PDA

View Full Version : White House considers withdrawing from Afghanistan

megimoo
09-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Just announced by Jennifer Griffith in a live interview, WH has asked Pentagon for a formal assessment of a withdrawal from Afghanistan, that the Afghan War is no longer in our nations interest, blamed the Afghan elections.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2347655/posts

Comments:
Holy Sheet! Does anyone still believe this scoundrel is not a foreign agent
Is this a bad joke? This would be an absolute sell out. Obama campaigned long and hard up and down this country stating that he would do everything to win this, even invade Pakistan.
I know Obama is a leftist but I think this report will be denied.
We have allies fighting there as well, Obama asked them to commit more troops.
Hard to belive this can be true.
Strange eh? Dubyah pulled off good elections in Iraq, but community organizing Obathing could not. Obathing thinks that democracy should not be "imposed."

Well looks like we are leaving Afghanistan. If so, the Taliban will now be Russia's problem......unless they attack us here at home.

I look forward to our soldiers coming home. They are needed to get rid of the Obama Junta at the polls
For years, Democrats have been saying that Iraq was the wrong war, and Afghanistan was the right war. They said that we should have focused on Bin Laden and Al Qaeda. They said Bush took his eye off the ball by going into Iraq. They said Afghanistan is a war worth fighting because Al Qaeda attacked us on Sept. 11th, whereas Iraq didn’t attack us.
Can you imagine if after Pearl Harbor, if we decided to pull up short of victory against Japan??????? Sept. 11th was this generation’s Pearl Harbor. Now recently we’ve been hearing Vietnam analogies with Afghanistan, which perhaps is leading us to give up there. We’ll see.
There can be no doubt that baby boy obozo is unstable and bent on every means of destruction of America he can find.

There will be no congress when he gets through.
Heck... this week alone, he's sold Poland, Check, Israel and Honduras down the toilet. Why not Afghanistan?

I'm sure glad I don't live in one of them high rise New York liberal filled apartment buildings! Things could get hot, hot, hot after AQ gets its puppet state back!
No way. I don’t believe it. This would be political suicide. Don't worry, they will find a white guy to take the fall for this. Pay attention to McCrystal or Gates, also Petraeus.

I happen to think this recent arrest of this Afghani National with 'ties to Al-Qaeda' may be a bit trumped up and even Kabuki theater.

Obama's administration will use this case to say that Afghanistan is a 'Law Enforcement problem' and that we've been doing it wrong by taking the fight to them.
This will only speedup the next 911 and guarantee many, many more. Hope and change will get us all killed. Real nice move, Zippy.