PDA

View Full Version : When moving in with your parents can land you a book deal

RobJohnson
09-23-2009, 02:24 AM
Having to move back home at the age of 28 almost universally signals defeat. Images of an unemployed, not-so-well-adjusted George Costanza character from "Seinfeld" might spring to mind.

In Justin Halpern's case, moving from Los Angeles to his parents' house in San Diego planted the seeds for a Twitter page that's quickly growing into an Internet phenomenon, attracting offers from literary agents and book publishers.

Once a day, Halpern, 28, posts a memorable quote that his dad, Samuel, had said the day before. More than 200,000 users subscribe to get their daily dose of Sam.

We should preface this story with a disclaimer: Justin and his dad use profane language. A lot of it. In fact, the very name of the Twitter page Justin runs contains a word synonymous with human waste that is unsuitable for a family publication. The tweets themselves contain still more naughty language. So, click at your own risk.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2009/09/mydadsays-twitter.html

Gingersnap
09-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Some samples of Dad's wit and wisdom (warning - language):

"Don't listen to the pussy side of you when you make a decision. People gravitate towards being a pussy. Remove the pussy, son."1 1:57 AM Sep 15th from web11:29 AM Sep 13th from web

"I turn the kitchen faucet on and the shower burns you, yes, I get it...No, I'm not gonna stop, I'm just saying yes, I get that concept." 8:54 AM Sep 11th from web

"Who in the fuck is tila tequila? Is she a stripper?...That's her? Yeah, that's a stripper, son, I don't give a shit what you say." 11:22 AM Sep 6th from web

"I'm having a Makers Mark, you want one? What? 7up? I ain't mixing fucking makers with 7up. Might as well put a lil' fucking umbrella in it"

Just give me one striaght up, Dad. :D

RobJohnson
09-23-2009, 12:30 PM
"I'm having a Makers Mark, you want one? What? 7up? I ain't mixing fucking makers with 7up. Might as well put a lil' fucking umbrella in it"

ROFLMAO :D

RobJohnson
09-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I can't stop laughing........(caution: Dad likes the f bomb) :eek::D

"I wouldn't worry about money...No, it has a lot to do with happiness, I just meant YOU shouldn't worry, cause you'd just piss it away."

"No, you can not borrow my t-shirt...How about instead of standing there looking shocked, you do your fucking laundry?"

I think the baby shit....Well, I'm smelling shit right now, so if it ain't the baby, one of you has a big fucking problem."

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

"The universe does not give a fuck about you. You are a speck in its shit."

Gingersnap
09-23-2009, 12:36 PM
This guy is truly hilarious....and smart. I'd love to sit down with his wife sometime. :D

RobJohnson
09-24-2009, 01:22 PM
"You're gonna run into jerk offs. But remember, it's not the size of the asshole you worry about, it's how much shit comes out of it."

about 24 hours ago from web

:eek::D

He has more then doubled the number of twitter fans since the article! (think: 1/2 million)