PDA

View Full Version : Another reason the Republican party is losing

Zane Zackerly
09-24-2009, 12:22 PM
My boss has historically been a regular contributor to the Republican Party. He gives them a pretty good chunk of change every year.

Due to some recent developments, however, he hasn't made a contribution this year. It's important you keep in mind that we're talking about a yearly, voluntarily contribution, and NOT some kind of membership.

This time the Republican party's solicitation of funds came with a little insult attached. My boss just now showed me an envelope from the Republican party...now get this...with the words PAST DUE stamped in big red letters on it!

That is not how you treat someone who gives you regular voluntary contributions.

That is so utterly clueless and insulting that my boss is threatening to go re-register as an independent on his lunch break.

Nice going, Republican party. Guess you can be in the minority another 40 years.

BadCat
09-24-2009, 12:58 PM
My boss has historically been a regular contributor to the Republican Party. He gives them a pretty good chunk of change every year.

Due to some recent developments, however, he hasn't made a contribution this year. It's important you keep in mind that we're talking about a yearly, voluntarily contribution, and NOT some kind of membership.

This time the Republican party's solicitation of funds came with a little insult attached. My boss just now showed me an envelope from the Republican party...now get this...with the words PAST DUE stamped in big red letters on it!

That is not how you treat someone who gives you regular voluntary contributions.

That is so utterly clueless and insulting that my boss is threatening to go re-register as an independent on his lunch break.

Nice going, Republican party. Guess you can be in the minority another 40 years.

I often get the telephone solicitations from them, asking for $$.

I tell them that as long as there is even a possibility of Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, Lindsey Graham or plethora of others, getting a dime of it, I'm not donating.

They have a pat response to this, something like "But we have to stick together to stop the Obama agenda".

I tell them that often I can not tell the difference in the agendas.

bijou
09-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Other people's mileage may vary GOP raises more funds than Dems in August (http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/113434.html)

NJCardFan
09-25-2009, 02:10 AM
Other people's mileage may vary GOP raises more funds than Dems in August (http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/113434.html)

That's because Soros hasn't opened his wallet yet.

linda22003
09-25-2009, 09:42 AM
The Dems are feeling it too. Big donors are pissed at the party going after capitalism. Astonishing. :rolleyes:

Democrats Are Jarred by Drop In Fundraising
Complacency, Absence of Big Donors Cited

By Paul Kane
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, September 25, 2009

Democratic political committees have seen a decline in their fundraising fortunes this year, a result of complacency among their rank-and-file donors and a de facto boycott by many of their wealthiest givers, who have been put off by the party's harsh rhetoric about big business.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/24/AR2009092404906.html?hpid=topnews