PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Now Cougar Town!!!

SarasotaRepub
09-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Looks like the cougars are on the hunt!! (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090922/ARTICLE/909229997/2055/NEWS&tc=email_newsletter)

First the Cougar Cruise and now...

Forget the reputation as a home for retirees and senior citizens; the Sarasota area is about to be known as “Cougar Town.”

That’s the title of a new ABC comedy series that begins Wednesday night and could put the area on the map, literally.

The title sequence zooms in from the outline of Florida to show Sarasota with a “Welcome to Cougar Town” sign just about where Venice might be on the map.

In the mind of co-creator Kevin Biegel, a 1994 Riverview High School graduate, Cougar Town is “in some mythical area beneath Sarasota, maybe even beneath Venice, a heretofore undiscovered town. It’s maybe what Sarasota was in the mid-1970s and then kind of translated 20 miles south.”

:D

Gingersnap
09-22-2009, 09:36 AM
I think this whole cougar-madness is more than a little wishful thinking on the part of older women and the TV shows that cater to them.

Unlike older men, successful older women are unlikely to part with any substantial money or expensive gifts. That just leaves the no-strings-attached random sex which most good-looking young guys can get for free from any drunken 18 year old girl.

What's in it for them? :confused:

BadCat
09-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I think this whole cougar-madness is more than a little wishful thinking on the part of older women and the TV shows that cater to them.

Unlike older men, successful older women are unlikely to part with any substantial money or expensive gifts. That just leaves the no-strings-attached random sex which most good-looking young guys can get for free from any drunken 18 year old girl.

What's in it for them? :confused:

You underestimate what a young male will do for sex.

Lars1701a
09-22-2009, 10:39 AM

When I was 21 I dated a 39 year old women and thought I was robbing the grave :D

Gingersnap
09-22-2009, 10:39 AM

Why spend time on a high maintenance 40-something when you can get to the same place faster and cheaper with a 20-something liberal arts major? :p

BadCat
09-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Why spend time on a high maintenance 40-something when you can get to the same place faster and cheaper with a 20-something liberal arts major? :p

We're just wired that way.

Gingersnap
09-22-2009, 10:45 AM
We're just wired that way.

That explains why you people can't seem to stick to a budget. :D

Rockntractor
09-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Cougars are in my rear view mirror.Thats young stuff. Sigh!

BadCat
09-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Cougars are in my rear view mirror.Thats young stuff. Sigh!

I look a lot younger than I am, so I get hit on by cougars all the time.
Funny that I'm older than most of them.