PDA

View Full Version : ACORN Sues Filmmakers

bijou
09-23-2009, 05:35 PM
ACORN has filed a lawsuit against the makers of a hidden-camera video that showed employees of its Baltimore office giving tax advice to a man posing as a pimp and a woman posing as a prostitute.

The liberal activist group contends that the audio portion of the video was obtained illegally because Maryland requires two-party consent to create sound recordings. ...
http://wjz.com/wireapnewsmd/APNewsBreak.ACORN.files.2.1203697.html

Let the discovery begin!

stsinner
09-23-2009, 05:36 PM
ACORN has filed a lawsuit against the makers of a hidden-camera video that showed employees of its Baltimore office giving tax advice to a man posing as a pimp and a woman posing as a prostitute.

The liberal activist group contends that the audio portion of the video was obtained illegally because Maryland requires two-party consent to create sound recordings. ...
http://wjz.com/wireapnewsmd/APNewsBreak.ACORN.files.2.1203697.html

Let the discovery begin!

Screw them... The damage has been done...

Megaguns91
09-23-2009, 05:43 PM
ACORN is nuts. :D

Dan D. Doty
09-23-2009, 06:50 PM
that case ain't goin' hold water :p

AmPat
09-23-2009, 07:32 PM
According to what I heard on the radio, ACORN was not chartered to operate in Maryland. Therefore, they and not the film makers were breaking the law.

expat-pattaya
09-23-2009, 08:50 PM
I would ask if the leaders at ACORN are stupid but they seem to prove it every day.

Do they understand that in a lawsuit of this type they have to prove damages or liable? Sooooo, the damages are from what? Their internal corruption.

Defense will open a lot of ACORN records. Is this really what they want?

Rockntractor
09-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I would ask if the leaders at ACORN are stupid but they seem to prove it every day.

Do they understand that in a lawsuit of this type they have to prove damages or liable? Sooooo, the damages are from what? Their internal corruption.

Defense will open a lot of ACORN records. Is this really what they want?

It also keeps their corruption in the news a lot longer. They are not denying that they did it they are just saying they shouldn't have been caught!

AlmostThere
09-23-2009, 09:42 PM
According to what I heard on the radio, ACORN was not chartered to operate in Maryland. Therefore, they and not the film makers were breaking the law.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=187898#post187898

http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/15/exclusive-acorn-illegally-operating-in-maryland/

PoliCon
09-23-2009, 09:44 PM
ACORN is nuts. :D

:rimshot:

Teetop
09-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Two party consent.

The Attorney General files these cases, right Philly?

Not the Idiot....

linda22003
09-24-2009, 11:33 AM
I've seen a picture of the kid who made the film, wearing sunglasses and his grandmother's old chinchilla stole. If ACORN took him for a real pimp, they should be shut down for sheer stupidity. :p

SarasotaRepub
09-24-2009, 06:56 PM
I've seen a picture of the kid who made the film, wearing sunglasses and his grandmother's old chinchilla stole. If ACORN took him for a real pimp, they should be shut down for sheer stupidity. :p

One can hope Linda. :D I saw that pic too, it was hilarious. He be da man!!!

NJCardFan
09-25-2009, 02:06 AM

He didn't go dressed like that. He actually wore a shirt and tie. Remember he told them he had political aspirations. Now, to help out in the case I volunteered my home to hold Hannah Giles under house arrest. :D

linda22003
09-25-2009, 08:33 AM
He didn't go dressed like that. He actually wore a shirt and tie. Remember he told them he had political aspirations. Now, to help out in the case I volunteered my home to hold Hannah Giles under house arrest. :D

I read somewhere that he did, and I saw a picture of him in the outfit on Glenn Beck; he looked like a kid dressed up in his grandmother's stole. I'm glad if he had the sense not to.

Speedy
09-28-2009, 03:16 PM
ACORN is going to fall back on the old, "Yous a bunch o racists!" strategy. I have found a way to counteract that that leaves them speechless. You answer being called a racist with, "No I'm not. It's just that you are a bunch of nig gers!" I say that nig ger either gets used by everybody or nobody.

linda22003
09-28-2009, 03:37 PM
You answer being called a racist with, "No I'm not. It's just that you are a bunch of nig gers!" I say that nig ger either gets used by everybody or nobody.

Be sure to get back to us and let us know how that works out for you. :)

Speedy
09-28-2009, 03:41 PM
My ex-wife Yvette always used to say, "If you don't want to be called a nig ger, maybe you should not act like one." She is Black. Maybe this idea is over your head but then again, maybe you understand what I mean when I say, There is a difference between being a Black person and a Nig ger.

linda22003
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Yes, I've heard Chris Rock's routine on the subject.