PDA

View Full Version : Mackenzie Phillips: I had sex with musician dad John Phillips

bijou
09-23-2009, 11:54 AM
(CNN) -- Actress Mackenzie Phillips reveals she had a long-term incestuous relationship with her famous father, musician John Philips, in a tell-all memoir, according to People.com, which obtained an advance copy of her book.

Phillips, the 49-year-old former child star and daughter of the Mamas and the Papas founder John Phillips, says she had sex with her father the night before she was to marry Jeff Sessler, a member of the Rolling Stones entourage, in 1979, according to People.com.

"On the eve of my wedding, my father showed up, determined to stop it," writes Phillips, who was 19 at the time and a heavy drug user, according to People.com. "I had tons of pills, and Dad had tons of everything too. Eventually I passed out on Dad's bed."

Phillips, best known as Julie Cooper on the sitcom "One Day at a Time," says the sexual relationship became consensual as her life began to spiral out of control. ...

link (http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/22/mackenzie.phillips.oprah/index.html?iref=mpstoryview)

Gingersnap
09-23-2009, 12:21 PM
If this isn't Lounge fodder, I don't what is. :p

bijou
09-23-2009, 12:28 PM

I toyed with putting it in the Lounge and then veered to GD because of the incest angle. Still I suppose dysfunctional celeb families are what the Lounge was built on. :D

Gingersnap
09-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I toyed with putting it in the Lounge and then veered to GD because of the incest angle. Still I suppose dysfunctional celeb families are what the Lounge was built on. :D

That and glued body parts.

SaintLouieWoman
09-23-2009, 01:04 PM
This spoiled Oprah's "surprise". They had a promo during the local NBC affiliate news, featuring Oprah and Phillips, saying Mackenzie was going to tell her big secret. This is beyond sad.

From the pic, she looks like someone in her 60's or 70's. Those drugs and daddy dearest are really tough on a girl, poor woman.

stsinner
09-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow.. Looking at her photo, her father didn't have very high standards...

micmac
09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
No wonder she was so fucked up. Tatum O'Neal can probably relate to this crap.

Space Gravy
09-23-2009, 08:47 PM
I'll play devil's advocate. Who knows? It could just be an outlandish statement that can't be verified by someone trying to sell a book who nobody has cared about for 25 years.

PoliCon
09-23-2009, 09:51 PM

disgusting is what it is.

MountainMan
09-23-2009, 10:21 PM

I could have gone years without knowing about this........ :(

BadCat
09-23-2009, 10:24 PM

Me too.

Her mom was a real babe back in her day.

Daughter didn't inherit it though.

ralph wiggum
09-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I'll play devil's advocate. Who knows? It could just be an outlandish statement that can't be verified by someone trying to sell a book who nobody has cared about for 25 years.

That was my initial thought as well.

MountainMan
09-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Me too.

Her mom was a real babe back in her day.

Daughter didn't inherit it though.

Daughter inherited her mothers cellulite and transferred it to her face......

Gingersnap
09-24-2009, 10:21 AM

We still don't know anything. She's a D List former druggie and he's dead - isn't he? Who knows what went on.

ralph wiggum
09-24-2009, 01:53 PM
We still don't know anything. She's a D List former druggie and he's dead - isn't he? Who knows what went on.

I think I heard that he died in 2001.

What was the last thing that Mackenzie actually appeared in, some celebrity reality show or something? :confused: I just figure she's trying to sell a likely BORING book by adding some incest accusations.

noonwitch
09-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Any man who will teach an 11 or 12 year old how to inject cocaine or heroin will have sex with his young adult daughter. He has no understanding of limits, and probably figured it was okay because she was 18 when it started.

I don't feel sorry for a lot of celebrity addicts, but I do have sympathy for Mackenzie Phillips. I believe her story and I don't see how anyone could survive her childhood and not be FUBAR.