PDA

View Full Version : Feds: Decatur Man Tried to Blow Up Springfield, IL Courthouse

RobJohnson
09-25-2009, 02:55 AM
CHICAGO - Authorities arrested today a 29-year-old man who they say tried to blow up the Springfield (Illinois) courthouse with an explosives-filled van.

Authorities say Michael Finton, also known as "Talib Islam," drove a van containing what he thought was explosive material, parked it directly in front of the Paul Findley Federal Building and Courthouse, then tried to detonate it with his cell phone.

The attempt was apparently part of a federal sting. Finton got out of the van, locked the door and got into another vehicle driven by an undercover FBI agent and drove away, authorities said.

Within blocks, Finton used a cell phone to remotely detonate what he thought was a bomb, agents said, according to the State Journal-Register.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/springfield-paul-findley-federal-building-bomb-plot-61202497.html

Rockntractor
09-25-2009, 10:39 AM
The religion of peace.

Teetop
09-25-2009, 04:51 PM
The religion of pieces.

Fixed.:D

Gingersnap
09-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Not Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists today seem to be Muslim. :mad:

stsinner
09-25-2009, 05:35 PM
How many is that now this month, alone?

RobJohnson
09-25-2009, 11:37 PM

Too many.

This jackass thought he was going to be a hero by blowing up the building. I hope he has a long life in jail to think it over.

SaintLouieWoman
09-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Way more than when W was president. There seems to be no fear anymore. They know there's a weakling in office now.

As a sales rep who's often in federal buildings, this really scares me. Springfield, Illinois isn't far from STL.

Ever since the Oklahoma City fed bldg bombing, I've become more adept with selling over the phone than personal visits. I don't feel too safe with some of the fed security guards with lots of tenure.