PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday......

Rebel Yell
09-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Suppose to have rain all week. Thank God, it was hotter than a fresh fucked fox in a forest fire thia weekend.

TOTD: Peanuts!!!! Get your fresh ___________ peanuts!!!!!!

How do you like yours, roasted, parched, boiled, fried, or raw? And why? Personally, I like them boiled, we call it country caviar. Next would be fried. A lot of you have probably never had them fried, but thatís hard to beat when youíre not in the mood for boiled.

linda22003
09-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Raw, or roasted unsalted. I like the "blistery" effect as well. I'll never understand boiled. :cool:

Bubba Dawg
09-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Very rainy Monday here with locally heavy flooding. Schools and offices closed all over, including my office. Not so much high water but no running water for my office.

Power is spotty as well. We may lose our electricity sometime today.

Peanuts. Excellent topic Reb. I love peanuts. I love 'em any way they come: boiled, parched, raw, roasted, in a jar or in peanut butter.

djones520
09-21-2009, 08:05 AM
TOTD: Don't really eat peanuts. Not that big into nuts.

Bubba Dawg
09-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Raw, or roasted unsalted. I like the "blistery" effect as well. I'll never understand boiled. :cool:

I love boiled peanuts. The best are to take fresh green peanuts, wash them very very well, and then boil them until they're just right. They also should be served not long after they are boiled. I love 'em cold from the fridge and hot from the boil.

linda22003
09-21-2009, 08:07 AM
But boiled peanuts are MUSHY peanuts.

Bubba Dawg
09-21-2009, 08:14 AM
But boiled peanuts are MUSHY peanuts.

If you boil them til they're mushy they are too cooked for me.

A lot of the boiled peanuts you get at roadside stands have been boiled too long because they are keeping them hot to sell them and it may be several hours before they sell the last ones.

When you do your own one of the pleasures of doing it is to sit around the gas cooker outside under a tree and drink beer and taste peanuts until they are just right. Then you take them up.

Folks like them different ways so you may take some up for people who like them firmer and let the rest cook for the folks who like them softer.

A peanut boil or a low country boil is as much a social event as it is a preparation of food.

Shannon
09-21-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't eat peanuts.

Bubba Dawg
09-21-2009, 08:48 AM
I don't eat peanuts.

Not even peanut butter? :eek:

Gingersnap
09-21-2009, 09:24 AM
It's dark, cold, and rainy here with snow in the forecast for some elevations. I had to stop and put an air in my tire this morning and Mr. Snaps had to stay home to take Daisy to the vet. This is not shaping up to be my best morning.

TOTD: Peanuts are just crunchy beans. I'm not that wild about them but they make good squirrel bait.

Rockntractor
09-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Salted, roasted, honey roasted, boiled, if you find a new way to make them I'll eat them. I eat every kind of roasted nut there is. I buy at least 4 12 ounce cans a week. There used to be an old black man that lived at the end of the road that goes past my house that raised peanuts. He would tend five acres every year by hand and I always bought a gunny sack full every year. He would walk past every day to get his mail. I had a donkey in a pen down in the corner by his mailbox and he would always say the same thing "thats a fine looking jenny, I could do a lot of work with that jenny". I corrected him a few times because it was a jack but he always said the same thing.

BadCat
09-21-2009, 10:02 AM
I like them every way they make them.

But I like almonds even more.

Rockntractor
09-21-2009, 11:16 AM
I like them every way they make them.

But I like almonds even more.
Smoked almonds!

PoliCon
09-21-2009, 11:29 AM
TOTD: Butter Toffe or Reese cups.

BadCat
09-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Smoked almonds!

Love those.

We buy almonds raw, put them on a cookie sheet and stir them up with a little almond oil.

Roast until fragrant, then remove. While still hot, add a mixture of a bit of cumin and hot red chile powder. Mix well and enjoy.

Have you ever tried almond "milk"?

Rebel Yell
09-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Heat 2 cups of peanut oil to 350 degrees, submerge 2 cups of raw shelled peanuts in frying basket for about 4 minutes. Take out and salt. It doesn't get much better.

PoliCon
09-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Heat 2 cups of peanut oil to 350 degrees, submerge 2 cups of raw shelled peanuts in frying basket for about 4 minutes. Take out and salt. It doesn't get much better.

That's like boiling a lamb in it's own mothers milk!

Shannon
09-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Not even peanut butter? :eek:

I like peanut butter just fine. I don't eat it very often though.

Rockntractor
09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
That's like boiling a lamb in it's own mothers milk!

Oy vay!

PoliCon
09-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Oy vay!

oy gevalt! It's v-E-y not ay. :p

Rockntractor
09-21-2009, 06:26 PM
oy gevalt! It's v-E-y not ay. :p

I have a hard enough time spelling English correctly. It wouldn't work in my spell checker.

PoliCon
09-21-2009, 06:31 PM
I have a hard enough time spelling English correctly. It wouldn't work in my spell checker.

and you've never heard of GOOGLE? :eek:

Bubba Dawg
09-21-2009, 06:32 PM

Heard of it, can't spell it though.......:D

Shannon
09-21-2009, 06:32 PM

Didn't your mother teach you not to pick on retards?:(

PoliCon
09-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Didn't your mother teach you not to pick on retards?:(

Who's picking on Lars? I'm not picking on lars . . . I'm picking on the HICK not the retard :p

Megaguns91
09-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Weather here has been brisk, mid 70's and sunny as can be. It's an indian summer for sure. Just counting down the days until our endless rain starts up again...:(

Gingersnap
09-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Weather here has been brisk, mid 70's and sunny as can be. It's an indian summer for sure. Just counting down the days until our endless rain starts up again...:(

Where abouts are you? What are your feelings on peanuts? :D