PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama Wears Suicide Belt, Blows Up Fashion Sense.

megimoo
09-20-2009, 08:55 AM
"OH HOW CRUEL THESE FASHION GURUS CAN BE !"

I know what she is trying to do. She wants to channel Jackie O, but she comes across as a Walmart wannabe.Is this the best her staff of 20+ clucking hens can come up with?

Her every outfit is progressively worse and her "Jackie O on the Shortbus" look is not catching on.Is America rushing to imitate the trends of the first lady? NO.
Are women's fashions showing up with belts worn under the bosom? NO.
Are trendy stores introducing a line of Fabulous Fall MO clothing? NO.

Its time to come out and say it.Michelle, your outfits are worse than unattractive. They make you look like a cheap poser not a first lady. Even the poorest Thrift Store shoppers look better than you. Your choice of outfits have NO class. When you sit next to first ladies from other nations you are always the worst dressed.

Republican or Democrat, this MUST be said:I have no idea who is advising the first lady, but her outfits are pathetic.

http://mrmannn.blogspot.com/

NJCardFan
09-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Look at past First Ladies. All of these women dressed in a classy, demure fashion. Even Hillary. Then here comes Michele Obama who looks like she shops at the Goodwill. If this woman doesn't top Mr. Blackwell's list there's something wrong.

Rockntractor
09-20-2009, 10:53 AM
She needs to shave half her head and have fishing tackle embedded in various places on her face. That would complete her look!

linda22003
09-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Look at past First Ladies. All of these women dressed in a classy, demure fashion. Even Hillary. Then here comes Michele Obama who looks like she shops at the Goodwill. If this woman doesn't top Mr. Blackwell's list there's something wrong.

Sadly, Mr. Blackwell died several months ago - arguably just when we needed him most.

Teetop
09-20-2009, 11:21 AM
She needs to shave half her head and have fishing tackle embedded in various places on her face. That would complete her look!

What an absolute waste, of perfectly good fishing tackle.

linda22003
09-20-2009, 11:25 AM
What drives me crazy is that she CAN look terrific. This is a picture of her from Vogue, taken in a Narciso Rodriguez gown in the autumn of 2008. I think no matter what you think of her politics or her husband or her usual dress sense, you have to admit she looks stunning here.

This would have looked great at an inaugural ball; instead, she wore what appeared to be a chenille bedspread. (Sorry, it won't post as an image for some reason).

http://c2.api.ning.com/files/hGLPTlC-OmuQZ0MMQ-onUPfWGzQ6hVfrMWswSyoPI0GFj0OuVLn1HrQ5H2tcN-bGf-8Q6MArtxtp5WZb38kf*xTP-59oqpCb/MichelleObamaVogueJan20093.jpg

stsinner
09-20-2009, 11:31 AM
That thread title was cruel.. I had a semi going on.. Then I read it.. What a let-down..

Rockntractor
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/MichelleObamaVogueJan20093.jpg?t=1253460630

stsinner
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/MichelleObamaVogueJan20093.jpg?t=1253460630

Ugly as hell.. She looks like Grace Jones. And what's up with no wedding ring?

Rockntractor
09-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Ugly as hell.. She looks like Grace Jones.

I would have to admit she looks pretty good here. She always has just a trace of that natural scowl though.

stsinner
09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
She always has just a trace of that natural scowl though.

Maybe that's what I find so distasteful about her-the look of disgust she always has on her face.. That, coupled with the asinine speech about finally being proud of her country, just sully her in my view.. I just can't begin to like her.

Rockntractor
09-20-2009, 11:38 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/633759063635561240-andthen.jpg?t=1253461064

linda22003
09-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Ugly as hell.. She looks like Grace Jones. And what's up with no wedding ring?

Of course she will look ugly to you, because she is black. I don't wear my wedding rings 24/7, do you?

noonwitch
09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Ever since Obama took office, her wardrobe has gone downhill. I liked the green/yellow dress that she wore to the swearing in, but the ball gown looked like an Oscar night mistake. She wore some nice things during the campaign.

stsinner
09-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Of course she will look ugly to you, because she is black. I don't wear my wedding rings 24/7, do you?

Once again, your racism insult falls flat, you ignorant bitch.. I think Halle Berry is very attractive, Nia Long, and Gabrielle Union.. Alicia Kyes, Rihanna, and Meagan Good, all beautiful black women.. I just think that Michelle Obama is ugly as hell and looks like a camel..

Keep trying though.

As far as the wedding ring,I think that a married woman not wearing her wedding in public is trampy, especially in a publicity photo shoot when millions of young black women idolize you and their out of wedlock birth rate is 70%..

I'll bet that that pig is the first First Lady to ever be photographed without her wedding ring on... Challenge! She's proven that she has no class when it comes to how she dresses, so I guess I'm not surprised.

Why wouldn't a married woman wear her ring? I can't think of one good reason other than being pregnant, or something and retaining water..
My wife wears hers whenever she leaves the house-actually, I never see her without it on, but being an engineer I have to take mine off for work per the safety requirements..

linda22003
09-21-2009, 09:04 AM
I take mine off every night; it's not comfortable to sleep with all those diamonds in the bands. Sometimes I put them on in the morning, and sometimes I leave the house without them. Leaving the house without them usually means I'm in a hurry or distracted; not trampy. :rolleyes:

linda22003
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Thinking about it further (since I had no idea that wearing wedding rings was a moral decision until it was pointed out to me), I often wear other rings on that finger depending on what I'm wearing. Since my engagement ring has a nice-sized sapphire, it doesn't always "go" with what I'm wearing. Sometimes I'll just wear the diamond wedding band. Sometimes I'll leave them both off and wear a nice 2.5 carat emerald set in pave diamonds, which my husband gave me a couple of years ago.
Sometimes I'll wear my mother's multiple-diamond ring over her flat gold wedding band, instead of my own set.
I suppose those decisions are "wrong" as well?

stsinner
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM
I take mine off every night; it's not comfortable to sleep with all those diamonds in the bands. Sometimes I put them on in the morning, and sometimes I leave the house without them. Leaving the house without them usually means I'm in a hurry or distracted; not trampy. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I can see that.. I guess for some women it just means more than others.. Have you seen Gran Torino? Remember in the church scene near the beginning where the smart-ass kid makes the sign of the cross and while doing so says, "Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch?" Maybe you could come up with a catchy phrase for yourself like that to say before you leave the house to make sure you don't forget your wedding ring.. Maybe you could say, "Spectacles, cane, ball-and-chain..." :D

linda22003
09-21-2009, 09:23 AM
That "spectacles, testicles" saying has been around for decades. I've only heard Catholics say it, in my experience. :)

In the meantime, you learn something new every day. Women who don't wear their wedding rings in public are tramps. I never knew that before, but I'll take your word for it.

http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2008/10/8/21/736dfc93f66d9af94a3ddc91547cf798.jpg

stsinner
09-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Thinking about it further (since I had no idea that wearing wedding rings was a moral decision until it was pointed out to me), I often wear other rings on that finger depending on what I'm wearing. Since my engagement ring has a nice-sized sapphire, it doesn't always "go" with what I'm wearing. Sometimes I'll just wear the diamond wedding band. Sometimes I'll leave them both off and wear a nice 2.5 carat emerald set in pave diamonds, which my husband gave me a couple of years ago.
Sometimes I'll wear my mother's multiple-diamond ring over her flat gold wedding band, instead of my own set.
I suppose those decisions are "wrong" as well?

Actually, I think that as long as there's a ring on that finger.. My wife can't wear her proper wedding ring right now because she's 8-months pregnant, but she has another nice little ring that fits..

Your logic is foreign to me because I didn't marry such a high-maintenance woman.. I lucked out-my wife doesn't give a hoot about diamonds, or even jewelry for that matter.. And she prefers silver because it goes better with her skin tone..

Actually, my wife wears the very set that my father wed my mother with some 38 years ago..

stsinner
09-21-2009, 09:24 AM
That "spectacles, testicles" saying has been around for decades. I've only heard Catholics say it, in my experience. :)

In the meantime, you learn something new every day. Women who don't wear their wedding rings in public are tramps. I never knew that before, but I'll take your word for it.

http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2008/10/8/21/736dfc93f66d9af94a3ddc91547cf798.jpg

Oh, well now I'll obviously have to change my position on it like a spineless coward, right... I still think it looks trampy.. I didn't say they're going to cheat or act trampy.. I just think it looks trampy..

linda22003
09-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh, and StSinner, not wearing them all the time doesn't mean I don't value them or the marriage. In fact, as of TODAY I have been married to my one and only spouse for twenty-three years.

How's your record? :D

stsinner
09-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Oh, and StSinner, not wearing them all the time doesn't mean I don't value them or the marriage. In fact, as of TODAY I have been married to my one and only spouse for twenty-three years.

So I guess the novelty of a wedding wears off is what you're saying.....

I'm on my sixth marriage, but only my 4th trailer. That's pretty good for my neck of the woods.

linda22003
09-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Your logic is foreign to me because I didn't marry such a high-maintenance woman...
Actually, my wife wears the very set that my father wed my mother with some 38 years ago..

What seems high maintenance to some is just normal for others. It depends on what you are used to, and what you happen to like. I like the idea of using heirloom rings, as your wife does, but I am sorry to hear you no longer have your mother.

stsinner
09-21-2009, 09:29 AM
What seems high maintenance to some is just normal for others. It depends on what you are used to, and what you happen to like. I like the idea of using heirloom rings, as your wife does, but I am sorry to hear you no longer have your mother.

My parents divorced before I was born.... Nice one, again. I guess that makes me a bastard, right? Wait-is it conceived out of wedlock or born out of wedlock....

linda22003
09-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Now, I personally would not want to use the rings from a marriage that had failed, but that's just a little superstition on my part. I'm merely trying to communicate a new idea to you - that what you consider "right" in terms of wedding rings does not have to be universal behavior. :)

linda22003
09-21-2009, 09:45 AM
My parents divorced before I was born.... Nice one, again.

It wasn't meant as a shot. I merely thought of the main reason a woman would no longer be using her rings. Divorce has not happened in my family for a very long time, so it really didn't occur to me.

Gingersnap
09-21-2009, 09:47 AM
I don't care if the First Lady wears a ring or not (I wear a plain gold band every day). I just want her to either invest in some undergarments to fake a waist or to stop wearing belts right under her bra. It's a terrible look.

linda22003
09-21-2009, 09:55 AM
The belts are horrible. I haven't seen a good one yet.

stsinner
09-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't care if the First Lady wears a ring or not (I wear a plain gold band every day). I just want her to either invest in some undergarments to fake a waist or to stop wearing belts right under her bra. It's a terrible look.

Fake a waist... That's a good one.

stsinner
09-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Have a look at what she wore to a Medal of Honor ceremony... Just fabulous... The woman is a real class act..

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2009/09/20/what-not-to-wear-to-a-medal-of-honor-award-ceremony/

Rockntractor
09-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Have a look at what she wore to a Medal of Honor ceremony... Just fabulous... The woman is a real class act..

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2009/09/20/what-not-to-wear-to-a-medal-of-honor-award-ceremony/

She could whoop Barack! Her feet are bigger than his too!

stsinner
09-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Now, I personally would not want to use the rings from a marriage that had failed, but that's just a little superstition on my part.

When it fails because two drunks married but one goes to AA (Dad) and has to get away from the other one to be successful, I think it's a little different...

Funny thing you said that, though, because when I gave it to her I told her it didn't work.

Ree
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM

That was tacky..what's up with the teal heels?

linda22003
09-21-2009, 05:39 PM

It wasn't a garden party. I don't know if the protocol chief (there is one in place now) advises her and she just doesn't listen, or.... what.
At least it looks like she was wearing her wedding ring!!! :p

Gingersnap
09-21-2009, 05:56 PM
It wasn't a garden party. I don't know if the protocol chief (there is one in place now) advises her and she just doesn't listen, or.... what.
At least it looks like she was wearing her wedding ring!!! :p

Too many women are trend slaves to the neckline, sleeves, hemline triad. There's a place for skin but it's not at a ceremony celebrating valor. You want to project a bit gravitas for that even you don't personally have any.

On the other hand, that Black Widow veil get-up she had on for the other function was too far in the other direction.

Shannon
09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Now, I personally would not want to use the rings from a marriage that had failed, but that's just a little superstition on my part. I'm merely trying to communicate a new idea to you - that what you consider "right" in terms of wedding rings does not have to be universal behavior. :)

My mother gave me her old wedding ring for my first marriage. (She had recently bought a new ring, my parents are still together). I lost it within a week. I knew that was a bad sign.:p

SaintLouieWoman
09-21-2009, 07:27 PM

Actually, I do. In fact had been cleaning them and left the house with SR without them. I doubt if he agreed with me, but I went back to get them. Luckily we hadn't gone too far.

Linda, I wasn't referring to it being trashy to not wear the rings. It sounds as if you have a good selection of rings. I thought it was strange for Mrs O to not wear the rings when she was having a photo spread. I doubt highly if she'd be in that magazine if she wasn't MRS Obama.

What I don't understand is how Mrs. O makes so many best dressed lists. Those folks must be blind.

SarasotaRepub
09-21-2009, 07:39 PM

Congrats Linda on the Anniversary!

That dress she wore might be good for a 4th of July party but...:rolleyes:
And what the hell is wrong with Obama? He doesn't have the brains
to ask her to tone it down?? Pathetic.

stsinner
09-21-2009, 07:42 PM
And what the hell is wrong with Obama? He doesn't have the brains
to ask her to tone it down?? Pathetic.

Well, his balls were in her purse, and as you see, she decided not to bring it... Probably looked too feminine.

linda22003
09-21-2009, 08:49 PM
On the other hand, that Black Widow veil get-up she had on for the other function was too far in the other direction.

You mean like this? It's traditional for meeting the pope.

http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/nancy-reagan-pope-jp.jpg

Rockntractor
09-21-2009, 08:51 PM
You mean like this? It's traditional for meeting the pope.

http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/nancy-reagan-pope-jp.jpg

Well if the wouldn't hire those Popes with one foot in the grave!

linda22003
09-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Laura did it too. The Black Widow look is what the Vatican likes.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2006-02/09/xin_11020309211513633274.jpg

Rockntractor
09-21-2009, 08:57 PM
They look better in black than that sasquatch !

Ree
09-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Neither Nancy or Laura have a veil on....

and she(MO) has that damned belt holdin her boobs up again
http://michelleostyle.blogspot.com/2009/07/obamas-meet-pope.html

linda22003
09-22-2009, 08:02 AM
They're wearing mantillas, which are the same idea. C'mon, people. There are definitely times Michelle is badly dressed, but you all criticized what she wore to the Vatican because you didn't know that it was standard procedure. Now that you've seen Republican First Ladies wearing substantially the same thing, you know it IS protocol. :p

Gingersnap
09-22-2009, 09:51 AM
They're wearing mantillas, which are the same idea. C'mon, people. There are definitely times Michelle is badly dressed, but you all criticized what she wore to the Vatican because you didn't know that it was standard procedure. Now that you've seen Republican First Ladies wearing substantially the same thing, you know it IS protocol. :p

I did and I still think it was bad look. There's nothing sacred about a mantilla - it's not required (not even of Catholics). Women should wear black or very dark skirts or dresses that have high necks, longish sleeves, and hems below the knee. ;)

lacarnut
09-22-2009, 11:01 AM
You are a stupid bitch for bringing race into the issue. It must suck to be a Femminazi. Everytime someone is critical of a woman, you have to bring your low class opinion into the mix. I guess it's the yankee liberal coming out.

Gingersnap
09-22-2009, 11:14 AM
What are you - a third grader?

There are plenty of people who are critical of Michelle Obama precisely because she's black. Fortunately, their total numbers are insignificant.

Now, back to why women without waists should never try to fake it with a belt. ;)

linda22003
09-22-2009, 11:16 AM
There are plenty of people who are critical of Michelle Obama precisely because she's black. Fortunately, their total numbers are insignificant.

I posted that picture to show how good she CAN look. Why she decided not to look like that for the inaugural, hair done and with a gorgeous dress. I'll never know. Instead, she barely ran a comb through her hair and showed up in a chenille bedspread. :(

Rockntractor
09-22-2009, 11:18 AM
I posted that picture to show how good she CAN look. Why she decided not to look like that for the inaugural, hair done and with a gorgeous dress. I'll never know. Instead, she barely ran a comb through her hair and showed up in a chenille bedspread. :(

Dirty uncombed hair seems to be part of the style today. What the hell?

linda22003
09-22-2009, 11:21 AM

I agree. What, as you say, the hell.

Gingersnap
09-22-2009, 11:23 AM

It's changing. Sadly, that change is toward wider acceptance of the infamous 'beehive'. :eek:

Rockntractor
09-22-2009, 11:24 AM
It's changing. Sadly, that change is toward wider acceptance of the infamous 'beehive'. :eek:

I hope they don't die it blue!

lacarnut
09-22-2009, 11:32 AM
What are you - a third grader?

Now, back to why women without waists should never try to fake it with a belt. ;)

If you are referring to me, your remarks are way off base. I have probably helped more blacks and poor than you and Linda put together preparing their tax return at my job with the state and thru the IRS . BTW, Linda #.s FIRST brought up the issue of race. That sounds like 1ST GRADE to me. On topic; her dress is ugly and it matches her inner being.

Gingersnap
09-22-2009, 11:38 AM
On topic; her dress is ugly and it matches her inner being.

Okay, I'll accept that a credible fashion critique. At least she isn't wearing a beehive on top of it. :p

lacarnut
09-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Okay, I'll accept that a credible fashion critique. At least she isn't wearing a beehive on top of it. :p

You do not have to be a fashion expert to see that most of what she wears looks like crap.

stsinner
09-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I still can't believe I got no props for the Spectacles, Cane, Ball-and-Chain quip.. That was comedic GOLD, Jerry!

AmPat
09-22-2009, 01:21 PM

My wife and I wear ours 24/7. I asked her to take them off at night because she slices my face to ribbons during the night and then wonders where my wounds come from. :(

linda22003
09-22-2009, 01:22 PM
My wife and I wear ours 24/7. I asked her to take them off at night because she slices my face to ribbons during the night and then wonders where my wounds come from. :(

I agree. It's just as easy to do that with fingernails.

stsinner
09-22-2009, 01:23 PM

Let me guess-French manicure twice a week?

AmPat
09-22-2009, 01:34 PM

Alas, my wounds are second to her desire to wear the rings. One really can get used to blood transfusions. Looking like Lon Chaney however is much more difficult to manage.

linda22003
09-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Let me guess-French manicure twice a week?

More like LACK of a manicure, lately! When they grow wild, they grow ragged! :p

Rockntractor
09-23-2009, 12:43 AM
I still can't believe I got no props for the Spectacles, Cane, Ball-and-Chain quip.. That was comedic GOLD, Jerry!
Tough crowd!:D