PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Wanderings

Gingersnap
09-23-2009, 09:46 AM
It's still dark, cold, and winterish here. The snow has been fake (for me, anyway) but a snow/rain mix is still forecast throughout the day.

Since it is so fall-like (or winter-like for me), I can see that it's time to say goodbye to summer and time to welcome fall in all its glory. This means changing out some home decor, reshuffling the closets, throwing the cold weather survival junk into the Jeep, and rediscovering the snow shovels.

TOTD: what kinds of things to do you (or your significant other) do to mark the change of season from summer to fall? Home decor, cooking, fall festivals, hunting, weatherizing, fashion, and seasonal sports or hobbies are all fair game for this thread.

linda22003
09-23-2009, 10:32 AM
"Home decor" only really changes when I haul out the stuff for what my husband refers to as "Camp Christmas". That's right after Thanksgiving.
Otherwise, autumn means the return of soups and other "comfort food" cooking, which is my forte.

lacarnut
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
It is a sunny beauty of a day at Orange Beach AL. Temp. is around 80 with a stiff breeze. Perfect beach weather and not too crowded. I could live here and become a beach bum.

Megaguns91
09-23-2009, 05:03 PM
I pull out the long johns and thurmos for coffee. As far as decorating my house stays the same all year, except christmas time. I love christmas lights. :p

patriot45
09-23-2009, 07:27 PM
I hate fall, my pool water dropped to 86 degrees! :D

Rockntractor
09-23-2009, 07:37 PM
I hate fall, my pool water dropped to 86 degrees! :D

If you pee in it it will get warmer around you!

patriot45
09-23-2009, 07:38 PM
If you pee in it it will get warmer around you!

Duh!

Rockntractor
09-23-2009, 09:24 PM
TOTD: We will probably nail a traditional black cat to the front door and hang a rams head from the mail box for Halloween but that is about it!

Bubba Dawg
09-23-2009, 09:35 PM
I change from summer scotch to autumn scotch. :D

I try out the generator that we have to use in ice storms to run the well. Get the propane tanks topped off. clean up and light the pilot lights in heaters. Trim the wicks of the oil lanterns. Check the supply of batteries.

And I rejoice. I love fall.

PoliCon
09-23-2009, 09:50 PM
TOTD: given that we are both off because of the G20 - we're both going to the church tomorrow to decorate for fall. :)

RobJohnson
09-24-2009, 12:34 AM
TOTD: The a/c just runs less...it was in the high 90's today.

I did catch a fall festival during Labor Day weekend in Illinois this year, the fall color was starting also. Here in the desert, not much changes, but that's all good!

Megaguns91
09-24-2009, 10:45 AM
TOTD: We will probably nail a traditional black cat to the front door and hang a rams head from the mail box for Halloween but that is about it!

that sounds like royalty.