PDA

View Full Version : Steele ‘curious’ that W.H. asks black governor to not seek reelection

bijou
09-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Michael Steele said it was “curious” on why the White House would ask New York Gov. David Paterson (D) not to run for reelection in 2010.

“I found that to be stunning, that the White House would send word to one of only two black governors in the country not to run for reelection,” Steele, the chairman of the Republican National Committee (RNC), said on CBS’s Face The Nation.

Steele was commenting on a report in The New York Times that said an intermediary of President Barack Obama sent word to Paterson that he should not run, considering his low approval ratings. Asked by host Bob Schieffer if race played a role in the White House’s decision to ask Paterson to back off from campaigning, Steele said he didn’t think so.

“It raises a curious point for me. I think Gov. Paterson’s numbers are about the same as Gov. Corzine’s. The president is with Gov. Corzine,” Steele said. The RNC chairman was referring to Gov. Jon Corzine, the Democratic New Jersey governor who is facing a tough reelection bid this year. ...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/59499-steele-curious-that-wh-asks-black-governor-to-not-seek-reelection?page=1#comments

Nice jab from Michael Steele. :D

Lars1701a
09-20-2009, 05:34 PM
I have not read up on this Governor but why would he ask him not to run again?

lacarnut
09-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Like many of these liberal left wing politicians that have no answer to the economy, high unemployment and increases in taxes, the Democrats think they can repackage another liberal and win.

stsinner
09-20-2009, 06:11 PM

Obama thinks that a nasty race will imperil the Libs in the 2010 election.

megimoo
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Obama thinks that a nasty race will imperil the Libs in the 2010 election.David Paterson doesn't have a prayer of re election and has led in some blame for the economic decline in New York so rather than hand the election to a Conservative they would run some other unknown black candidate in hopes of retaining the seat for the liberal side.Most liberals can be brow beaten to vote the black guilt ticket !.

stsinner
09-20-2009, 07:26 PM
David Paterson doesn't have a prayer of re election and has led in some blame for the economic decline in New York so rather than hand the election to a Conservative they would run some other unknown black candidate in hopes of retaining the seat for the liberal side.Most liberals can be brow beaten to vote the black guilt ticket !.

On its face, that's an excellent assumption.. I just hoped that after the election of Obama we had gotten voting based on race and nothing else out of our collective system and learned from our great mistake.

megimoo
09-20-2009, 08:46 PM
On its face, that's an excellent assumption.. I just hoped that after the election of Obama we had gotten voting based on race and nothing else out of our collective system and learned from our great mistake.
The very charge of racism is to be avoided like the plague in high minded liberal circles .The merest hint of it will ostracize an enlightened Liberal from his pack mates and lead to it's expulsion and isolation.

It has become the hallmark of the fair and progressively cultured social set .All liberals would be seen as pro progressive black and beat their breasts in tempo for their social acceptance .

The issue of black social worth and high academic achievement are seldom considered and prestigious academic and military institutions of higher education have adjusted their entrance requirements to accommodate their acceptance .

How else can a black critter get elected POTUS ?There are none with a high enough national standing to run for the office.Obama came out of the Political woodwork, just about a complete mystery and an unknown nationally .His very birth place is shrouded in a mystery.

His early childhood is a fiction .His junior years were at least partially spent in a Muslim country where he attended an Islamic religious school.

His real Political financial backings are hidden .His real birthplace is unknown.His academic records are unavailable.His real religion is an unknown as he grew up one and changed,or so he says,to another.He has shown by his works that he hates Judo Christian America and for that mater all of Jewish Israel .

He celebrates Ramadan but ignores Rosh ha-Shanah.He refuses to honor the American flag but invites the Chinese Communists to fly their flag at the Washington Crescent.

His former pastor of twenty years is a black radical. His early friend is a revolutionary activist who narrowly escaped a murder conviction .His early mentor was a known Communist .His personal history is spotty to fictitious .

His political credentials are a few years as a senator and his legal career before that was one of working with a highly dubious,quasi legal minority pressure group that danced along the edge of extortion and gang like activity's.

This man is for the most part a mystery and yet he was elected, mostly by white guilt, to the highest office in the country .

PoliCon
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM
interesting that he backs the white guy with low numbers but not the black guy with low numbers . . . .