PDA

View Full Version : Operation Ajax

stsinner
09-20-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't know about you, but I get a really bad feeling every time I read about our government doing something covertly and utterly illegal and keeping the American people in the dark about it...

But Operation Ajax was particularly disturbing because America and Britain conspired to overthrow Iran's first democratically elected government in 1953 and replace it with a dictatorship.. The actually pulled it off and put in place an American supported dictatorship in power. Now we preach free elections..

I don't follow the logic chain. If we were able to pull this off, which I don't agree with, of course, then what is the problem with controlling the Middle East and getting that situation under control? I think our power and influence around the world may be waning to a dangerously scary level.

Operation Ajax (http://www.911review.com/precedent/century/ajax.html)

Constitutionally Speaking
09-20-2009, 04:18 PM
You act as if we are unaware of this.

You also ignore the Soviet Union and it's designs at the time.

stsinner
09-20-2009, 04:47 PM
You act as if we are unaware of this.

You also ignore the Soviet Union and it's designs at the time.

I don't know how many people are aware of it.. Just making discussion.. I'll bet many people, including myself, would be shocked at some of the things our governments through history have done in terms of back-door deals and regime changes.

Ree
09-20-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't know how many people are aware of it.. Just making discussion.. I'll bet many people, including myself, would be shocked at some of the things our governments through history have done in terms of back-door deals and regime changes.
Then I would suggest ya grow up and get out in the real world....

stsinner
09-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Then I would suggest ya grow up and get out in the real world....

I'd wager that I've seen more of this world then you ever will. I've just not been a student of political history.

BSR
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I'd wager that I've seen more of this world then you ever will. I've just not been a student of political history.

the history channel doesn't count, homo.... :rolleyes: