PDA

View Full Version : 2 officers fired after Tasering parade driver, 76

megimoo
09-23-2009, 08:03 AM
"They should give the old guy five free shots at of each of them !"

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - Two police officers who chased and Tasered a 76-year-old man driving a tractor in a Wyoming town parade have been fired. Bud Grose, who was shocked five times by Officer Michael Kavenius, welcomed the decision announced Tuesday by the Glenrock Police Department.
Officer Michael Kavenius:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Michael-Kavenius/1571485267?_fb_noscript=1."Not very bright looking !"

"Hopefully this will kind of help bring the community together and be an answer to a lot of questions and problems," he said. Kavenius shot Grose with a Taser on Aug. 1 near the end of Glenrock's annual Deer Creek Days parade. Sgt. Paul Brown was also relieved of duty. Police say Grose, who...snip
snip
Their lawyer Attorney John Robinson said :
"The men have been on paid leave since Aug. 1, when they were involved in a confrontation with a 76-year-old man who was operating an antique tractor in Glenrock's annual Deer Creek Days parade.

"The old man has been going to these tractor pulls for years and always took the same short cut through the park .The cops had an alternate route laid out and when he ignored it they zapped him five times .Pure and simple case of cops ego over common sense !"
During the incident, Kavenius used his Taser (Yeh,Five Times) on the 76-year-old, retired trucker Bud Grose.
Robinson says Grose repeatedly ignored the officers' orders and slammed his tractor into Brown's patrol vehicle. Grose's family disputes that account and contends the officers overreacted during the encounter.
The confrontation sparked three separate investigations and led to a heated town hall meeting. Many residents spoke critically of the officers, and members of the town council apologized to the crowd over the incident.
Robinson contends the officers properly handled the situation.
"They ultimately de-escalated a volatile situation created by Mr. Grose's actions," Robinson said in the statement, the first public comments from the officers' camp since the incident. "If anyone violated the law that day, it was Mr. Grose. He should not be regarded as a folk hero."
snip
When reached by phone Tuesday, Grose declined to comment. His son, Mike, took issue with the notion his father's actions caused the problem.
"I'm tired of them putting all the blame on my dad when all he was trying to do was do something good for the community, " Mike Grose said.
The officers could have handled the situation better by treating Bud Grose civilly, his son added.
"I guess I'm not sure what kind of volatile situation he created by driving to the park for the tractor pull," Mike Grose said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9ASH6100&show_article=1