I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "ROVE PLOT!!!!"

Then the pics came out and a few there shouted "PHOTOSHOP LIES!!!!!!!111!!!!".

Finally, it sunk in that everything was true...some still said "It's his PRIVATE LIFE,
LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!1!!!!" But when they realized dipshit "can't keep his dick
in his pants with a cancer stricken wife" Edwards would ruin a change for
a Dem Presidency...the call went out far and wide at DUmmyLand..."EDWARDS
IS SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::D

3rd-try
09-21-2009, 06:39 AM
They'd still love him if the affair had just been with a dude........

SaintLouieWoman
09-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Edwards has Elizabeth so angry that she's probably hanging on to life with all her might---just to spite the bastard. For her own good, wish she'd leave him and get some peace for her final days.

How inconvenient for him that she still is leaving. And how tacky of him to move the mistress so close to his house. He's the king of sleaze and tackiness.